FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game Crashes with a (6d) error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Metra

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Game Crashes with a (6d) error

Hey all,

I setup a very generic one character setup to see if the ISBoxer is still working with FFXIV. It seems to crash the game when launching it with the below error:
"An unexpected error has occurred. Exiting Final Fantasy XIV.(6d)"

The game works normally when using the launcher.

This is the only line in the console:

Session name 'Final Fantasy XIV4852' accepted for process C:\Program Files
(x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv_dx11.exe

For the game config I have just have:
Name - Final Fantasy XIV
Game Executable - "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe"

Anyone have some clues?
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:40 am

Re: Game Crashes with a (6d) error

I am seeing this on two new machines that I installed the game and configured the same as my other machines that are working fine. I am debugging this issue now and will post an update as to the resolution unless someone beats me to it.
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:45 am

I found that the virtual file wasn't there on the two computers that was getting this error. I copied ffxiv.cfg to the virtual file name in the folder Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
I even re-exported to Innerspace on those computers and it still gave this (6d) error upon logging in. If I launch without using Innerspace the game works fine.
It's interesting that the game actually launches from Innerspace and appears it's going to work after logging in but after a few seconds gives the (6d) error instead of presenting the screen. That leads me to believe that it has something to do with the games configuration which would have meant the virtual file was not right.
My other machines are still working and I was intending to use eight computers for eight accounts but until this is resolved I'll just use less computers.
I'm still looking at it but not at a high priority as I have something that works temporarily.
<<

Metra

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Interesting, Going off what you were talking about I copied the default ffxiv.cfg to what it should be virtualized renamed to what my character would expect and its now booting.

Its like Inner space isn't actually copying that file for virtualization.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:03 pm

ISBoxer only copies the virtual files during the wizard, either Quick Setup or Virtual File Wizard, and only for known games. The expectation is when the game loads and cannot locate the file when it is redirected, that it will go "oh, its not there, let me create a new one".

Seeing as there is an issue with this process, it is likely a recentish game update has broken this. i.e. it is doing something a little different with the file handling, and thus no file is being created.
<<

Prepared

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:47 pm

bob wrote:ISBoxer only copies the virtual files during the wizard, either Quick Setup or Virtual File Wizard, and only for known games. The expectation is when the game loads and cannot locate the file when it is redirected, that it will go "oh, its not there, let me create a new one".

Seeing as there is an issue with this process, it is likely a recentish game update has broken this. i.e. it is doing something a little different with the file handling, and thus no file is being created.

This would explain why my new machines didn't work. I didn't use a wizard to set them up. I copied the character set in ISBoxer from another computer that worked and changed the names (machine and character) to the new ones and then copied and exported.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV