FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:57 pm

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Dont know if you got the beta for it lax =P but tab target and all the goodies we need to mutibox are ingame something to add to the list

8/27/13 is its Release date for public,

if anyone wants to try the beta they are givin acess keys out like candy

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
Last edited by gnetcham on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:18 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 testing 6/14

Check this out.

I went to sign up for the beta and found out that I can't because I already had a FFXIV account from retail so I guess I'm automatically entered for the beta... but in the process, there's this link "Click here to view the Beta Tester Agreement" which links to ... https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/jsp/run/FF14RBETAENTRYN/HTML/agreement.jsp

Here's the fun part.
2.6 Beta Tester's Confidentiality Obligations
"Confidential Information" shall mean (a) any and all information relating to or contained in the Products, Software, Documentation, or other materials supplied to Beta Tester by Company in connection with the Beta Testing, including, without limitation, information relating to the performance, conditions, capabilities, and contents of the Products and Software, methods of reporting and conducting, modification schedule, modification process and its progress in the Beta Testing, AND RECIPIENT'S FEEDBACK, OPINIONS, SUGGESTIONS, AND COMMENTS (POSITIVE AND/OR NEGATIVE) REGARDING THE PRODUCT AND THE SOFTWARE, (b) the existence and the terms of this Agreement, (c) the Square Enix ID and password used by Beta Tester, or by any other Beta Tester, (d) THE IDENTITY OF BETA TESTER AND THE FACT THAT BETA TESTER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE BETA TEST, and (e) any and all information relating to the future or proposed products, services, or business operations of Company. Confidential Information includes, without limitation, all such information disclosed to Beta Tester prior to the execution of this Agreement. Beta Tester acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information constitutes valuable trade secrets of Company and (subject to the other terms of this Section 2.6) agrees to keep Confidential all Confidential Information, and only use Confidential Information in connection with Beta Tester's participation in the Beta Test.

The existence of this agreement which they ask you to click on before even registering for the beta is confidential. LOL!
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:22 pm

for the beta testers this phase there removing the confidential agrement
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:28 am

Inner Space build 5858 (now the development build of IS) includes a compatibility update for FFXIV. It's not tested yet with ISBoxer, but first things first. Now it doesn't have graphics-related glitches. ;)

To try this build, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Wow Really now i gota try it again heh, its alot more fun to box mmos then solo lol Ill do it tonight

Going to be great if you mange to get this working be for it goes live

Just tried it loads fine but mouse clicks arent passing to second window using basic build
Key strokes are passing fine also still working on geting a targeting macro lol sence the game supports it

after playing around with ingame macros and isboxer, it feels like it will be doable to mutibox going to need a decent pc to get to 3 toons lol you can lower the settings evenmore I can handle 2 atm with 50-70% cpu taken up outside town

macro system is going to end up being cast/attack sequence macros and tageting and assist will be done via isboxer, sucks there isnt a macro for targeting players names, but atleast u can do f1-f5 ingame keybinds
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 testing 6/14 updated is over till next weekend

For some reason I thought the beta was going to last 24 hours longer than it actually did, so I didn't bother to really try anything out. I only attempted to launch the game once using build 5858, but I had an immediate AppCrash error. I didn't take any details down because, well... I thought I had more time. ;) I do know that it was after a small update on Saturday to the launcher/game itself (there was a small patch), so perhaps that had something to do with it.

We'll just have to see if I'm still getting this in the next test which should be next weekend.

gnetcham wrote:macro system is going to end up being cast/attack sequence macros and tageting and assist will be done via isboxer, sucks there isnt a macro for targeting players names, but atleast u can do f1-f5 ingame keybinds

Yeah, the game is definitely able to be multiboxed after looking through the key bindings, but we need to figure out what the macro system allows.

I do know that, if it carries over to live, macro space won't be a problem. You're allowed 20 lines in your macro, but each line can hold probably 100 characters or something ridiculously large like that.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I know from the past and and after a few betas on ffxiv ARR some hotkey able skills cant be put into macros ingame, targeting party members is a good one have to hotkey ingame , and use isboxer to combo it to a macro ingame, but it was working fine just have to find the right blend , and also range classes work best tried it with 2 monks and there isnt a auto run to mob when attacking like in other mmos, 1 tank 4 range would work best if you could handle that many.

Cant wait to play with it more this weekend
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

gnetcham wrote:I know from the past and and after a few betas on ffxiv ARR some hotkey able skills cant be put into macros ingame, targeting party members is a good one have to hotkey ingame , and use isboxer to combo it to a macro ingame, but it was working fine just have to find the right blend

I assumed semi-FTL targeting would work like some other games where you would have a <Target Active Slot> on key press and then <Assist> on release, because there's a Target Target's Target key binding in game (or whatever it's called -- it's not directly called "assist").

gnetcham wrote:and also range classes work best tried it with 2 monks and there isnt a auto run to mob when attacking like in other mmos, 1 tank 4 range would work best if you could handle that many.

Cant wait to play with it more this weekend

There isn't an auto-run, but there is an auto-face key binding that I saw. When you use it it just immediately flips your character around toward the target with no delay.

I applied a few more times for beta to try and get a total of 5, but it seemed like it was hit or miss on whether their system was going to throw an error at me during registration or not. It would tell me to retry after hitting submit when verifying the info I had entered, but when trying to re-use the same e-mail in another attempt, the system told me that I had already applied using that e-mail. -_- So, we'll see.
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part2" 6/21 2:00 a.m. to 6/23 2:00 am PDT

the targeting worked fine if your in your own party but there isnt a macro for /target name, kinda sucks in open parties just have to modify were your toons are in the line up and it would still work,

did /assist macro + keybind ingame for party slot targeting worked great , also did /follow macro.

aside from tryin to get muti keys I would just purge my cookies with cc cleaner and could redo the request form.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part2" 6/21 2:00 a.m. to 6/23 2:00 am PDT

Finally got a chance to check this out again with Inner Space and I was still crashing with 5859. I was getting a game crash as opposed to an Inner Space crash and the Event Viewer showed the following:

Faulting application name: ffxiv.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x51c401db
Faulting module name: IS-D3D9.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51c1caea
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000067ad
Faulting process id: 0x9834
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6ea4b9b8632d
Faulting application path: E:\FFXIV Beta\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)\game\ffxiv.exe
Faulting module path: E:\InnerSpace\IS-D3D9.dll
Report Id: 02d37d30-da98-11e2-bed5-f46d040d6c70

The problem was that the game was set to use Windowed (Fullscreen) because that's what I was using when playing solo. I'm going to guess that when IS tried to force it into a Windowed mode that the game didn't like that; and after changing the game's display mode to plain ol' Windowed, the game launches just fine through Inner Space. ;)

I guess you might consider this a bug report, but it's also a heads up to anyone having issues trying to launch FFXIV through Inner Space at the moment.

EDIT: Game settings are saved in FFXIV.cfg which is currently located in:
Code:
C:\Users\WINDOWS_USER\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)

For use of Virtual Files.

EDIT2: Other UI layout files seem to be:
Code:
addon.cnf
hotbar.dat
keybind.dat
macro0.dat
system.cnf

I'll try to figure these out later, but they're located in individual folders also stored in the above path in my first edit.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV