FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dingomingo

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

My setup

Gonna start with the fancy ideas.
Impulse Drive attack potency goes up 80 from behind!!!! Well great, that's gonna be hard to pull off quad boxing. Nah I think I got a way.
First we need to make sure we lock-on to our targets... I think it's /lockon <t>.
Second we need to decide on which side of the target we will normally stand, left or right.
Third we make a 2 step mapped/hotkey. Step One if standing on targets left side is: Side-shift right (E or D i forget dont use keyboard) "Hold". As you hold your char will side step around to the targets back then you let off and hit it again doing Step 2: Which launches Impulse Drive.
Now to walk back to the side to do Heavy Thrust....

If you have a g-13 this is a neat set up http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1406 but in ffxiv your chars will be having to move independently from each other alot to avoid strange colored ground. I say mod this setup a little and make movement keys where you can move each one with a different modifier. Using the w,s,a,d,q,e movement keys have just plain for your main, then mod it with ctrl (slot2) alt (slot3) Shift (slot4) that way you can move any char at anytime. If you use a controller like I do you can use the modifiers too. I will be doing it like this, use the g-13 stick no mod for one slot, one of the buttons by the stick to switch the stick to slot 3 (two step press again to go back) and the other button to switch it to slot4 and switch back. Then click the stick down to control all as lax setup.

I will be running 4 accounts in a normal freecompany, meaning most of my playing will be in larger groups. 8-24man. That being said I need all accounts to be able to act independently of one another most of the time.

Windows layout: I will be running slot 1 full screen on my main monitor, 2,3,4 will be 960,540 each on my second monitor. No Swap, slots locked in place. I plan to video fx 2,3,4 party window and their hp, mp, tp, bars to half of monitor 3. I would like to put headers above each feed as a reminder for muscle memory when main healing an alliance. (ctrl, shift, alt) Will explain in a sec.

Being FFxiv is setup where one character can be multiple jobs one has to be adaptive in their setup for their team.
I will be using three hotbars in game. No mod (1 through =), (ctrl 1 through ctrl=), and (alt 1 through alt=). You can also do a fourth and use shift, you might even can use right ctrl, alt, shift as different from left. I just dont need that many macros yet.
Slot-1 My main.
(1 through =) are (1 through =) Just like playing normally, then rather then using ctrl I go (Q through }) for (Ctrl 1 through Ctrl =) This gives me 24 commands just for my main. I will also leave them F1-F(whatever the game goes up to) 9 I think for pet but 10 was something. Oh and all of these hotkeys target is slot-1 only.

Slot-2 (Ctrl) Slot 2 is exactly like slot 1 but all it's hotkeys will have a Ctrl modifier, giving it 24 commands plus all the F(keys). Target Slot2

Slot-3 (Alt) target....

Slot-4 (Shift) slot 4

Now I go through and make sure each job on each account hotbars/macros are arranged the same. So if I know one I know them all.... well have to know each job's but you get the point.

Okay so I have 4 accounts that don't really work well together, to do four actions I have to use four hotkeys. Well I still have my whole "alt" hotbar.

Gonna make two Action Target Groups dd1 and dd2. Only need two cause there is no way to have more then 2 groups with 4 accounts.
DD1 and DD2 will both have mapped keys for (Alt-1 through Alt =) the hotkeys I will use will be on my numpad and g-13. These Action Target Groups key maps target will be "All of DD1" or "All of DD2". This is where I will put the joint actions for my team.
Also make 2 more Action Target Groups, assist and follow and stick everyone in them. Everyone will always follow but not everyone needs to assist.

When I solo with my four accounts I use completely different setups from what I will use for group stuff and it's much simpler.
I round Robin "All" my attack actions. Have four different cure macro's per tier of spell, one for each char and Round Robin the healers. The attack action in game macros are long and do several actions. (Stopping them has proven hard)
So when in battle my chars have different timing from all just going at once, I press "1" and my main starts doing a 5 action macro, press it again and the next slot does his and so on. For the healers they will just take turns curing whoever instead of doing it all at once.

Game macros.
Well first thing I should point out is that you can use /wait 2.5 so you might be able to use /wait .1
You can make an /assist "Main" macro then use a different one to use an ability or....
/assist "Main"
/wait .1
/ac "Kick Ya Face" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Kick ya Face again" <t>
/wait 1
/dance motion
All of your attack macros, that way no matter what you start with you will pretty much auto assist.

I know I am forgetting many things I thought up today and over the past months but this is all for tonight, just the basics of what I will be doing.
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 am

Re: My setup

For the raid healing I was using a 8x1 times 4 >.< 8 macro slots ingame to make it work custom menu bar for each slot so it could heal any one in my 8 man, but if your in a larger raid could always just make a keybind/keymap for focus target say for the main tank so you can still heal your 8 man and support heal if needed.

I was using a few simple macros

/follow "Full Name" x4 for each account
/assist "Full Name" x4 for each account
/target "Full Name" x4 if I could get the dam variable Keystroke for this to work

/target "Full name"
/wait .1
/ac "cure" this is for my party healing menu bar

other then that I didn't really have any combat macros lol I was powerleveling myself with my 1.0 toon =P
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:30 am

what i normaly do in mix team situations is make action target groups and add each character to a target group. I.E. Tank, Heals, RDPS, MDPS. Then make mapped keys with many steps to play out the rotation for each Action group. So no matter what key i press on the tank it does step 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 for each target group. This way i can just spam 1111111111 over and over and RDPS or MDPS will do 1 2 3 4 3 4 5 2 1 or what ever their rotation needs to be.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 am

I cant seem to get pet macros working . ie adding pet attack command in macros with spells. Any help? i searched all over the web...nothing worked .. ie /pet "Sic" <t> etc..
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Lyonheart wrote:I cant seem to get pet macros working . ie adding pet attack command in macros with spells. Any help? i searched all over the web...nothing worked .. ie /pet "Sic" <t> etc..

need to put /wait .1 to 99 sec delay to cast muti skills in 1 macro

give me the skills you want to use in the macro ill put it together for you
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 am

i just want to make the pet attack whatever i'm attacking. I have not set in game macros yet for boxing.. but i want to assist my main cast any spell and send in the pet in the same maco ( pet ability to attack is called Sic )
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 pm

I haven't had the chance to play with a pet class but iam sure there is a macro for it

Return to Final Fantasy XIV