FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Progress & Config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enoah35

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:09 pm

LEVEL 50 DUNGEONS

TAM TARA (HARD)

STONE VIGIL(HARD) : This instance has some interesting mechanics which before attempting to multibox I thought it could prove difficult but was quite easy. You encounter mobs that needs stunning to avoid complications basically the casters that transforms into annoying dragons. Other than that, there are some VERY HARD HITTING mobs at the end like the Normal mode so be on the watch for that.

Difficulty Multiboxing: Medium

Boss1: This boss is very similar to the normal version but for me it proved easier since the field is much larger and the aoe doesn't leave with annoying debuffs. Basically position your team near the entrance for the duration of the fight. Kill adds when they appear, stay where you are if the boss moves.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eihEUsB74-Y

Boss2: This boss is quite unique since you basically just need to keep shooting the cannons that are placed in the field. Press1 for normal cannon attack, and 2 to stun it. I Have disabled the keyboard broadcasting in here but I believe it can be done enabled. You should stun when the boss is casting an aoe, you can see him with a red aura. Adds will spawn but the first wave won't attack you. Make sure you kill them since you need the NPCs to tank the boss. The second add will spawn some dragons that WILL target you. Kill these first. With constant bombarding the boss should go down before the 3rd add but I was not so lucky.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEeN0ZSctzU

Boss3: This boss is a fun one for me. He cannot be tanked. So tank should go to DPS stance. You should spread your team mate quite a far but make sure they are in range of your healer. Every attack will leave you with a heal debuff. Around 70% of his health he will spawn another boss. Just heal through the damage and burn them down. If you can dodge thats great.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5RyiiqoIs

SASTASHA (HARD) : The mobs in here hits really hard, and has quite a lot of health. Other than that the instance itself doesn't really have any new mechanics except the siren packs. The siren pack you should kill the big one first. Make sure those green orbs that goes toward the siren dies first, these will heal her if it reaches and will do splash damage if damaged.

Difficulty Multiboxing: Medium - Hard

Boss1: As a reminder this boss can be stunned. The main fear of this boss is his tail screw which leaves a player to 1% health if it hits. The idea is the tank or any stunner to stun him when he performs this skill. Around 80%, he will start casting dots on random target. Initially it hits 1 target, and at the end it hits 3 targets. These dots hurt so make sure you cure it. Around 70% of his health he will mark the tank in which in 10 seconds he will stun the tank for 6 seconds. This can be avoided if someone goes near the tank and gets the mark. You can also shield/stoneskin the tank which can avoid this if the stun's damage is mitigated.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxepYGGK15E

Boss2: He has few moves which dashes to random players and knockback or stuns everyone aruond him. He periodically calls for reinforcements (reflects on his remaining health). Once he perform his stun or charge, he will target a player and starts shooting. The damage will increase on every shot, to interrupt this you need to deal damage to him. Around 10% he will run away leaving a huge pile of adds. Like in Pharos Sirius, the swimming add will root the player. Ideally using limit break of the caster can wipe these adds in one go.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2X5xRLcEM

Boss3: His attacks are no different than the one in Hullbreaker Isle, just that this time its on a different field and you cannot leave the tornado aoe around. The idea here is to kill all the arms, ignore the tentacles and keep hitting the boss. Make sure your team is away from the tentacle since he does stun random players and throw them in front of the boss, in which the boss will follow it with a frontal cone aoe. I have parked my team on one spot and killed all the arms near it and heal through the tornado. The tank has to get the head's attention since the tentacle's water shot will target the highest threat player. Other than this boss having ridiculously high hp its not that hard.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituOdFtNJv4
Last edited by Enoah35 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:37 am

LEVEL 50 DUNGEONS

LOST CITY OF QARN (HARD): Things to keep in mind here are to not forget getting key items that drops from few mobs to open doors to the next area. Also you can use some Traps to damage the mobs like in Hullbreaker Isle. Just don't stand near when you do so.

Difficulty Multiboxing: Medium - Hard

Boss1: This boss has multiple targets in his body at first. However you can clearly see which is the correct one since it glows at the begining for a few seconds. The boss will also target a random non tank member and leaves a floating orb, which then becomes a damage zone. Once the glowing part is destroyed, he will spawn a few adds that can be killed rather easily. After the initial destruction, he will now spawn a sinking sand trap on two random non tank members that you need to get out. If you do not get out in time, you will die.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ50voRJc5w

Boss2: This boss is yet again one of those adds first but with a twist. The boss will periodically target someone and deal a 3k damage circular aoe. At 75% she will start casting 100k needle, needless to say if this fires you will wipe. Like boss 2 in sastasha (hard) you need to keep hitting the boss to interrupt her cast. She will spawn her first set of adds, which is 4 cactuars, nothing special. Her 2nd set of add includes 1 big add that fixates on healer + 4 adds. While dealing each set of adds the boss will start casting her 100k needle. For the 2nd set you can focus on her, then the adds. The third set of adds however its the same as 2nd but the big add will cast cover on the boss. Which means you deal very little damage till this big add goes down. This big add however won't fixate on the healer. Each big add also performs 5k needle which you should avoid or kill it before it fires.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsmBxPODDa8

Boss3: This boss is all about dodging the mummies that runs across the field. You can clearly see the sarcophagus that spawns randomly on 2 spots of the field. Just stay out of their path. Around 50% boss gains an ability that does a frontal line non telegraphed aoe. Both the running mummy and this aoe when hit will give you a debuff. Having 4 of these debuff will send that player to a sarcophagus on one of the 4 corners, convert them into a mummy and make them run across the room. At 50% the boss also targets a random player, attracts the player toward him with a beam that periodically puts stacks of these debuffs. This can be stunned and the victim can run away to cut off the beam. This beam can be the tank or the healer.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJ-y7Y_XfI
Last edited by Enoah35 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:24 am, edited 9 times in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:06 am

Re: My Progress & Config

Update: I find it not really necessary to put any video for Cape Westwind, and the two castrum instances since it has no real mechanic on the encounters. If you do not have the expansion, I suggest doing on Duty finder since even with the item level being boosted up by almost 3 times in these instances it can take quite a long time to complete. Unsync will speed up a little, and most mechanic can be pretty much ignored if you have a high level tank or healer.

If you do however wish to see these recorded please PM me and I will try and motivate myself to make one.

Mechanic wise all 3 instances has nothing severe. Mostly tank n spank. Only issue is the hp if you are playing with 4. However if you are 50 by this time (which most likely you are), I suggest getting the level 50 gear from auction house. I don't think you can craft them if you do not have the expansion. The item is leve 115, and High Quality ones is more or less on par with the best raid gear you can get in ARR.
Last edited by Enoah35 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:07 pm

I have finished recording some missing level 1-50 dungeons. Still need finish aurum vale, then try doing some 50 dungeons. Now that I finished Persona 5 probably will return to focus on my team again. Currently leveling Blm and Brd instead of summonerx2, however on an encounter that requires a lot of movement, summoners can shine with their dot damage and pet while moving.

There are some videos which needs re-recording...

Update 31 October: Only 2 more instances left for 50 dungeon and 2 more for heavensward leveling dungeon. There are a lot of dungeons left for the 60 dungeons but I require gearing up beforehand so I am not sure when I can update this thread.
Last edited by Enoah35 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 am

IFRIT (HARD) UNSYNCHED

The hardmodes does not have excessive amount of mechanics thankfully but it does have more elements that needs to be dodged, or healed through. Even unsynched it proved somewhat a challenge for me for a couple of tries till i figured out a working tactic. However this method I used will probably won't work if synched and having lowered your gear to ilevel 110. Since I do not have a high level dps, most of the mechanics are healed through.

Ifrit has a few moves different from normal. For instance, his Erruption (random target splashdamage aoe) happens 3 times starting from phase 2. On normal it started on phase 3 (after his super move). From phase 1 he will randomly jump in the air, and land on a random place and charges. Oh phase1 he has 1 charge. Oh phase2 he has 2, and on phase 3 up to 3. Stay out of the center just like Pharos sirius.

His spike phase has a timer of 1 minuite I believe. I wiped once for not meeting the timer. I destroyed 2 manually and the other 2 I used the summoner's limit break 2 to destroy them. A bard could probably use theirs if they position correctly to destroy 2 spikes.

Now as a general tactic, I spread out the 3 characters across the field away from each other but in range of healing. I did fight him stacked but the erruption damage became too severe for the DPS to survive (healer had no issue surviving due to her high hp). Starting from phase2, I highly suggest you stun his erruption from time to time. Not too many times because of diminishing returns. The most important Erruption to stun is on phase 3 after his 2 aoe combo. This combo is the opposite of normal. Outer first, then inner, then he does an erruption (stun this), and then gather toward him to avoid his zone wide aoe.

Difficulty Boxing: Medium (Unsynched), Very Hard (Synched)

Video: https://youtu.be/jUleyCtVgwc

TITAN (HARD) UNSYNCHED

After about 30 wipes, finally managed to defeat Titan (hard) (unsynched) WITH 50% bonus. Yes I had to boost that much to survive some mechanics but I believe with gear I can deal with him with better success. I don't know if you can beat him synched with 50% bonus but worth a try some day. My gear level of the 60s are not that high, about 195 when the highest item level right now is 235-245. Of course with gear this should be easier.

Video: https://youtu.be/TcZJ4tNJiGg
(its quite long. 6.5minuites)

Tactics and other stuff comming soon.

Note: not much activity up till probably friday due to how tired I am when I come back from work. I will keep editing the posts since I still have a few videos to link up.
<<

Enoah35

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:46 am

HEAVENSWARD DUNGEONS 50 - 55

Sorry for the late update, lately haven't had the motivation doing more than my daily chores in this game.

DUSK VIGIL: This is the first available instance in Heavensward. You will gain access after doing some Main quests in the Western Coerthas zone (one of the 2 first starting zones in Heavensward). The dungeon itself is optional, however if you want to have the ability to fly in this zone, it is required to complete the quest that involves finishing the dungeon. Mobs hits very hard in here and the dungeon leven is synced to 52 if you are higher. Meaning you can't use brute force by outleveling and there is no Unsync option in Heavensward dungeons as of yet (for some reason). Unlike Realm Reborn dungeons, chests contain fair amount of gear so be sure to open them all.

Difficulty Multiboxing: MEDIUM

BOSS 1: This boss has a very simple mechanic. Spread out your characters so that they are not near each other. Boss will randomly target a member that is not a tank and drags him/her to him, stuns it and pushes back. He also periodicaly does a zone wide aoe. Around 50%, boss does his dragging skill but with an added ability which is a charge. Since that person is stunned, you cannot dodge. You can however share some of the damage if someone gets in between the player and the boss and reduce damage. Do not get in between before he knocks back or else you will be stunned too.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLvRF7AL1U

BOSS 2: This looks simple at first but can get hectic after 50% of its health. He has some basic aoes, and summons adds. The thing about this boss is, the adds will cast a buff around them and if the boss is near, he will gain a dmg buff which you don't want. These adds accumulates just like the ones in Pharos Sirius. Kill the caster first and then the melee ones. If you damage the boss too much before the adds are down, you can have up to 5+ adds and the damage the tank gets could get too high for you to heal.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9MZNWNmL-w

BOSS 3: Notice the rocks piled around the field. These are used to dodge specific attacks the boss deals. However these rocks will demolish as they get damage, similar to Garuda's Rock pile mechanic (it can only resist 2 hits). The primary mechanic to watch out is the Whirlwind he summons in the middle. When you see this, you should use the rock to get out of its line of sight. Failing to do this will get some heavy damage as well as a wind damage increase debuff that can stack up to 4. Keep moving your members between the rock piles to avoid accidentaly getting into the whirlwind.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy3xaB6y1Ts

SOHM AL: Your second Heavensward dungeon, has a level range of 53-55. The start area involves some Plant mob that if you do not kill it, it will keep spawning pods near you which explodes and gives you a poison debuff just like the ones in Totorak. Around mid course there will be mobs which spawns some pilars which adds will keep spawning. These adds will explode when it gets near the players so no need to kill them. Just get initial aggro and kill them. Trash pack starts to become quite hard to control in this dungeon, partial reason being their size.

Difficulty Multiboxing: HARD - VERY HARD (last boss)

BOSS1: This boss has its mechanic but you can pretty much ignore it and heal through its damage. Outside its initial aoe, boss will periodicaly spawn bees which moves toward the boss. The boss then targets one with a pollen like icon in their head. Then it will drag him/her toward it and consumes them. Anyone who are near that target will get consumed, then he spits off followed by a field wide aoe. This aoe damage will increase depending on how many things he have consumed. This includes the bee adds. The trick is to put each character near the boss but outside the aoe range, and let it consume 1 target. The idea is to kill him before he consumes too many target and its damage becomes unhealable.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xBnDDgnxE

BOSS2: Mechanic wise this boss is very simple. However you may wipe due to your other members not assisting properly to kill key add that needs to die fast. The main mechanic are the two occasions that adds spawn. The first add phase you do not need to worry about killing. However you need to consider 2 things. The boss will consume a slime on each hop. This can be red or blue. Red means you need to gather up to split the damage. Blue is the opposite. Just spread a little your people and make sure the one targetted when the boss consumes the blue slime to get away from others. You can heal through though. The 2nd phase of adds, it will spawn a very large green slime. He will imediately start casting an aoe which can deal up to 90% of your parties health. So you need to kill it fast.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmKTgLhaI1k

BOSS3: This is one of those bosses that has A LOT of Aoes to dodge since every one of them are fatal. Boss has scripted attack routines:

Phase 1: Frontal Aoe (massive tank damage) => Spiltting Aoe (Other members) => Comet (Other members)
Phase 2: Random target multi aoe (initial aoe + multiple aoe on target) x 3 => Field wide AoE
Phase 3: (Similar to phase1) Frontal AoE => Splitting AoE x 2 => Comet(Increased damage) => Field wise AoE

The Splitting aoe that he does on phase 1 and 3, will hit initial aoe which is targetted toward a random non tank player. Then it spawns an aoe circle below each non tank target, followed by a 8 way aoe which probably will kill every other member if hit. Comet has a different aoe mechanic. First it indicates who is going to get the comet, after 10 seconds the comet will land on the last area these targets were. The damage will increase the closer you are on the comet's landing area. Phase2's multi target aoe will select the target where the aoe will hit. It first deals the initial aoe damage, followed by small aoe near the targgeted player that is clustered near where the target resides. Naturaly if you get hit by many of them you will die.

The deal is to survive the aoe's and deal as much damage as possible when you do not need to dodge. Phase 1 it will be the time between the splitting aoe and the comet. Keep in mind the tank gets massive damage from the boss's frontal aoe (Which has a VERY WIDE range so be sure not to be anywhere near the tank) and its melee damage. Phase 2 the multi aoe starts right after the boss gets into position (center of the room). Phase 2 involves defeating her wings. (2 targets) Make sure your other members have its target correct. Switch around the member who gets targetted by the AoE to dodge it while other DPS dishes damage and keep healing anyone low on health. Caster Limit break it really nice since it can deal more than 50% to both wings at level 2.

The idea of this fight is to dodge as many aoe as possible, deal enough damage when you can and stay alive. Wiped can happen if you forget to heal the tank, or dps dies to aoe. Phase 2 will need some luck on who gets the aoe and how well you dodge it. For phase 1 and 3, as shown in the video I used the healer and made the DPS follow her to dodge the multi aoe. On phase2 I quickly tried to spread out the DPS so that they don't get hit by its multi aoe. Make sure you have the heal buttons set to the DPS as well since you will be switching to different members constantly.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNtp8njAvU8

THE AERY: Third Heavensward Dungeon. Level range is 55-57. Initially until you defeat the first boss, the path toward the first boss has a random aoe happening near the players. This can happen when you are dealing with trash mobs. Mid course you can encounter some dragons dealing aoe on your path. Just watch where they are facing. The slumbering dragons can be ignored if you do not with to kill, the small dragonites will scream before they die and if the slumber dragon is near it can wake them up.

Difficulty Multiboxing: HARD

BOSS1: This boss has a few aoes to watch out. Most of them if you stay near him you can avoid getting damaged. Periodically someone will get marked. That person will get a high damage spell if they don't drop the debuff to the pilars that are located on the outer rim of the field. Adds will spawn everytime someone gets marked. Kill it first. While other members who don't get marked will get a small aoe field below them, if you don't move you will get hit. The boss does this 3 times. It is healable. After this the boss will knockback 3 random targets. They will get knocked back and he will then start casting an aoe that hits all the battlefield except near him. Put others on follow so that you don't get hit by this aoe.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWGfA4A2D-Q

BOSS2: This is a movement heavy encounter. You will need to switch to different members to avoid getting hit by them. Periodically the boss will spit a poison cloud to a non tank target. It sets a target and spits a cloud which will then becomes a damage zone. Staying in this will give you a poison debuff that cannot be cured until the boss is dead (like the 2nd boss in Hullbreaker Isle). The boss will gain a damage buff related to how many gas field is present in the field. These gas field can be nullified if you let the bomb add that spawns periodically suck them. However the bomb will self destruct after absorbing 4 of the gas field. You want to kill the bomb after he finishes absorbing the 2nd gas field. Place the members far appart from others and move them slightly away from the gas field when you get targetted.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C55E6395zgY (the video is long but I believe I can kill him faster)

BOSS3: First note to get into acount is, if the NPC dies its a wipe. And he will periodically gets damaged. So make sure your healer has a macro to heal this npc. (Just target him and use a heal spam macro or something). This boss has 3 phases. Phase 1 he does his frontal aoe (tank), targets 2-all non tank players and spits a ball of fire, which then roars and these ball becomes a random frontal target aoe. He will periodically targets a non tank and traps them into a magic field. You need to kill these fast or that person will die. Phase 2 involves killing adds before they kill the NPC. Since the adds mostly targets the npc, you may want the healer to heal the NPC and others kill the adds as fast as possible. Once all adds are dead, enter the force field the npc spawns. Phase 3 is the same as phase 1 but the amount of fire orbs the boss spawns will get up to 5.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0teT3RAa3c
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:11 pm

I have to say that I like to see when people make threads like this for games which aren't as visible as others in the multiboxing scene, but I have a suggestion. If you gave your videos a more descriptive title and any sort of description*, then you may see more views and show others that multiboxing in FFXIV is indeed possible.

Final Fantasy XIV - Heavensward (Multiboxing) - The Aery - Name of Boss

I think a naming scheme similar to that would not only help others who are looking for similar videos, but also draw those in who are interested. You could also put your write up for the boss from this thread into the description, with a link back to this thread so that others can benefit from additional information. Also, adding descriptive tags to the video helps too.

* I haven't watched all of your videos, so maybe you have in some of them, but the ones I've clicked on don't have a descriptive title or a description.
<<

Enoah35

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:17 am

Thanks for the Tip. I don't know when i will do it but probably add some tips on the description related to multiboxing the encounter. Right now the real difficulty I am having is motivation. I have a goal in this game, but the progression is very very slow. When I am asked if I enjoy multiboxing FF14, I would have mixed feelings. The very unresponsive assist, encounters which have loads of things to dodge (on a game that has double the GCD of most MMORPGs), the various limitations they put (Level sync, item level sync etc), very uninteresting crafting items(the item you make is always weaker than any current content items, with ridiculous requirement) and finally the uninteresting items (stats are very linear, and hard to see improvements in my eyes compared to lets say wow).

With the introduction of the new dungeon (roguelike content), maybe my motivation gets a little better.

Update: Finished renaming the title, added some sort of description and a link to this forum for those interested. Hopefully it is a little more informative than it originally were...

Update2: Started The Vault instance. So far I am having a really hard time figuring out if its even possible to beat the 3rd boss. Noting down the wipes... 1st boss = 1 wipe 2nd boss = 7 wipes last boss = 12 wipes. 2 full time session (2hours and a half) combination tried = War/Sch/Smn/Smn (lack of heal power and tank being too squishy) Drk/Whm/Smn/Smn (better, but lacks burst power on the add phase 1 min and need to kill 8 targets, while dodging aoes...). Arrived at phase 3, apart from one session, both dps dies. mechanics that needs to dodge becomes hectic since you cannot use follow tactic here (while dodging you are required to separate the 2 person who gets chained.) Overall boss damage is very high, both aoe and toward tank.

Update3: Adding another 90min of wipefest, totaling 21 wipes. I don't think this is really possible, the damage is just too high. I can now go up to phase 3 without issues but this phase is the killer. The tank just can't survive unattended while others are dodging the mechanic. Further more, the damage itself is simply unhealable since it has like 3 aoes happening all at once. Maybe I will post the video of a wipe example to see if I can figure something out. but from what I have seen, not much I can do unless I am extremely lucky with the mechanic position of one of the aoes. For now I will push forth and maybe come back again in the future.

Update4: Adding yet another 90minuites of wipe. That makes 6 hours of constant wipes. Now total of 31 wipes. I know where it fails, and I know how to solve it but with multiboxing its simply not possible. Since I am forced to be synced down to 58, my heals are not powerful enough to withstand the constant damage the party is getting. Trying to avoid the mechanic will leave the tank without much heals, the boss simply dishes out high damage that the tank just can't stay alive. I will say I think I will give up on this encounter. Mechanically its simply too much for one person to handle. Best try was down to 20%.

Small update: I am taking a little break from FF14 due to lack of motivation on pushing on. Reasons are really simple, the lack of notisable character progression. Although this is a design choice the game has made, and differs from other MMORPG that I have played. I will probably return to continue where I left in the future. But right now, the game feels more like work than anything else.

Small update2: Planning to come back around end of November, or maybe later. I am going to upload on where I left including the FAILED (yes failed) attempt of the last boss in the vault.
<<

Enoah35

Post Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 am

THE VAULT: Fourth Heavensward instance. Level range 57-59. From what I have experienced probably the hardest instance even queueing alone in Duty Finder. The trash packs varie from 3-7 mobs at once, and they hit really hard. CCs are not an option so make sure the tank stays healthy all the time.

Times wiped: Boss1 =1 Boss2 =7 Boss3 = 45+

Difficulty Multiboxing: HARD-VERY HARD (UNFINISHED)

BOSS1: You start off with boss + 3 adds, one of them being a caster. Make sure you go toward the caster after gathered the other trash + Boss. Around 50% of the boss's health, he will transform, knockbacking everyone. This boss has a zone wide aoe, targets a non tank member and stuns them followed by a very high damage attack that can leave that person around 20% so be sure to heal quickly. When the boss starts to dash, he will leave orbs that will explode after a while. Getting hit by these will damage you and leave you with a debuff. (curable) I just parked my members near the entrance, spreadding a little. The damage of these orbs are healable, and you get hit less if you don't move much.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNDeIecklh0

BOSS2: This is one of those fights where movement is really key. The boss like the previous starts on his normal form, around 50% he will transform. As soon as he transforms you will see a lot of red marks on the floor which are damage zones. Surprisingly the very edge of the zone is a safezone no matter where you are. The important thing is to learn his pattern.

Overpower (tank only and initially after transforming he does it twice, after this he does only once) - Dimention slash (Random target frontal aoe, which then leaves a Aetherial Tether which damages you if you get near and debuffs you) - Zone wide aoe with knockback - Dimention Rift (random target circula aoe, followed by a a damage zone which explodes if you get near)

Make sure you get the dps following the healer while he is doing overpower. If he turns on the others, move away. If he stays on tank, go through him to dodge. Position yourself so that the knockback does not throw you near the Aetherial Tether. Place him back in the center and prepare to dodge the Dimention Rift if it targets the others. if its the tank, dodge it. If your health is high enough, enter this bomb field to make it disappear for mobility purposes.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0X63VqjXc

BOSS3: Before anything I have not defeated this encounter with multiboxing. The cause is the damage output of the boss toward the tank and others are too great to handle and very complicated to dodge. The boss has 2 phases with one intermission between the phase. The annoying thing about this boss is, he is a caster and his spells does a lot of damage. But he will also auto attack which hits the tank about 1k per hit. The tank's health will constantly be going down fast.

