FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Neverwinter not staying in windowed mode

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wartooth

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Neverwinter not staying in windowed mode

Anyone know if there is an executable switch or anything to force NW to stay in windowed mode? It seems to revert back to fullscreen on its own and this throws everything off on the screens by a bit making it tough to click on stuff etc.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Neverwinter not staying in windowed mode

From what I remember I ran each one full screen and ISBoxer put each into it's own window.
<<

wartooth

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey doze, yea thats what I am expecting but if its set to fullscreen (I am running stacked on one display leave room for taskbar) it still starts up from isboxer in fullscreen, covers the taskbar but acts like it is avoiding it from a mouse placement perspective. If that makes sense. I will keep looking around. If I set it windowed maximized or windowed in each game client it is fine until I run again then it goes back to fullscreen with the mouse not aligned. Like if I want to click on a box I have to mouse under it, not on it for it to highlight.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:35 pm

wartooth wrote:Hey doze, yea thats what I am expecting but if its set to fullscreen (I am running stacked on one display leave room for taskbar) it still starts up from isboxer in fullscreen, covers the taskbar but acts like it is avoiding it from a mouse placement perspective. If that makes sense. I will keep looking around. If I set it windowed maximized or windowed in each game client it is fine until I run again then it goes back to fullscreen with the mouse not aligned. Like if I want to click on a box I have to mouse under it, not on it for it to highlight.
I think I am following your situation better. I typically run on my external monitor with all the screens stacked and then leverage the NeverBoxer config to see the background windows on the edges of my ForeGround window via VFX.

When I lauch the client (it is patching now) and click on the options the following stand out to me:

- my Options>Game>Full Screen checkbox is unchecked;
- my Options>Game>Command Line has the entry: '/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt';

Check those and see what they are set to. When it finishes patching and I have time I will try to launch the game and see what else I can see. Heads up that my IPS's signal to my router is weak and I am losing internet access intermittently and earliest I could get a support tech scheduled to come out here till was Friday so my ability to test/connect may be limited (plus I am really busy at work right now)...
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:12 pm

nodoze wrote:
wartooth wrote:Hey doze, yea thats what I am expecting but if its set to fullscreen (I am running stacked on one display leave room for taskbar) it still starts up from isboxer in fullscreen, covers the taskbar but acts like it is avoiding it from a mouse placement perspective. If that makes sense. I will keep looking around. If I set it windowed maximized or windowed in each game client it is fine until I run again then it goes back to fullscreen with the mouse not aligned. Like if I want to click on a box I have to mouse under it, not on it for it to highlight.
I think I am following your situation better. I typically run on my external monitor with all the screens stacked and then leverage the NeverBoxer config to see the background windows on the edges of my ForeGround window via VFX.

When I lauch the client (it is patching now) and click on the options the following stand out to me:

- my Options>Game>Full Screen checkbox is unchecked;
- my Options>Game>Command Line has the entry: '/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt';

Check those and see what they are set to. When it finishes patching and I have time I will try to launch the game and see what else I can see. Heads up that my IPS's signal to my router is weak and I am losing internet access intermittently and earliest I could get a support tech scheduled to come out here till was Friday so my ability to test/connect may be limited (plus I am really busy at work right now)...
Did you get a chance to check those settings?

I may have replicated your issue. I loaded the my original config I used to level my duo from 1->60 during the beta before NeverBoxer was developed and I am seeing a similar offset on the mouse that I haven't seen before. I have been playing DDO instead of Neverwinter so I don't know when this was induced but in my duo setup I have the two clients at the bottom on a window swapping to a main window in front and I have to move my mouse below the buttons to click on them and the distance seems about the same as the size of my small windows at the bottom...

Return to Neverwinter