FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FF14 forces you to quest, an issue for multiboxers!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:26 pm

FF14 forces you to quest, an issue for multiboxers!

That's at least what my sister told me whom is a hardcore FF14 player. She said that you HAVE to do questchains starting from level 1 in order to unlock dungeons, and the airship??

Is it NOT possible to just grind on mobs until 15 to do the airship quest, and then grind on mobs until you unlock dungeons? Or what :oops: ???

Halp :D, i hate questies >:(!

Also, how are you guys making money without quests?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: FF14 forces you to quest, an issue for multiboxers!

When people talk about grinding mobs I would assume they're leveling their second, third, fourth, fifth, etc class or job.
<<

pinki104

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:08 pm

its easy to level up with all the fates about ect
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:19 pm

you don't have to do all the quests that are out there just the class/story line ones
<<

fixitman

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:29 pm

I can verify that you have to follow the main storyline in order to get access to airship travel. There is no way to get to Limsa before you get the airship pass either, unless you start out there. I've read that you also cannot leave there until you get the airship pass. The ferry attendant just states the ferry "is out of service" before that part of the story. After, the fee is 200 gil to go to Limsa. I completed that part of the story today with my level 16 Gladiator.

I don't know about the dungeons yet. The servers are still too unstable for me to trust them on a longer instance.

Money is certainly not an issue in this game if you follow the storyline, and almost all of those can be boxed.
<<

djein

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:40 pm

You need to do story quests to unlock Airship Pass (to get to other starting zones easier). Then you need to do more story quests to unlock Grand Companies (basically reputation factions that has amazing stuff). Opening the grand company lets you start earning Seals to purchase a Chocobo Licence which drastically speeds up leveling. I'm not sure what goodies you get for further storyline but airship pass and grand company leading to chocobo is very useful.I didn't get mine until around 26 and was surprised at the sheer number of story quests needed to get to that point. Then you have to do class quests every 5 levels in order to stay up to date with spells. All of this means lots of duty finder instances meaning you have to do the solo instance 4x if you have a 4x multibox. I should be level 35+ by now but since i have to do a quest..inside a quest..inside a questception its pretty slow :D Still having fun tho...if i could login.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Yea, my immediate problem is i can't get anyone logged in :(.

Then my next problem is that my Glad, and two thaums are in Uld, but my healer is in Grid. Meaning, i cannot quest them together :(. So i was hoping i could do dungeons without having to do any quests. This is overall lame being forced to quest to do anything meaningful. :evil:
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 pm

So im already getting bored with doing the quests boxed..im thinking about leveling ONE toon. gearing him out and using him to PL..but not sure this game will hold my interest that long. Im missing a lot boxing though.. turning everything down.. skipping story. If i slow down and play one toon. might like it more.

Hurry up EQ Next!
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:00 pm

You can't box EQ:Next, why would you say for it to hurry up? It is following GW2's shitty combat system, and depleted roll system (ie: bad).
<<

Biggcarl

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:56 pm

thoug doing quests are easy with the interact key and the bouncy hand to select quest items and rewards and you can actually do assist on quest items on ground.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV