FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hardware lag issue? Need advice

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eqitchy

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:24 pm

hardware lag issue? Need advice

Hi Lax,

I am having a lag issue, it seems to be hardware but did not exist a few months or more ago.

I have a macro I use to kill on one character one pc1 and tell the other character on pc2 to loot. This used to work fine maybe last year? but when I started the macro again just recently I found the looting character would have a 10 or 15 second delay from when the loot command was sent and the corpse was actually looted. I never had that issue before but it seemed that if the cursor was not on each of the windows making them foreground, there there was serious lag. I then selected the "make game believe it is foreground option and this problem went away but another sprang in its place. I now get fairly substantial lag on my systems to where the FPS drops dramatically and its hard to move or turn without jerking etc..

I ran the cpu wizard again and set it to round robin so each char is sharing a physical and virtual core but i still have issues.
main pc is a i7 sandybridge 2630qm@ 2.0ghz on win7 pro 64 with gtx460m with 8gb ram, secondary pc is a i7 920 @ 2.3ghz with gtx285 video card and 12gb ram on win7 64 pro.
http://www.privatepaste.com/fa52960777

I am running 6 on the 1st pc (laptop) with eq globals stripped down for less system usage and 12 on the second pc with same conditions. any help would be great!
<<

eqitchy

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: hardware lag issue? Need advice

I figured it out, I added a video card and ran the pc out of the second card, seemed it bypassed gpu processing for some reason and wore out the cpu.

Return to EverQuest