FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Titan Kill Video

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Plaiides

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Titan Kill Video

So here it is guys my titan kill video while multi-boxing so it was a very close call at the end there but that is the nature of the fight. The mechanics is absurd but doable, i wont lie it took about 50 or so times for me to clear him with my multi-boxing team but its doable.

So my strategy is to use one of the bards song so i can regenerate my white mages MP with that song on i can spam heals as much as i want so i can keep my team constantly healed.
I bunch my guys up together and once he uses landslide i turn broadcast on move out of the way and then turn it back off ( i have a macro that makes my toon face the target so they move all in sync)
with my guys all bunched up together i can avoid most of his abilities.

enjoy if you have any questions let me know
Last edited by Plaiides on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:55 am

Re: Titan Kill Video

Very nice.

I recently started to try multiboxing with this game. I have been playing since beta 3 but was not that keen on playing more than one character. Now that the pugs are getting lets say less desirable I wanted to try out see how far I can get.

A few questions if I may:

1. The healing icons you have beside each of your party member is a Video FX (your healer as a source)?
2. The hotbars I see below I believe its from your bards. Is same as the healing icons?
3. Judging from the content level I believe you are around 32-35. How are your DPS patterns set up? Do you use the macro system queing up the skills with <wait> command or do you simply use the ISBoxer's steps to define what skills you use spamming the DPS key?

Thanks and grats for the kill.
<<

Plaiides

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Plaiides on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:41 am

Thanks for the reply. Do you use standard or the Pro version of Isboxer setup?
I know I have seen Mirai's videos and he uses the Standard version on his videos but those were for testing purpose. However the more I play I have a feeling the Pro version could suite me better since I run a mixed party members atm. (so far I have done up till totorak (5th dungeon) with very odd groups for leveling purposes) So far the party I am working is going to be Tank/Healer(most likely Scholar)/Bard/Blm or Smn. Each of these classes has a very different rotation ( i do have experience up till 60 on almost every class ) and many of them are complex using conditions and such.

For example, Blm at level 60 can use certain skills when you have used two cooldowns. One of the spells refreshes these skills for a certain amount but needs active a specific buff (for example, in order to use Fire IV the strongest spell you need Enochian and Astral Fire III buffs active. The enochian is a 30 sec buff, and can be refreshed with Blizzard IV, each refresh will reduce the buff time by 5. Fire spells usually adds a buff called Astral Fire, but Fire V does not refresh that buff. You need to use Fire I. This sounds crazy so here is what you actually needs to do).

Start with Fire III, to gain the Astral FIre III buff which lasts 12 seconds. Now activate Enochian (30sec buff) now you have met the conditions to cast FIre V. So you have time to cast 3 Fire IV, then refresh Astral Fire with Fire, continue to cast Fire IV until you have enough MP till you can cast Blizzard III. Blizzard III adds a buff that regens your MP called Umbral Ice. While under Umbral Ice III, you need to cast Blizzard IV to refresh your enochian buff. Then once your MP is good, you cast FIre III to switch the Umbral Ice III to Astral FIre III and repeat to the first step. Rotation is more or less the same but the time you can cast Fire IV becomes lower since your enochian buff will go down 5 seconds every refresh. So yeah... quite hard to actually do it manually on your own.

Above that in order to improve your dps you cast thunder to hope for the proc. Which is cast any thunder spell without any cast time/mp use. So yeah... could be just hard to even consider putting on my DPS member. Bards are fortunately easier. Their rotation doesn't change much, except the fact that you will start getting a cast time once you hit 52. Although compared to say MM hunters in WoW I believe they are much weaker. Guess its all about trial and error and how to configure your rotation. I know it will be much less effective than running on my own but well... guess overgearing can overcome that. Although having level sync everywhere it is annoying :(
<<

Plaiides

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:48 pm

i use the non pro version because the in game macro system lets me configure everything in game instead of isboxer, i am no that familiar with how isboxer works enough to create rotation threw that so i just choose my ingame macros which i find works great for me.

The bards rotations seems alot simpler than the BLM although it will be enticing to at least try them at one point, my end game goal is to have 1-2 GLD tanks 3BARDS and 2 WHM Healers for the 8man stuff its going to be a very fun experience to try out.

btw which server do you play on? and do u still box ff14 because it might be worth hookin our characters up if were both multiboxing
<<

Enoah35

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I play on Lich. Originally I started on Odin but there were too many people there for my liking. I currently working on my 3rd and 4th character progress through the main quest (first and second account finished 3.0 main quest alone). I am maximizing my cross class skills so I need to level a couple of classes and the Palace of the Dead is helping me a lot (repeating 1-10 floors, reset and repeat. Nice way of getting the latest tomestones if you have a maxed character too).

Yes I still play and box in FF14, the process is rather slow since I have to do the dailies for those who reached 60 in order to prepare the others.
<<

Plaiides

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Plaiides on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Enoah35

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:12 am

Sorry for the late reply. Just managed to defeat Titan myself. Character configuration PLD(War was too low)/Scholar/2x Summoner.
The fight is rather simple but hard to execute. Its a matter of how to position your characters after dodging. And always chose which side to dodge, or else you will eat the landslide into your face. I think I wiped 10 times in total, but I already knew the fight so that gives me an advantage over you. He is a purely scripted boss, the order of the attacks are not random so you memorise when the landslide/weight of the land (the ground aoe) comes you are gold. All my wipes were due to my slaves going all over the place when I dodged. I now use 2 PCs to play 4 characters so that could be an advantage too.

I play on an EU server so not sure which server you play but ping could be bad if you play on an US server or JP for that matter. I originaly played on a JP server due to a better pug environment but the ping was so bad that I could not play any endgame content (unable to dodge stuff).
<<

Enoah35

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Going to post it here too. My version of titan kill synced to level 36. On my thread shows gear, macro and such.

https://youtu.be/FleJVhdb-AU

Had to say some dodging had a close call :S
<<

Plaiides

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:48 pm

its cool to see a difference perspective towards the fight thanks for uploading a video, especially with a differant classes used. and of course congrats!

sorry for the late reply
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV