FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2921

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

Those of you who are still reporting input lag with 5870:

What is your CPU strategy? And, whatever it is, try changing it around to see if that fixes it. Lax and I worked on this last night (I really didn't do anything at all :)) and I see barely any input lag at all. I'll get a chance to multibox it later today, but any time I had input lag in the past it was because either my FPS were too low or my CPU was being taxed to almost full load.
<<

djein

Posts: 55

Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

I'm using round robin right now and barely ever hit 50% cpu load with 4 instances. I will try different CPU Strats thanks for the heads up!


UPDATE:
Round Robin CPU Strat - clunky and very hard to play with camera view/mouse turning. (my original setting)
All CPU selected with every window slots per core 1/1/3/3/3/3/3/3 - Felt similar to round robin.
Select no CPU let the game decide - Unplayable. Couldn't even swap windows.

Select all CPU with every window 4/4/4/4/4/4/4/4 - A noticed improvement over round robin. Still a little clunky but i would consider this barely playable using mouse turning/camera.

I turned my mouse sensitivity to max with this and was actually able to maneuver around a lamp post! A miracle compared to previous settings.

I've also been getting 60fps in main window and 30fps in the other 3 so it doesn't feel like its really taxing my system to the point of causing extra lag. (I have tried limiting background as well) And my Cpu load is around 40-50%
<<

sunnylau

Posts: 13

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 am

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

finally get FF14 Beta key yesterday and try to test box 2 char...

sadly, when i just login through isboxer...
i find that i get super lag in log in Screen.. (just 1 char log in ,second char not open yet)
is that bug or isboxer still slove the problem with it?

my system:

I7 3930K
32G DDR3 ram
570 GT

work fine with EQ when box6 and Rift box5

get a big improvement after patach to 5870 version :D
hope my system can run up to 5 char to do some instance mission

thx a lot for your kind attention :)
Last edited by sunnylau on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Alge

User avatar

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Posts: 1223

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 am

Location: Under the milky way tonight

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

Another user reported this problem in the ISBoxer chat room. The issue was solved by switching to the development build of Inner Space.

To do that, right-click Inner Space, choose Patcher. Check Download dev patches, then close Inner Space and restart to let it patch.
<<

gnetcham

Posts: 278

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 am

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:05 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

My only imput lag I can see is when iam 4 boxing but thats on my end cpu bottlenecking, going to be upgrading it this week from i5 2500k at 4.2ghz to a i7-3770k, dual boxing ffxiv didnt notice any real imput lag at all

Happy to see more and more getting a chance at boxing ffxiv
<<

WaitWhat

Posts: 54

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

Well the input lag seems to be gone now, after changing the CPU strat.

Only things that are still giving me a issue is:
1.
Mouse camera angle is very jagged and rough where as I can use A & D to turn the camera's left and right and its very smooth and unhindered unlike moving the mouse camera angle.
2.
Even after rebinding Key's ingame for Alt+1-9,Shift+1-9,Crtl+1-9 and adding them into the ISboxer's via the Key Mapping Wizard. But I might have set the ones up in ISboxer wrong. Cause I set it as straight Broadcast.
But only 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,= work as of right now cross client.
3.
Currently trying to get a better assist macro made but having a lot of issues, Might just be a client/game thing and not isboxer.

(Currently what I'm using, trying to make it work with only 1 step but having targeting issues)
1.(The two Step Macro)
/target "Character Name"
/assist
Then use a skill after the slave has selected the master's target.

1.(another issue that this macro has is that if the Master Window Dies, you cant swap to it and use them for standard attack like you could if they werent macros as desired so you'd need two rows of the same skills for macro and none macroed incase the master dies)
/target "Character Name"
/assist
/ac "Skill Name"

This one causes target issues where it will often bounce to the Master Window and not attack at all. I've had some better luck using it when I use it at a slower rate but affects dps by a lot so not worth it really atm.

I know Gnet is trying to figure out how to do this better, so he might have something that I don't know of yet.


A little off topic, so forgive me about this.
Also what's the process of making it so the Isboxer will use the /follow /assist I have made to be placed on the hotbar (Like Shift 8 and 9) but have them trigger by Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 since you cant bind those two key's at the moment (I got mouse 4 bound once but it doesnt even respond. Still got it bound if anyone cares to see that it can in fact be bound)
<<

djein

Posts: 55

Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:59 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

WaitWhat wrote:Well the input lag seems to be gone now, after changing the CPU strat.

Only things that are still giving me a issue is:
1.
Mouse camera angle is very jagged and rough where as I can use A & D to turn the camera's left and right and its very smooth and unhindered unlike moving the mouse camera angle.


^^ That is my biggest problem right now. I believe i have misconstrued that as "input lag" but clunky moving camera is the issue. Its smooth when keyboard turning (a/d) but to move the camera is hell.
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2921

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

WaitWhat wrote:2.
Even after rebinding Key's ingame for Alt+1-9,Shift+1-9,Crtl+1-9 and adding them into the ISboxer's via the Key Mapping Wizard. But I might have set the ones up in ISboxer wrong. Cause I set it as straight Broadcast.
But only 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,= work as of right now cross client.

