FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting "Unable to launch application..." on new PC.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jbtuxido

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am

Getting "Unable to launch application..." on new PC.

Hi,

I built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro.
Final Fantasy XIV is running fine when I launched it directly, but when I launched it thru ISBoxer I am getting the error:
"Unable to launch application. Launch using the ffxivboot.exe file"

I have ISBoxer and FFXIV working fine in two other computers without any issue. I have compared the configuration in InnerSpace and they look to be the same.
Below is what I see in the InnerSpace console when I launch FFXIV from ISBoxer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Successfully executed '"C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm
Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe"'.
Session name 'Final Fantasy XIV14112' accepted for process C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe
Session name 'Final Fantasy XIV5636' accepted for process C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV
A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivlauncher.exe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems the problem occurs when ffxivlauncher.exe is executed.

I tried to run the command:
'"C:\Apps\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe"
from the command line and it works fine.

I do not know what else to try to troubleshot this. As I have commented I have two other computers where it is working fine, the only difference is I am running Windows 10 Home in the ones it works and Windows 10 Pro in the one it does not work.
And of course another difference is this is a new install.

Any idea what could be wrong or what I can try?

Thanks in advance,
Jaime
<<

jbtuxido

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Getting "Unable to launch application..." on new PC.

Hi,

Just an update.
Finally I decided to reformat my harddrive and reinstall everything as I was unable to figure out what was wrong.
By reinstalling everything, ISBoxer is working fine with FFXIV now.
This time I followed a different install order, just after installing Windows 10 Pro, I installed FFXIV and then ISBoxer and I made sure ISBoxer was working fine with FFXIV.
So, this time, I installed ISBoxer before my Antivirus (Kaspersky). In the previous attempt I installed the antivirus as the first thing after Windows.
Another thing that is different, is that I installed ISBoxer in the default folder (same as in my other two computers), it was installed on another disk and different folder before when I could not make it work.

I am not sure what was the reason it did not work the first time, but I just wanted to point out what I did different this time.

Regards.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV