FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Marvel Heroes Omega

Moderator: MiRai

<<

woloss

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:50 am

Marvel Heroes Omega

I didn't play marvel heroes for a long time due to Diablo 3 and WoW multiboxing :)
So, recently I downloaded non steam version and I have some issues.
1st - no way to launch the game without launcher
2nd - some weird things with broadcasting (I tried a new Quick Wizard template and an old template from ISBoxer 40-41). So, 5 boxes launched, but I can't click anything in-game on 1-2 windows. One way to solve it, click on desktop, then click on game. This issue totally broke instant swap and no way to use browser and so, cause I'll need to do a trick.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Marvel Heroes Omega

woloss wrote:1st - no way to launch the game without launcher

When it's the way that a game is, then it's not really an issue, is it? Many games require the use of a launcher which cannot be gotten around. It's a bit slower to launch the Character Set, but it's just the way that it is.

woloss wrote:2nd - some weird things with broadcasting (I tried a new Quick Wizard template and an old template from ISBoxer 40-41). So, 5 boxes launched, but I can't click anything in-game on 1-2 windows. One way to solve it, click on desktop, then click on game. This issue totally broke instant swap and no way to use browser and so, cause I'll need to do a trick.

Have you tried changing display modes? Each game acts a little differently depending on the display mode that it's using.

Also, there's been a long-standing issue with Inner Space where you need to cycle through the game windows one time before swapping actually begins to work.
<<

woloss

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:30 pm

MiRai wrote:When it's the way that a game is, then it's not really an issue, is it? Many games require the use of a launcher which cannot be gotten around. It's a bit slower to launch the Character Set, but it's just the way that it is.

Yeah, I know, but I thought maybe there some new parameters to bypass launcher.
MiRai wrote:Have you tried changing display modes? Each game acts a little differently depending on the display mode that it's using.

Ok, I'll try. I tried just 2 of 3.
MiRai wrote:Also, there's been a long-standing issue with Inner Space where you need to cycle through the game windows one time before swapping actually begins to work.

I know about this, but there isn't that problem. I cycled all windows, and after sometime anyway some window won't receive broadcast.

UPD: I found an issue, when I released that there no option to set more than 1600p in-game, I changed some isboxer settings and disabled one of them - "Make game believe it is foreground window".
But, again, I need to hit 3-4 times in a row to Activate Maps or change window via CTRL+ALT+{slot}, or other Key Map from ISBoxer.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Apologies for getting back to this late, but I had to update the game which took quite some time.

[EDITED]

EDIT: However, on the flip side, I do have some good news: I figured out how to skip the launcher. This will be updated in a future patch of Inner Space, but, for now, you (and anyone else with an existing Marvel Heroes Game Profile prior to the future update) will have to edit your GameConfiguration.XML file directly. In the Marvel Heroes "Skip Launcher" profile, you will need to add -solidstate as a parameter, and this will allow you to skip the launcher.
<<

woloss

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:05 pm

MiRai wrote:EDIT: However, on the flip side, I do have some good news: I figured out how to skip the launcher. This will be updated in a future patch of Inner Space, but, for now, you (and anyone else with an existing Marvel Heroes Game Profile prior to the future update) will have to edit your GameConfiguration.XML file directly. In the Marvel Heroes "Skip Launcher" profile, you will need to add -solidstate as a parameter, and this will allow you to skip the launcher.

Yeah, thank you. I don't know why, but my GameDetection have an old directory "\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win32\MarvelGame.exe", well, Skip Launcher Profile forwards to Launcher. If someone have the same issue, change directory to "Marvel Heroes\Unrealengine3\Binaries\Win64\MarvelHeroesOmega.exe". Also, this parameters saves me more time at laucnh "-nosteam -nobitraider -solidstate -nostartupmovies -noubitus".
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:09 pm

I've retracted my statement above about being able to reproduce the issue with clicking. After skipping the launcher and ensuring that my resolution matched Region 1 of my Window Layout, as well as set the display mode to Fullscreen (Windowed), I have not had any issues with clicking anywhere after several launches, re-launches while running, or refreshes from exporting from ISBoxer while already running.

If you're still experiencing issues, then I'd suggest double checking both the in-game resolution, and the display mode on all of your game clients that are currently running (settings are saved for each ISBoxer character).

The only issue I'm experiencing is that it sometimes takes two presses of my slot-swap Hotkey in order to swap between game clients, but I can no longer reproduce any abnormalities with clicking or repeating the mouse cursor.
<<

woloss

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Seems much better without launcher.
MiRai wrote:The only issue I'm experiencing is that it sometimes takes two presses of my slot-swap Hotkey in order to swap between game clients

And yes, just two presses to use key maps now or press modifiers first then wait a bit until press Keys. I will try to use just simple keys such as "M", "Num1", or whatever without modifiers, I guess that will solve this problem.

Ah, no, I'm wrong, still some problems. Issue with stucking keys. For example, I pressed "Left Shift", I unpressed it and everyone except main don't want to move, until I'll press and unpress "LeftShift" again. Also, I'm using "W" for walking, so, sometimes some chars (last time 3 of 5) started to walk and the others (2 of 5) stayed out until I repressed key.

Return to Marvel Heroes