It has already been mentioned in this thread to enable the HOLD option on Mapped Keys that you would like to use a modifier with. I'm using keys that have SHIFT and CTRL on them and they're working fine.

WaitWhat wrote:3.
Currently trying to get a better assist macro made but having a lot of issues, Might just be a client/game thing and not isboxer.

(Currently what I'm using, trying to make it work with only 1 step but having targeting issues)
1.(The two Step Macro)
/target "Character Name"
/assist
Then use a skill after the slave has selected the master's target.

1.(another issue that this macro has is that if the Master Window Dies, you cant swap to it and use them for standard attack like you could if they werent macros as desired so you'd need two rows of the same skills for macro and none macroed incase the master dies)
/target "Character Name"
/assist
/ac "Skill Name"

This one causes target issues where it will often bounce to the Master Window and not attack at all. I've had some better luck using it when I use it at a slower rate but affects dps by a lot so not worth it really atm.

I know Gnet is trying to figure out how to do this better, so he might have something that I don't know of yet.

If you're just playing by yourself and are trying to get a feel for multiboxing, then Variable Keystrokes works right out-of-the-box and will continue to work even if you invite others to your party because they'll be placed at the bottom of the list, in turn, leaving your Variable Keystrokes completely unaffected. If your party order is getting messed up somehow, you can open up the social pane in game and manually re-order the party to your liking.

However, if you want a true FTL setup that will continue to work once you get into raids or are grouping with random people in dungeons, then you're going to need to follow the first method outlined on this Wiki page. This means writing out single macros for each of your characters and then assigning the correct modifier+binding to them. I honestly didn't feel like doing this because Variable Keystrokes work so well and there is no random grouping when I'm playing 4 characters at this low level -- I just wanted to play the game and get a feel for it when multiboxing.

I'm not saying don't play around with macros because this game definitely has an interesting macro system, but "hard-coding" targets into your macros is never a good idea.

djein wrote:
WaitWhat wrote:Well the input lag seems to be gone now, after changing the CPU strat.

Only things that are still giving me a issue is:
1.
Mouse camera angle is very jagged and rough where as I can use A & D to turn the camera's left and right and its very smooth and unhindered unlike moving the mouse camera angle.


^^ That is my biggest problem right now. I believe i have misconstrued that as "input lag" but clunky moving camera is the issue. Its smooth when keyboard turning (a/d) but to move the camera is hell.

Yes, the input lag is gone at the cost of a jumpy or 'rough' mouse cursor when turning the camera and moving, but the game is extremely playable (multiboxable) in its current form. Took my team from the video, kicked out the main character because gnetcham said that instances only allow 4 characters at first, and leveled my 4x THM team to ~16.4.

----------------------

As for some other insight about the game:

1) As with any Final Fantasy MMO, you can navigate almost the entire UI with just the NumPad. I've set up my NumPad arrow keys, Num0 (which I also use as my in-game "Interact" binding), and Num+ to broadcast so that I can do almost everything from accepting quests, equipping new equipment, or whatever else without having to rely on mouse broadcasting.

2) Levequests (Guildleves or whatever) are.... odd. Each of your party members are most likely going be offered a completely different set of quests than each other. When starting the leves they're shared throughout the entire party so everyone can help, but I don't remember getting rewards for more than the leves that each character originally chose to do (I could be wrong about this, it was late and I was tired).

Also, I had a character die on a levequest once, and when she got ported back to the Aetheryte she was automatically kicked from the group and was told she failed the quest. -_- I ran her back to the group, re-invited her, manually adjusted the order of my party so that Variable Keystrokes would go unaffected, and she then re-gained the levequest that everyone else was on.

3) Solo storyline quests (Duty quests) are just that... solo -- You can't even be grouped when attempting to initiate them and will have to disband your party. I found this kinda lame because I was making progress on my Limit Break bar and then all of a sudden I had to just throw it all away.

4) Did some grinding on my 4x THM once I got Blizzard II and I must say that it was semi-rewarding. I tried to rush between packs of 2-4 and just AoE the crap out of them to get the chain bonus and was making some decent XP. It was easy to aggro larger packs because when you're in a party there is that extra aggro.

I need to stop slacking on my Duty quests and get my ass an airship pass so that I can get to Gridania w/o having to walk all the way there (which I'm not even sure is feasible to do) so that I can sub CNJ for Cure because FML I have died a lot aggro'ing too much stuff on these THMs. I'll probably play some more tonight or Saturday and hopefully get some more video footage.
<<

gnetcham

Posts: 278

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 am

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

what sever you on i might be able to just toss you the gil for airship pass Mirai its like 50k if i recall
<<

Alge

User avatar

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Posts: 1223

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 am

Location: Under the milky way tonight

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

The mouselook behaviour is significantly improved for me in 5871 (current dev build). I can move around while holding/dragging right mouse to move the camera and everything works fairly smoothly. Sometimes a right click and drag still fails to register though and I am being particularly careful not to do those clicks over a UI element.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest