FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting "Unable to launch application..." on new PC.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jbtuxido

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am

Getting "Unable to launch application..." on new PC.

Hi,

I built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro.
Final Fantasy XIV is running fine when I launched it directly, but when I launched it thru ISBoxer I am getting the error:
"Unable to launch application. Launch using the ffxivboot.exe file"

I have ISBoxer and FFXIV working fine in two other computers without any issue. I have compared the configuration in InnerSpace and they look to be the same.
Below is what I see in the InnerSpace console when I launch FFXIV from ISBoxer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Successfully executed '"C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm
Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe"'.
Session name 'Final Fantasy XIV14112' accepted for process C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe
Session name 'Final Fantasy XIV5636' accepted for process C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV
A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivlauncher.exe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems the problem occurs when ffxivlauncher.exe is executed.

I tried to run the command:
'"C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe"
from the command line and it works fine.

I do not know what else to try to troubleshot this. As I have commented I have two other computers where it is working fine, the only difference is I am running Windows 10 Home in the ones it works and Windows 10 Pro in the one it does not work.
And of course another difference is this is a new install.

Any idea what could be wrong or what I can try?

Thanks in advance,
Jaime
<<

jbtuxido

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Getting "Unable to launch application..." on new PC.

Hi,

Just an update.
Finally I decided to reformat my harddrive and reinstall everything as I was unable to figure out what was wrong.
By reinstalling everything, ISBoxer is working fine with FFXIV now.
This time I followed a different install order, just after installing Windows 10 Pro, I installed FFXIV and then ISBoxer and I made sure ISBoxer was working fine with FFXIV.
So, this time, I installed ISBoxer before my Antivirus (Kaspersky). In the previous attempt I installed the antivirus as the first thing after Windows.
Another thing that is different, is that I installed ISBoxer in the default folder (same as in my other two computers), it was installed on another disk and different folder before when I could not make it work.

I am not sure what was the reason it did not work the first time, but I just wanted to point out what I did different this time.

Regards.
<<

Em802

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Hey I am getting the same issue. My friend said it was working on his end but with an older version then when he tried the newest version of ISboxer and inner space he had the same issue. It looks to me as the program loads it can load the FFXIVboot.exe but when it goes to load the ffxivlauncher.exe it has the error of "Unable to launch application. Launch using ffxivboot.exe file." So if there is anyone with a fix that would be great lol.
<<

Em802

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:04 pm

so i got it to work finally i used the older version of the innerspace but i am not sure on how to keep it from patching.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV