FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV DX11 Crashes after IS Update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aluion

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm

FFXIV DX11 Crashes after IS Update

I have been playing FFXIV in DX11 mode for around a year. I left for a few months on "vacation". Now that I'm back and caught up with patches, DX11 does not work. There are no visible error messages. Game launches, but terminates so quickly that it seems to have not launched. It briefly appears in task manager, but I don't have the ninja-like reflexes required to generate a diagnostic report from it. Game works normally when launched without Inner Space. DX9 mode also works, but breaks compatibility with other things (Reshade, for example).

I've tried reinstalling. I've tried loading a simpler ISBoxer setup. No luck. I've also tried installing and running it on my two-week old laptop, but no luck there either. I suspect something in the newer Inner Space patches broke the earlier (6167+) fix for FFXIV DX11 compatibility. I don't mind the known UI issues from running on DX11, as I don't use those elements anyway. I'm currently using build 6336, but issue also occurs in development build (6360). I can confirm that DX11 was working on build 6293, when the doubleslash issue was fixed. Inner Space patches notwithstanding, nothing in my setup has changed since then; I haven't been home to change it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Re: FFXIV DX11 Crashes after IS Update

As far as I'm aware, DX11 compat with FFXIV is working great. I do know that prev versions of Reshade were not working great, although there was a very recent update to v4, which magically works again.

p.s. you don't need super reflexes for compatibility diagnostics. You just get it on the process that is running normally, i.e. outside of InnerSpace.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:07 pm

I'm going to jump in here to confirm that FFXIV is currently working for me (launched through a Character Set) using DX11 on build 6360.
<<

aluion

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:08 pm

@Bob:
Oh; I feel kinda dumb now. Wasn't sure whether the diagnostics would be useful without inner space attached. I had suspected reshade also, so I disabled it prior to the forum post. Either way, my laptop installation is clean, without reshade installed. Also made sure I ran it as administrator and hit "Export to inner space" a dozen times. So none of those were the problem.

Anyway, it's working again now! I have no idea why! I relaunched FFXIV once again without inner space, just to grab the diagnostics to post. Then, I launched it again from ISBoxer as a bit of wishful thinking on my end. It started working again without issue. It even started working on my laptop, too, and I've done nothing on it ever since yesterday's attempt to get it to work there prior to today's forum post.

Computer gremlins, I suppose!

Return to Final Fantasy XIV