FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Macro's Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pinki104

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Macro's Help

im trying to prepare macro's ready for the beta but since i didnt play the previous ARR phases im not sure what the macros are like so i have had to search abit. Please let me know if there are easier macros to accomplish the general multiboxing purposes

As far as im aware FFXIV ARR is case sensitive

Inviting team to party (as far as im aware this is the only way to do it ?)
/pcmd add (this invites the player you are targeting)
/join (accepts party invite)

Follow
/target mainchar
/lockon
/automove

Assist and attack (general for hunting mobs)
/assist mainchar (does this work like WoW where it will target your mainchars target?)
/action Fire (is it possible to do this or would i need seperate macros ?)
<<

wespash1w

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Macro's Help

In the testing thread below this one gnetch posted a lot of macros for some help. Hopefully things stay the same and are improved come open beta and launch.

Edit: On page 3
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Re: Macro's Help

Macros and Commands

Few macros That come in handy Just copy&paste into your macro book and add a icon

MACROS ARE Case Sensitive

Like this /Target "Raven Starblade" <--Wont work the "T" in target needs to be lower case
/target "raven starblade" <-- wont work because the name isnt the same as ingame for me "Raven Starblade" is what it needs to be
/target "Raven Starblade" <-- Woot I can now target myself

Target
/target "Full Name"
------------------------------
Follow
/target "Full Name"
/follow
-----------------------------
Assist
/target "Full Name"
/assist
----------------------------
Mouse over skill casting
/ac "ability name" <mo>
----------------------------
The rest is from the test forum post someone did for commands and macros its going to be a wall of text
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Macros and commands!
I have not seen much discussion about Macros and commands being used, so why not start now! Like in final fantasy XI, many of the macros and commands have carried over such as <t> for target Which can be used in chat to say "Hello <t>" where <t> will display the targets name or at the end of a macro action such as a cure to cure a target.

Updates!

-<st> and <tt> no longer work, so it has been removed.
-Also updated marking enemies with the correct command.
-Updated assisting, should make more sense now.

Contents

1)Basic Commands
2)Before getting started
3)Action Commands -or- "Skills
4)Buffing, Buffing Order, and Recasting
5)Advanced Macros
6)Targeting, Assisting, and Marking
7)Equipment Macros
8)Crafting Macros

1)Basic Commands

Now this guide shows some general commands such as <t> <tp> <hp> <hpp> <st> <r> etc haha
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...l=1#post686800

some other ways to use commands are like:

/tell <r> Hello -this will reply to the last person to sent you a a tell (yes i know you can press ctrl+R =P )

or make a macro such as:

/p My TP is low <tp>. I need to rest real quick.

2)Before getting started

A couple things you should take note ofwhen creating a macro:

When creating a macro, if you click the macro icon you can choose the graphics of the icon, and can set it to your hotbar. Remember to reapply it to you hotbar every time you make a change or the change will not be updated.

First thing you want to do for, i guess you could call them "advanced macros" (see 5)Advanced Macros), is click the COG icon on you chat bar, a new window will appear which is the character configuration>Log window settings and click on the general tab at the bottom, then go to the announcements tab and disable error messages so that you chat doesnt get flooded with error text.

You dont need to use quotation if the skill name is one word, but you have to make sure it is spelled correctly with proper capitalization, if you use "bloodbath" instead of "Bloodbath" then the skill will not work.

I would suggest having a separate "Dungeon" hotbar over a normal "solo" hotbar (See "6)Targeting, Assisting, and Marking").

3)Action Commands -or- "Skills

To use magic or weapon skills in macros, called action commands, is to type:

/ac "Cure" <t>

-or-

/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

you can make a macro to let your tank know that you need a quick rest such as:

/ac "Cure" <t>
/p I need a quick rest after this fight my MP is at <mp>.

You can use <1> - <10> where 1-10 is the order they are in you party. So now you can heal players without actually targeting them in your party. and example of that is:

An example of <#>

/ac "Cure" <2>

As well as <#> there is also <mo> or <mouse> where you can cast a specific Action command on whatever target you mouse is hovering over, whether that be on another player or enemy.
Example:

/ac "Cure" <mo>

or

/ac "Heavy Shot" <mo>

4)Buffing, Buffing Order, and Recasting

Next i will quickly show you some buff macros.

At level 30, on say Marauder, you have about 3 or so buff, and have 5 additional actions which are action commands that you can use off another different jobs that you have leveled. If you read what your abilities do, inside the action window, near the bottom it will say what jobs can use that skill. EG on Maruader, Heavy Strike will say MRD WAR but Blood Bath with say MRD WAR GLD PLD etc.

So if you have many jobs leveled you can have 5 buffs from additional actions ontop of the 3 you have and that can eat up your hotbar, especially on ps3.
So for Buff macros you can use:

/ac "Bloodbath" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Berserk" <me>
/echo All my buffs are up!

/echo puts messages in your chat box that only you can see and doesnt display your name. I put these at the end of my buff macros to let me know when i can start to attack because if you press an action command during the buffing phase, it will cancel your buffing macro.

When building a buff macro, i suggest putting defensive buffs before offensive buffs as they are active because youre taking damage, and not wasting duration. You can waste like 4 seconds off a Raging Strikes or Berserk if those were at the start of your buff macro. Lastly, i would put your best offensive buffs, at the end of the buff macro to maximize their duration.

Alternatively you can do this macro without the /wait and /echo but you will have to mash the buff button over and over untill all the buffs are applied because there is a 1 second cool down between buffs and cannot apply them all instantly.

I Suggest you leave at least 1 buff, the main buff you would wanna use such as berserk, on your hot bar, since there isnt a way to make the macro display the picture of a buff you have so that it shows its cooldown picture.

Alternatively, you could make a macro such as:

/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/recast "Raging Strikes"

This will tell you the cooldown time on your skill in the chat box, i dont prefer this method, but some may like it!

5)Advanced Macros

I will show you is a couple examples of macros that you can potentially use. I will be using an example of MRD with additional actions from Pugilist and Gladiator. Keep in mind, since there are no /wait between the action commands, you will have to keep hitting the macro to manually cast all the buff/skills.

/ac "Convalescence" <me> -this will increase healing effects on you by 20%
/ac "Internal Release" <me> -this will increase crit rate and lasts 15 sec CD 60sec
/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t> -an attack for when the mob is at 20% hp or below
/ac "Overpower" <t> -Aoe enmity ability
/ac "Tomahawk" <t> -Use range attack when out of range of overpower, fishing

Basically, in this macro, you will be putting up 3 buffs before engaging the enemy. If the enemy is not in range of your melee AoE, then you will use your range attack, which is Tomahawk then use your melee AoE which is Overpower as soon as theyre in range.

Next a little archer and pugulist example.

/ac "Internal Release" <me> -this will increase crit rate and lasts 15 sec CD 60
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me> -Increase attack by 20%
/ac "Misery’s End" <t> -an attack for when the mob is at 20% hp or below
/ac "Bloodletter" <t> -beleive a no tp, no global cooldown skill, i forget haha
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t> -Heavy Shot xD

Might be able to put a shadowbind in between bloodletter and heavy shot but im not sure if it would work or not from the cast time of bloodletter, ill have to try it out next beta weekend.

6)Targeting, Assisting, and Marking

In addition to making macro's, you can make situational macros which can be useful for dungeons and other party oriented battles.
One thing you can do is add a targeting function at the begining of your macros such as /targetnpc and /lockon <t> at the the front of your macros, though i dont use it, i can see it would help tanking in dungeons. Here is an example:

/targetnpc
/lockon <t>
/ac "Convalescence" <me>
/ac "Internal Release" <me>
/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
/ac "Overpower" <t>
/ac "Tomahawk" <t>

The next thing you can do is mark targets to attack or avoid with macro commands.
You can mark targets with:

/enemysign attack1 <t> or /marking attack1 <t> or /mk attack1 <t>

This will put a big number over the enemies heads.

Next, you can target the marked target with <attack#>.

Now i really only use this one on GLA, MRD, THM and CNJ mostly, have used it on ARC as well.
Here is an example:

/mk attack3 <t>
/ac "Sleep" <t>
/p I'm sleeping number 3! Please don't attack it.

Also, if youre in a dungeon and your tank has a macro such as:

/enemysign attack1 <t>
/ac "Convalescence" <me>
/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
/ac "Overpower" <t>

Then you could use a macro such as:

/lockon <attack1> -or- i believe /target <sign1>
/ac "Misery’s End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

I dont prefer this method as, link i provided above, there is a command to /assist or /as is in game as well

/assist <1> (which is covered next) or whatever number your tank is in party which would be way better than the /lockon <attack#> because it takes 2 to tango with that method.

If your tank doesnt use the /enemysign attack1 <t> macro then it kind of voids the /lockon <attack1>.
So i suggest using /as command over the previous one.

Last bit i will touch on is assisting.
I would suggest having a separate "Dungeon" hotbar with /assist or /as macros over your normal "solo" hotbar
An Example of a dungeon macro would be:

For assisting, lets use a light party as an example (party of 4), you can set up 4 macros in your macro build tab, that target the tank depending which slot theyre in under the party roster.
Example:

/assist <1>

or

/assist <2>

You can put this command on your hotbar as an individual macro, specifically for your party to focus a single target (so you hit the same mob the tank is).

I use this macro a lot in dungeon parties. When i join a party, i see what slot the tank is in, and just put that slot specific macro on my hotbar.

Another way to use /assist is on an action command macro itself.
Example:

/assist <2> -if your tank is the second person in the party roster
/ac "Misery’s End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

Now this way can be funky, because if the tank swaps targets when the mob is almost dead, to build hate on another target, then you will swap as well.

Also, like with the previous sleep macro, you can do:

/mk attack3 <t>
/ac "Sleep" <t>
/p I'm sleeping number 3! Please don't attack it.
/wait 1
/assist <2> -assuming the tank is the second person in roster

This may require a little more work, as you have to re-edit your macros for your dungeons etc. Or, require time if you want to build 4 of the same macro but with a different party number ( <1> <2> <3> <4>) to be able to have utility and put the macro on your dungeon hotbar. But im just showing what you can potentially do.

Macro's such as this should put less stress on everyone in the party and eliminate fights between party members such as "Omg get hate off me" "attack same targets!" etc haha

7)Equipment Macros

You dont need to use equipment macros because you can create different equipment load outs under the character tab and just put them on your hotbar.

Now, im not sure what types of items could be in game now, but if there are say, specific items that give, i dont know, a bonus to using a specific skill. Let's say "Increase Bloodbath duration by 10seconds".
Then you could make an equiping macro, on your skill/buffing macro, such as:

/equip legs "Galka Bloodbath Subligar" -equips your Buffing gear
/wait 1
/ac "Bloodbath" <me>
/wait 1
/equip legs "Normal Gear" -Switches back to your previous "normal" equipment
/wait 1
/ac "Berserk" <me>
/echo All my buffs are up!

7)Crafting Macros

You can also have macro for crafting. As Milruka shows, here is an example of crafting an item that can be built in 2-3 swings, say, an iron ingot:

/action "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 2.6
/wait 2.6
/wait 2.6
/action "Master's Mend" <me>
/wait 2.6
/action "Basic Synthesis" <me>
/wait 2.6
/wait 2.6

Now this kind of macro will be great for leveling up, because it tries to raise the HQ 3 times (which increases exp gain), then heals the items durability so that you can now finish making the item.

So, i believe that has covered most of the usefulness of macros. Besides putting emotes and stuff in macros haha like in final fantasy 11 when some tarutaru white mage as a macro like:

/ma "Cure II" <p1>
/panic motion

Then they start dancing while casting cure haha. though it might not work since there are combat stances, not sure though XD.

Hopefully i did not post this and someone had already discussed this xD, i did search the forums and didnt find anything.

Hopfully this help a little, enjoy your time in Eorzea!

Return to Final Fantasy XIV