FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Only one client launches

Moderator: MiRai

<<

johnthree16

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:26 am

Only one client launches

Hello Lax,

I've been multiboxing several MH clients fine now.

The game had a major 5 gig patch, with the previous bitraider client. The game then had issues, where many had black screens when logging in.

After this, they had a patch, that reverted this 5 gig patch. After this, I noticed, when trying to box, with IS, multiple clients would no longer launch.

Anyways, I uninstalled MH, and when I reinstalled it, I'm still having issues:

| 12:06:06 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'MH Max Team'
| 12:06:06 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 12:06:06 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'MH Max Team' are valid...
| 12:06:06 ISBoxer: Good!
| 12:06:06 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'MH Max Team' all slots...
| 12:06:06 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'mh1'
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Gazillion Entertainment\Marvel Heroes
Game\MarvelHeroesLauncher.exe"'.
| 12:09:06 ISBoxer: Character from Set 'MH Max Team' not fully launched after 3 minutes.
Select again to continue launching additional slots.
| 12:09:06 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.

Here's the diagnostic info:
http://pastebin.com/7K44ibpj

Additional Information:

- I didn't download any additional software, so there shouldn't be any software interfering with the second client being launched. So, the softwares that I'm running, are the exact same one active, when the multiple clients launched fine

- There were no hardware changes, from the time I was able to box, to when and after this issue arrived.

- After one client is launched, on screen, I don't see for example the isboxer FPS, slot name, etc. That would use to appear when launching a client through isboxer. I tried using 'shift + alt + ctrl + g' to toggle this, but it still doesn't display

- I tested this using a steam game (I believe I choose steam.exe for the client), and the isboxer FPS, slot name, etc will however still display. Btw, MH is available through steam, but I had issues, with having a second client being launched here. I tried it with another game, and it stated, the game is already launched, for the second character slot.

- If I reselect my character set, or specify a character slot, I'm still able to launch multiple instances of the game. However 1) The isboxer command controls, fps indicator, slot indicator, does not appear, and I'm unable to control all my characters. 2) Also the when the multiple clients are launched, it doesn't automatically adjust to the window layout setting, that I've selected in the settings. Also after having multiple instances of the game launched via this method, I then tried selecting my character set, in hopes that is, would recognize all launched instances, and then I would be able to control them all. This didn't work, and instead, another game client launched, and once again, the same error occurs, as stated above "...'MH Max Team' not fully launched after 3 minutes."

- MH recently changed clients, this week. From bitraider, to a new client, yesterday. So of course, it could be this new client.
<<

johnthree16

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:48 am

Re: Only one client launches

Tried your suggestion here:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4498

And only 1 client is still being launched, but I get a new info, in the console:

12:42:50 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'MH Max Team'
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'MH Max Team' are valid...
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Good!
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'MH Max Team' all slots...
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'mh1'
ccessfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Gazillion Entertainment\Marvel Heroes
me\MarvelHeroesLauncher.exe" -nobitraider -nosteam'.
12:42:50 ISBoxer: ... no more Slots to launch
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Character Set 'MH Max Team' launched
12:42:50 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.

So it's currently stating no more slots to launch, which is now different. Also I checked, in isboxer, that each of the 5 characters for my character set, has the correct new game, and game profile associated, which again, I'm using your suggestion here for this as well:

Also, although we do have a new client, I noticed this initial problem occur, after bit raider had a 5 gig patch, and then another patch to revert this change. After this I noticed, multiple clients were no longer launching. So although there's a new game client, this issue appeared to occur even before this.
<<

johnthree16

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Please ignore the second post.

I changed team size from 5 to 2, and testing another character set, which appears to be working. Using your suggestion here:

I'm still testing this, it appears to be working great so far.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 pm

After applying the suggested change, if it only launches one slot, try launching your team again and see if it continues launching them. There is a bug where sometimes it thinks there's no more slots to launch, if you interrupt a previous launch.

I've also updated for the new launcher in the development build of Inner Space; to try that out if you want (you don't have to if you're skipping the launcher), right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

johnthree16

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:22 pm

lax wrote:After applying the suggested change, if it only launches one slot, try launching your team again and see if it continues launching them. There is a bug where sometimes it thinks there's no more slots to launch, if you interrupt a previous launch.

I tried this and it works great now!

Here's a bit more info about this bug. I tried this suggestion, and not all clients launched. So I closed all clients, and re-selected, the character set, and still there was a single client not launching.

Restarting the computer, and then re-selecting the character set resolved this.

Anyways, thanks for the very quick and helpful reply!

I haven't yet tried, the development patch, but I can still box all my characters right now.

Return to Marvel Heroes