Phase 1: Heavensflame (each member) - Holy Chain - Summon Knights - Altar Pyre (zone wide aoe)
Phase 1.5 (50% health or less) : summons 8 holy flames. He also summons untargetable Dawn/Dusk Knight that does vertical aoe targetting someone. After 1 minuite, he will cast zone wide aoe + any holy flame alive will explode dealing zone wide aoe on top of his.
Phase 2: Same as phase 1, but he will cast all his aoe at once, while 2 rows of knights are present.

Phase 1 is perfectly healable and the only thing to watch is to quickly get rid of the chain, and place your members on the open spot when the Row of Knights appear. Phase 1.5 is a dps race. you need to kill at least 6, preferably 7 in order to survive. The aoe itself does about 3k damage and each holy flame does about 1.5-2k damage. Meaning if more than 2 is alive your dps and healer will die. Phase 2 is the big challenge. You can immediately start dpsing the boss but this time there are going to be 2 rows of knights with tighter opening spots. While each row of knights the boss will put Heavensflame on each member. When the 2nd row of knights appear, he will also cast holy chain. The thing about here is, while you are dodging the mechanic the tank will keep getting hammered by the boss so if you focus too much on dodging the tank will probably die. If you don't focus on dodging the others will die from the aoe.

The only solution I see is to put everyone on follow and qucikly find an open spot, dodging the heavensflame in the process. While doing that on the second row, you have to figure who gets the chain. If only the tank and healer is alive he WILL cast chain on tank and healer, where if the other dps were alive the tank will be free of target. It requires quick manuver and reaction or else someone will die. And he is the last boss so... it takes a while to reach him. I may come back with paladin tank in the future, and live through the AOE hell using invincibility to survive some of them.

I have fought him with both Whitemage and Scholar as healer. Both has its ups and downs but I believe the whitemage with her powerfull aoe cure and single target cure its better suited for this boss. The DPS I decided as summoner x2 since you require to move a lot in this encounter and pet damage + dot helps while you are dodging the mechanics. The video shows only till 40% but I managed to down him to 20% once. It involved on pressing the dps while eating every possible aoe and heal spamming. It didn't work unfortunately...

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RppHsyaExo
<<

Enoah35

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:25 am

A little bump.

I have returned a week ago after stormblood expansion got released. However I am not sure if I will continue with the 4 boxing due to instances being more heavy mechnaic than heavensward. Also mobs tend to hit REALLY hard, which means it will be real heal intensive and requirement of aoes and whats not. There is an user that plays 4 account on a PS4. He uses 4 controllers and 4 PS4 and by looking at him play, it really makes you feel it can be done. However it requires a high amount of DPS, macro customization.

I will probably experiment with every single job and find out what works and what not. Melee is going to be out of the picture as always due to the single fact that there is no interact with target functoin in FF14. There is a way but FF14 is a very aoe intensive game that you need to dodge. You can't really healthrough many of the mechanics (unless you are overgeared, but leveling dungeons usually its synced down). I believe now the heavensward dungeons can be played out of sync, which I may do that.

Right now I play questing with 2 accounts. But I do dungeons separately. I will check a few healers (I have leveled warrior and white mage to 70 now), and all the ranged classes. 4.0 Stormblood have introduced a lot of changes on many classes so I could check bard, black mage, summoner, mechanist again to see what is the easiest characters to configure. As before, black mage required a lot of proc management which was the reason I have not used a lot. Now that bard and mechanists does NOT have cast time on their attack they can be viable as a versatile DPS. Summoners as always I think is also a strong candidate for being a dot class but they did lose quite a few dps on their dots.

I will update again should I continue my journey. Right now everything is too new and unknown and don't want to spend on things that I am not certain.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV