FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trove/ISBoxer question/help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ussmbox

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: Trove/ISBoxer question/help

lax wrote:
ussmbox wrote:However as I've mentioned here a couple of times, once I updated to the developer patch mode this stopped working. :P

Right, you said that, but a) no related changes and b) I'm using build 6087 as well, and I've logged in to Trove several times since then for various tests. At the very least, so is Wheathn at this point and he didn't mention this doing anything different for him either. So I'm still looking for the reason why this would not be working for you.

If the issue is specifically related to using this build, then reverting to the non-development build (by doing the same thing -- just untick the box and restart to let it downgrade) should make it work again. So you can test that to see if anything changes for you.

I agree that your ISBoxer configuration appears correct.

Another thing you can do is open up Windows Explorer and paste in the address bar %appdata%\..\Local\Glyph to find the Glyph config files. You should find each of the GlyphClient-M1.cfg etc here. You can open them in Notepad and find the login for each under [Glyph] Login=your@email.com. If they are Read-Only for some reason, that would prevent the login from being updated when you log into Glyph. If the main GlyphClient.cfg is read-only, any new copies (e.g. for new Characters) will also be read-only, as they are copied directly from the main file.

It was never meant as "to pass blame", simply explaining what happened to exacly how and when. I didn't believe it was this issue either but I find it better to ask. Also I've checked the files before, not the only read part which I did now. But they all had the email and everything correctly. And the read only was unchecked. I've removed all configs now and letting ISB and IS remake them. If that don't work I'll try and remake a team with wizard in ISB and see if that works.

Edit, it's not super important to fix, only for convenience. The zoom and logging on wrongfully was way more troublesome. :p
<<

ussmbox

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Update:

In %appdata%\..\Local\Glyph path, there was no configs other than the base config. AKA GlyphClient.cfg. InnerSpace doesn't use the login on that particular file. So I added all the files with the specific character names attached to them. Didn't work. Also noticed that there was a file named ail1@spam4. with the dot and everything. They were originally 4 of them in the root folder of Trove inside the steam catalogue. But I figured they were part of my other team because they are all but 1 letter in the front and 2 letters in the back missing. So I removed them earlier, when I did that I got promted to log onto my mail on my first character set to set access code from this computer (only happened on 1 account). Eitherway the ail1@spam4. file inside %appdata%\..\Local\Glyph that folder is the one that is being launched onto Glyph. Or at least the email that it states is launched.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 pm

ussmbox wrote:Update:

In %appdata%\..\Local\Glyph path, there was no configs other than the base config. AKA GlyphClient.cfg. InnerSpace doesn't use the login on that particular file. So I added all the files with the specific character names attached to them. Didn't work. Also noticed that there was a file named ail1@spam4. with the dot and everything. They were originally 4 of them in the root folder of Trove inside the steam catalogue. But I figured they were part of my other team because they are all but 1 letter in the front and 2 letters in the back missing. So I removed them earlier, when I did that I got promted to log onto my mail on my first character set to set access code from this computer (only happened on 1 account). Eitherway the ail1@spam4. file inside %appdata%\..\Local\Glyph that folder is the one that is being launched onto Glyph. Or at least the email that it states is launched.

Steam catalog you say? Can you try installing it standalone/not through Steam?

(And did you try downgrading to non-development build to see if that affects your issue?)
<<

ussmbox

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:01 pm

lax wrote:

(And did you try downgrading to non-development build to see if that affects your issue?)

Yes I did and it had no effect. And yes I can install a standalone. I don't even run it with steam because steam people bother me while I try to multibox. :p
<<

ussmbox

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:27 pm

lax wrote:

Okay. Deleted everything, reinstalled and (only tried on two accounts) but it seems to be working properly now. Only tried on two accounts so far because I have to reset the account and remove mobile authenticator which I no longer have. :P But it worked on the two accounts so should be no problem with the others. Thanks for all the help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:14 pm

No problem, glad you're on your way now. :)
Previous

Return to Trove