FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Devilian

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Devilian

I don't know anyone launching multiple steams. You can have one on Steam, because as soon as you shut down Steam, the game shuts down too. Steam is not a multiboxing friendly launcher.
<<

Perrigrin

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:11 pm

So, I got it launching by installing the Glyph version.

But - Keymaps and broadcast are behaving VERY erratically, like I have an option bad?

What I did was:

1) Create the Game in innerspace
2) No virtual files (dont even seem to have the file suggested to virtualize here)
3) Run the wizard
4) launch the characters 1 by 1 to setup the logins
5) launch 2 instances, they get on fine and go to character selected of the 2 different accounts
6) now, I have to manually alt tab to the second instance to get the keymaps working (to turn on and off broadcast), mouse broadcasts positions and not clicks - and I have to keep "alt tabbing" to the second instnace to get the keymaps to work - they seem to get lost all the time

not sure this makes sense? but feels like i have a general configuration error...

Edit: ignore 2, the wizard created the virtual files for me

My Diablo 3 quad box still works just fine... (updated to latest isboxer, released)
Last edited by Perrigrin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:17 pm

There is current some issues with the window swapping I believe. Covered in another Devilian thread.

But from the first page of this thread.

bob wrote:Well, for starters you can virtualise the Glyph files if you haven't already.

You can use the Virtual File Wizard for this, select Other as the game you are virtualising.
Type in the file name GlyphClient.cfg
Choose the characters you need this done for, Finish.
Repeat for files ClientOption.xml, Autojoin.xml and Chattingoption.xml

Make sure you set Glyph to Exit automatically on game launch. It is real slow though, so in your Character Set in ISBoxer you can set the Delay between character launches to 12 seconds (you computer might be faster, but this seemed to be right for me).

MiRai wrote:For Devilian mouse broadcasting you should probably be virtualizing ClientOption.xml (bob has already given instructions on how to virtualize a file). Second, you should be running Windowed mode (not windowed fullscreen, or fullscreen) which is also shown as <m_windowMode>0</m_windowMode> in the XML file. Third, you should be setting the X,Y screen size in each of the newly virtualized ClientOption.xml files to match what the regions of your Window Layout are rendering at (shown as <m_screenX> and <m_screenY> in the XML file).

As for the broadcasting/key maps being weird. Sounds it. The default Action RPG config should let it behave the same way as Diablo3. I'd be inclined to check to make sure you haven't setup this profile as MMO. Failing that, share your config, and we can see if anything is out of place.
<<

Perrigrin

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks Bob,

I'm completely stumped.

I also noted that I can't close the "black window with text" that you get when you create a new character set - so one issue I seem to have is general mouse interraction.

The other thing I noticed, is that it seems to somehow try and sometimes log my second character on twice - I see both log on fine, both windows open - Then I get a "duplicate login" message (from the game) and the second character gets quit.

Here is my config, but will try a reboot now :P
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/92f551aabcf7f9ad6dda
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Inner Space and ISBoxer have both been updated as of this post to resolve current issues (Inner Space build 6113, ISBoxer 41.14.1220.1). If your ClientOption.xml file is correctly virtualized, you should not need to manually adjust the windowed mode or resolution settings.

To update Inner Space simply close and restart it to let it patch up. To check your ISBoxer go into Help and select About ISBoxer, and it will have an update link if available
<<

Perrigrin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 am

Updated both IS and ISBoxer

I get 2 characters on by just using the wizard

EDIT: 0) Also, weirdly, the text in the middle of both screens that says "character xxx is activated" remains up all the time in both windows
1) Mouse move is broadcasted
2) No clicks are broadcasted (but clicks work in the window I'm controlling)
3) No key input seem to be sent to games at all (to neither window)
4) Keybinds such as toggle IS UI and swap instance works (most of the time)

Any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:00 am

Perrigrin wrote:Updated both IS and ISBoxer

I get 2 characters on by just using the wizard

EDIT: 0) Also, weirdly, the text in the middle of both screens that says "character xxx is activated" remains up all the time in both windows
1) Mouse move is broadcasted
2) No clicks are broadcasted (but clicks work in the window I'm controlling)
3) No key input seem to be sent to games at all (to neither window)
4) Keybinds such as toggle IS UI and swap instance works (most of the time)

Any ideas?

After updating ISBoxer, did you Export to Inner Space? It should offer to correct your windowed mode setting
<<

Perrigrin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 am

I did, it did

I'm gonna delete my group and try again
<<

Perrigrin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 am

Perrigrin wrote:I did, it did

I'm gonna delete my group and try again

Recreated again - Didn't get any questions - same behaviour - But now it also dont seem to even let me click in the "main window" most of the time. Edit: No, It does send the clicks to the main window, but with some offset to the position (ie I need the mouse pointer to be a bit down from the button I want to click to click it) - Nothing seems to get sent to the slave at all (neither keys nor mouse clicks, only mouse moves)

For the record, I have been recreating the Character Set using the wizard, including creating a new Window Layout - I've kept the Game Config and the Character since before patching.
<<

xxdeadstarxx

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:15 pm

So, I've been trying to set up this up to multibox (I'm also brand new to ISBoxer which probably doesn't help either), and I keep getting an error (even when I try to launch each character individually) about failing to reset the verification module... however, when I launch the game normally everything seems to be working fine. I am using the glyph client currently, not steam.

I guess I'm completely and totally lost about how I can fix this. Any ideas from more experienced users?
PreviousNext

Return to Devilian