FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Connection / Key Map Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pmr

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:17 am

Connection / Key Map Issues

I've used IS Boxer for a while for EQ, but just recently reformatted my hard drive and I'm reinstalling software, etc.

I'm having troubles setting up IS Boxer with EQ.

Problem #1

When I first re-loaded IS Boxer, I had connectivity to the EQ login server and could log all my characters in. I've been dealing with some BSOD (memory management) issues (thanks Microsoft!). I took out some of the my RAM (went down to 4GB) and could get all 6 instances to load with IS Boxer, though loading that many instances with 4GB of RAM was ridiculously slow. So I added back in the 8GB I took out. But now I'm not getting a connection to the EQ login server when using IS Boxer (I can connect normally). I can load the game but entering account and password info doesn't get passed to the login server. I "timeout" every time.

IS Boxer didn't automatically detect EQ, so I added it and used the "patchme" parameter.

Problem #2

When I create new "Key Maps" they don't save in ISBoxer Suite. For EQ, I've made Key Maps of the "1" thru "=" keys. When I close and then reload IS Boxer Suite, the only Kep Map still there is the "1". Everything else - "2" thru "=" is lost.

Problem #3

I tried to create my own Key Maps Group, but when I used the icons in the upper left to Toggle Key Maps, they didn't turn off/on. Then I read this:

"If you want to create your own Key Maps (as opposed to adding Mapped Keys to the current Key Maps), you will need to add a Key Map State Action to steps 1 and 2 of this key if you want to toggle your new Key Map."

I tried doing this but it didnt seem to work when I could log into EQ (before the connectivity issues I'm having now).

Any helpful ideas?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Connection / Key Map Issues

I can only help with the last issue.

In warcraft we have a General, FTL DPS and Control Keymap.
In everquest, you'll want the equivalent of Control (or maybe Always on... something to that effect).

In the Toolkit, expand your Control/Always-On Keymap.
Find the mapped key, "Activate Maps".
There should be two steps.
One of those activates your Key Maps.
The other disables your Key Maps.

In the first step, copy to clipboard one of the Key Maps that is enabled/disabled.
Then edit the Key Map (of the copy) so it instead points to the Key Map you created.

Do the same, in the second step.

Export.

The Key Map you created (and any Mapped Keys within) will toggle on and off, along with your other Key Maps via whatever the hotkey is.

For your first two issues, I can guess.

Is Inner Space is pointed to the EQ executable and not to the Launcher?
Are you running everything as an Administrator?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to EverQuest