FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:35 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

djein wrote:Anyone else having problems broadcasting modifiers to other windows? For example Shift + F12 to /target "name" /follow doesn't work. But if i go into that window it works. If i bind to 1,2,3, etc it broadcasts to other windows just fine.

Some games grab the state of modifier keys (shift etc) some time AFTER the keystroke (after ISBoxer has let go of everything) and use the asynchronous (current, released) state of the modifier key instead of using the order the keystrokes were received.

If that is the issue with FFXIV, then you may be able enable the "Hold" option on the Mapped Key you're using (assuming you're using a Mapped Key rather than Broadcasting Mode to do this). To enable this option just select the Key Map in the top left pane, then the Mapped Key in the bottom left pane, and set the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" option to ON, then Export and try it.

If that works I may be able to apply an override for modifiers to work better with this game, without the Hold option.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Inner Space development build 5867 fixes the mouse input lag.

Please confirm the other remaining issues:
  • Mouse clicks don't work in background instances (e.g. via broadcasting, or via Mapped Key, or via Video FX)
  • Modifiers sent as part of a Key Combination from a Keystroke Action require the Hold option in order to work correctly

Thanks guys
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/02fb5b16f4

seems the lag caused from the keyboard movement + mouse camara is almost fixed , to me its now jerking around when you do it

keyboard seems to be fine still

went back to innerspace build 5853 and its just as bad atm, tried to load the game normaly w/o innerspace and runs fine,

reloaded it with the newest test patch for innerspace got 4 clients up just the jerky mouse +keyboard movement and sometimes the mouse on the main active window will just lock up and jerk around then you swap to another window and it works fine on that one , go back to other and its still jerky, or it will be fixed 50% shot it seems like

Just caught what the mouse was doing to make it look like its jerky atleast seems to be offset on the main window buy 3 inchs from were the mouse image is to were it is ghosting, tried to get a screenshot of it but the little curser goes away =(

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Dev build 5870 should improve keyboard + mouselook

Edit: 5870
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 pm

lax wrote:Dev build 5870 should improve keyboard + mouselook

Edit: 5870

Will try it now :D

Just tried it and that same "ghosting" in the pic earlier is doing the same thing but now its offest reversed of the pic strange >.<

http://www.privatepaste.com/1f1113c363
<<

WaitWhat

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:05 am

Well I got 5 beta Codes for beta, lets see how well I can work this!

also Figured you'd like to see this lax
http://www.secrets-eorzea.com/en/news/n ... -of-eorzea

The Secrets of Eorzea (SOE)
How will the user interface (UI) evolve? Will users have the ability to createmods, or interface elements, and to add them to their interfaces and share them with friends; how is that going to work and what will be the guidelines and protections against hacking?

• Naoki Yoshida (NY):
For the first 6 months after the release, we will focus on improving the interface based on players feedback. After these six months, we will provide the tools to allow players to create their own add-ons.

Honestly, we do not intend to adhere to strict guidelines for the creation of mods, we wish to leave the creative freedom to the players so that they can create and test new ideas. For example, it is perfectly possible to see the development of a specific UI for healers and one for the tanks that would better show who is getting hate, or improve the management of healing. Being too strict severely limits the imagination of designers and reduces the interest of mods.

On the question of security, there are of course concerns, there could be viruses or trojans on some add-ons, and this is something that users should be aware of and accountable for the risks in the use of mods. We also plan to work on a special website that will allow players to download add-ons that will be consistent without needing to check. But if, for example, a friend created a mod and there is a virus in it, we will not be able to help. There is therefore a risk that the player must take and remember.
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:26 am

nice to hear there going to be open to add ons this round unlike ffxiv and fxii that tos for addons such as windower

4 boxing now also starting 1 glad 4 thrm, then runing 1 over to be a conj at level 10ish
<<

WaitWhat

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:31 am

gnetcham wrote:nice to hear there going to be open to add ons this round unlike ffxiv and fxii that tos for addons such as windower

4 boxing now also starting 1 glad 4 thrm, then runing 1 over to be a conj at level 10ish

Am actually having issues with doing 1 melee and 4 ranged myself. also am wondering if it would be doable in 8 man dungeons. your thoughts on that?
<<

djein

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 am

lax wrote:Inner Space development build 5867 fixes the mouse input lag.

• Mouse clicks don't work in background instances (e.g. via broadcasting, or via Mapped Key, or via Video FX)
  • Modifiers sent as part of a Key Combination from a Keystroke Action require the Hold option in order to work correctly

Thanks guys

The input lag is still there. In fact its so bad i've resorted to controlling everything via the keyboard. Since the most drastic part of it seems to be in camera movments. The mouse clicks are not working in background instances. The hold for modifiers works fine. After these two small issues get remedied I think we'll have a perfect game to multibox. Thanks Lax for the hard work you put into isboxer! <3
Last edited by djein on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

WaitWhat

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 pm

djein wrote:
lax wrote:Inner Space development build 5867 fixes the mouse input lag.

Thanks guys

The input lag is still there. The mouse clicks are not working in background instances. The hold for modifiers works fine. After these two small issues get remedied I think we'll have a perfect game to multibox. Thanks Lax for the hard work you put into isboxer! <3

I can confirm this as well, dont know about the Hold Modifiers since am not sure what they are.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV