FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Second client crashes after Square Enix Logo

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cravenmagic

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Second client crashes after Square Enix Logo

Hello! I have been trying to figure out the IS boxer and finally got it to launch both FF14 games, the first one I loads the sign in, I sign in, and the window pops up fine.
Then it launches the second launcher, I sign in, and the window pops up below the main one. The main window will stay up and I can log in with my characters. The second one will crash as soon as the Square Enix logo fades. I feel like this is due to either my CPU or GPU but have no way to tell.

The very first time I ever tried I was able to launch both without any crashes, but on the character select screen everything was black except the character names themselves. I was able to chose a character in each client and log in but once logged into the actual game I couldn't see anything but the menus/hotbars. The world and character models were not there. Complete blackness.

So I have kept trying over and over to mess with the CPU wizard but I either get both clients running but then I am unable to see anything but menus when they fully load or I get the second client crashing as soon as the "3d" properties of the main screen appear, which is right after the square enix logo.

So this is my desperate "HELP ME!!!" plea. I would really like to be a Lavish customer if I could get this working! Everything in the Inner Space Launcher client looks good, no errors as far as I can tell so it must be something else.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Second client crashes after Square Enix Logo

First things would be to make sure the game is running in Dx9. Dx11 is not supported currently.

Second would be a compatibility diagnostic.
<<

cravenmagic

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:05 am

Both clients are set to run in Direct X 9 and say so on the green launch button. I did try Direct X 11 while messing around with a bunch of stuff but quickly found out ISboxer cannot handle that so switched it right back to DX9. TO be clear, when I started trying to launch the character set they were both set to DX( and that is how they also are set now.

http://pastebin.com/P6x5ri6F
This pastebin diagnostic is from when the game is launched normally, not via ISboxer or any other Lavish Software.

I also have tried opening multiple versions of the game normally, not using ISboxer/Lavish Software, and they run fine side by side or full screened. The only time the second game crashes is if I launch them via the Lavish Software, and it always crashes just before the main game screen appears, right after the Square Enix logo ends. Hope the past bin helps. My system can handle more than two versions running at highest settings fine, so not sure why it is crashing!

Thanks in advance for your help!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 am

FFXIV is loading just fine over here, but then again, I'm on W10. However, you've got several things running which are known to cause issues with Inner Space:

Code:
31. fraps.exe - Process ID: 2788 (C:\Fraps\fraps.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [3, 5, 99, 15622] [Beepa P/L] [Fraps]
32. fraps64.dat - Process ID: 3652 (C:\Fraps\fraps64.dat) [Admin:YES] [x64] [3, 5, 99, 15622] [Beepa P/L] [Fraps]
33. GameScannerService.exe - Process ID: 1856 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\GSS\GameScannerService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.6.2673] [GameScannerService]

40. plays_service.exe - Process ID: 1816 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Raptr Inc\PlaysTV\plays_service.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.0] [Plays.tv, LLC] [Plays.tv Service]
41. RazerIngameEngine.exe - Process ID: 4392 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\InGameEngine\32bit\RazerIngameEngine.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.12.8578] [Razer, Inc.] [RazerIngameEngine]
42. rzcefrenderprocess.exe - Process ID: 4564 (C:\Users\WildeMan\AppData\Local\razer\InGameEngine\cache\RzStats.Manager\RzCefRenderProcess.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.12.8578] [Razer, Inc.] [Razer Chromium Render Process]
43. rzcefrenderprocess.exe - Process ID: 6936 (C:\Users\WildeMan\AppData\Local\razer\InGameEngine\cache\RzStats.Manager\RzCefRenderProcess.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.12.8578] [Razer, Inc.] [Razer Chromium Render Process]
44. RzStats.Manager.exe - Process ID: 4280 (C:\ProgramData\Razer\Synapse\RzStats\RzStats.Manager.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.1.1] [RzStats.Manager]
45. RzSynapse.exe - Process ID: 3040 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse\RzSynapse.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [2.20.15.707] [Razer Inc.] [Razer Synapse]

69. ts3client_win64.exe - Process ID: 6712 (C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [3, 0, 19, 4] [TeamSpeak Systems GmbH] [TeamSpeak 3 Client]

Both Razer's in-game engine and FRAPS are hooking into the games as they load, so I'd start by shutting those down first. However, if you're also running in-game overlays through any of the other programs (Raptr, Razer, TS3), then those are going to cause an issue, as well.
<<

cravenmagic

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Fantastic! Yes the Razr Software must have been the problem. I ended all those programs you listed and tried to launch, everything worked perfectly! I do like having fraps on though so I stopped all game clients, restarted fraps and then tried to launch the game clients again and it worked perfectly this time as well.

Thank you so much for your time and expertise! I will work on setting up the follow/attack/interact later this week after watching the three videos you posted showing your setup for FF14. But for now I am simply very happy to have both working at the same time and having 1-= transmitting correctly. Thank you again!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Glad it's working.

cravenmagic wrote:I do like having fraps on though so I stopped all game clients, restarted fraps and then tried to launch the game clients again and it worked perfectly this time as well.

I think the only thing you need to be aware of with FRAPS, is that it might crash one or more of the game clients if you close it down while it's hooked into games which were launched by Inner Space. So, as long as you keep it running, everything should be fine.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV