FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Loss of Mouselock

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ronis

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Loss of Mouselock

Its been bugging me for quite sometime now, so I figured I would ask. I get frequent "un" mouse locks, which is very frustrating as I use it for just about everything. I can turn mouse lock back on via F12 in game and it can be off again within minutes (frequently during the same fights).

I know a few things for certain: Im not miskeying F12 and there are no F12s in any macro. It is happening at different times to different accounts (and not changing all of them at the same time), so its not being "GLOBALLY" toggled on/off - it just appears that some accounts are just toggled off "randomly." I have yet to experience them spontaneously turning back on, but I guess its possible since I focus mainly on 1 account and less on others (so Im just unaware of it turning back on there).

First, is this a known issue under any circumstances?

Second, is there a way to prevent this at all? Im hoping maybe a hardcode "ON" or force "ON" setting.

Any advice or input greatly appreciated. If necessary I can post the required files but thought I would ask first.

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Loss of Mouselock

No, actually this is the first time I've seen anyone mention the mouselook toggle key (F12). I've never used it personally. There is nothing that would press F12 by default from ISBoxer for EQ1.

Second, is there a way to prevent this at all? Im hoping maybe a hardcode "ON" or force "ON" setting.

If there is it would be something built into the EverQuest client...

With a copy of your configuration I could help confirm that you're not sending F12. [url=http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13]HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support[url]
<<

ronis

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks for any help and the speedy response Lax. There is no locking mode in EQ Client, only toggle on/off which seems to only happen when using ISBoxer, not WinEQ2Pro.

http://www.privatepaste.com/1d5d5b1d5e
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Yeah, definitely no F12 coming from ISBoxer from this config.

Here's my suggestions:
1. Make sure your G110 profile (in the Logitech software) is cleared out... Each time the G110 (and my G15, G510, etc) is powered up the hardware gets factory settings which include pressing F-keys...
2. Change the key binding in the game to not be F12. This is a sure-fire fix ;) Hit Alt+O, click the Keys tab, and at the bottom of the Movement category is "Toggle mouse look". Click the F12 there and hit ESC when it says to Press a key, and that will un-bind it.

Return to EverQuest