FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISB2 Alpha 5 Feedback

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:33 am

ISB2 Alpha 5 Feedback

I haven't been through in as great a coverage yeat, but I figured a few things to note are:

Browser Window: Doesn't pickup remembered login details from normal web browser. Is this a cookie?

Browser Window: Not able to get back to Home page.

Party Module: When setting up for WOW and using default modules, when you get to the Party Module, it has a default of In-game Macro-based Party List. If you change the Party Mode drop down, the text boxes move the left position. If you change the Party Mode again, they dont. If you go Back/Next they dont reset to the original position. How come the first time through the position is different?

Party Module: When setting up for WOW and using default modules, still not remembering Party Mode drop down selection to Slot-order Party List, if you go Next, then Back from the following module.

Party Module: Can set the same ISBoxer hotkeys for Follow/Assist/Target etc. Validation should prevent this.

Std MMO Combat Module (Editing): You can't delete items from the grid. You can select them, right click, choose delete, but when you move off, and then return they are back again, although some details have been cleared (not all though). If you have "blank" entries in the hotkey list, then ISBoxer2 will crash if you try and launch the team (at least I think this is the cause of my crash - I will generate a new profile with just this fault to test shortly).

Std MMO Combat Module (Editing): If you click/hold and highlight all the Hotkey entries, it copies the top selected Hotkey to all records.

Window Switching (Editing): If you click/hold and highlight all the Slot Activate entries, it copies the top selected Hotkey to all records.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:08 am

Re: ISB2 Alpha 5 Feedback

Browser Window: Doesn't pickup remembered login details from normal web browser. Is this a cookie?

Yes, I'll look into why that doesn't save (should be same as ISB1 though in all fairness)

Controls similar to the ones ISB1 has will be added, but for the moment you can right click on the page to access Back, Forward, etc.

Party Module: When setting up for WOW and using default modules, when you get to the Party Module, it has a default of In-game Macro-based Party List. If you change the Party Mode drop down, the text boxes move the left position. If you change the Party Mode again, they dont. If you go Back/Next they dont reset to the original position. How come the first time through the position is different?

The only way I am able to get them to move is by toggling "Show more options ...", and then the answer is that when you tick the box the columns move right to fit the "In-game macros come from" label, while when you un-tick the box they do not automatically move back. Clicking Next and then Back again will move them back because the page rendering resets. I can look into forcing it to re-adjust when you un-tick "Show more options ..." (Edit: Definitely looks like this is the same reason.)

Thanks again for the feedback, I'll try to get things taken care of
<<

bob

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 am

I would video some of this, but for some reason the utils I have only see a black window. WPF FTW. I'll find something else, so you can see what I see because I'm getting little things that you aren't. I'm not sure why.

I'm running on a standard Windows 7 theme (actually the default Windows 7 one, but I've changed the backgrounds), which shouldn't be driving the WPF controls all that much.

lax wrote:

Controls similar to the ones ISB1 has will be added, but for the moment you can right click on the page to access Back, Forward, etc.
Ok, I should have found that. I was trying out the usual hotkeys for browsers and they didn't work :), but didn't use the right click; doh!

I think it was mentioned previously about not being able to resize the browser window??. If not, it would be nice if you could. A little divider between the two sections perhaps?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:48 am

It's ok I fixed the label column sizing bug. ;) It took way longer than expected to find the right solution, which is not the same as suggested by http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9977344/grid-column-with-sharedsizegroup-does-not-reclaim-the-size-when-it-is-collapse
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 pm

I misunderstood your cookies question originally. Yes it is a standard browser cookie. It saves as expected but as you observed does not link to your normal browser's cookies. I'm not sure there's a simple way of doing that since different browsers use different cookie storage.

I was trying out the usual hotkeys for browsers and they didn't work

Apparently I have to write some extra code for those to work correctly with the browser control hosted in WPF. That also includes the Delete key. :?
<<

bob

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 pm

bob wrote:Std MMO Combat Module (Editing): You can't delete items from the grid. You can select them, right click, choose delete, but when you move off, and then return they are back again, although some details have been cleared (not all though). If you have "blank" entries in the hotkey list, then ISBoxer2 will crash if you try and launch the team (at least I think this is the cause of my crash - I will generate a new profile with just this fault to test shortly).

Confirmed that the crash occurs if the Hotkey value is blank in the Standard MMO Combat settings. Filling this in will stop the crash from occurring.

Return to Alpha Discussion