FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing not working as intended

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SeamusGotJ

Post Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:51 am

Multiboxing not working as intended

Hi

I have set up a team of three chars in EQ2 with the Wizard and the standard setup. It starts well an I could also login.

What works is the broadcast of the 1 - 0 Keys.
What doesn't work are the broadcast of the ALT and CTRL Keys. Also, the "Follow" command doesn't trigger the Macro on CTRL-1.

I attaced my config to this post an I hope someone could help me here...

Best regards, Seamus
Attachments
EQ2 Team 1.xml
(270.92 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
<<

mtndew

Post Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:57 am

Re: Multiboxing not working as intended

I have a similar issue, I'm using standard, standard alt and standard ctrl click bars. Keyboard pressing 1 thru = works on all toons, they all go to Hotbar 1. Mouse clicking those same keys on the standard click bar also works as intended on all toons.

However, when I keypress ALT or CTRL (+ 1 thru =), you can see the ALT or CTRL click bar light up in the correct position, but it activates the corresponding key on hotbar 1, the 1 thru = keys. Same with the following toons, it activates hotbar 1. And when I mouse click the ALT or CTRL click bar on the main character, the commands go to hotbar 1 (as if I was mouse clicking the standard click bar) on all characters, main and followers.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:19 pm

You may need to disable the new virtual input for EQ2.

See this post for how viewtopic.php?p=51838#p51838
<<

mtndew

Post Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:31 am

bob wrote:You may need to disable the new virtual input for EQ2.

See this post for how viewtopic.php?p=51838#p51838

This solved my problem, mostly, thank you. But now, all the key presses and mouse clicks thru the click bars work for a short time, and then stop. It seems to stop working randomly, but definitely when there's a change in targets or interaction. I found that if I turn broadcasting on, then off again, it gets everything working again.

Edit: I figured this out. Somehow, I believe my accountname_characters.ini files got confused with the same names on different servers when I created the character group in Isboxer. I remember a popup in isboxer come up when I created the group, and I just clicked yes without paying attention. It assigned characters from different servers. I deleted the group, and re-created it making sure everything matched. Looks like it fixed it!
<<

Harrow

Post Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:50 am

I'm having similar problem. After disabling New Virtual Input the correct keys were sent to all windows - CTRL in my case. But it stopped working after a few clicks...perhaps due to swapping windows?

Does anyone have an resolution please?

Return to EverQuest 2