FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Couple of NeverBoxer questions.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

coplayer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Couple of NeverBoxer questions.

Hi everyone,

Had a couple of questions now that everything is mostly working.

1. I have a GF, 3 CW and 1 DC. If I hit F1 the GF and 3 CW fire off their Q spell. The DC does not cast his Q spell which is an AOE heal. Is there a way to make him cast his Q spell when I hit F1? If not, how can you make him cast his Q spell? I tried all the buttons and nothing.

2. I still can't get the CW followers to use their E or R spell. Not sure if I need to make some changes or not. They fire off Q when I hit F1. They do nothing when I hit F2 or F3 or Shift F2 or Shift F3. Should they? How can I make them fire of their E and R spells?

3. What is the easiest way to make DC target me the GF and cast E (the HOT spell)? I can't seem to get this to work.

4. Is there a round robin for the TAB key? The CW have a great pushback that would work really well against Hexers if I could do it round robin style. I don't see any TAB activation key.

Thanks in advance for the help.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Re: Couple of NeverBoxer questions.

coplayer wrote:Hi everyone,

1. I have a GF, 3 CW and 1 DC. If I hit F1 the GF and 3 CW fire off their Q spell. The DC does not cast his Q spell which is an AOE heal. Is there a way to make him cast his Q spell when I hit F1? If not, how can you make him cast his Q spell? I tried all the buttons and nothing.

... Thanks in advance for the help.

Regarding question 1), if you go into ISBoxer in the top left window and Navigate to ISBoxer + Key Maps + Combat you will get a list of the combat Key Binds and the HotKey that initiates the bind is listed in parenthesis like (Hotkey F1).

- F1 should be bound to 'Full DPS Salvo MINI BOSS KILLER' which if you open it up and click on the steps you will see it should be sending the following commands to the following groups:
--- Guardian Fighters should receive a Q in a round-robin which if you only have one means he should get a Q every-time you press F1;
--- Trickster Rogues should receive a Q in a round-robin which if you don't have any should be ignored every-time you press F1;
--- Control Wizards should receive a Q every-time you press F1;
--- Devoted Clerics should receive a R every-time you press F1;

First I would try moving your Sun Burst AoE from Q to R and see if your DC starts firing it consistently. If not, then check and make sure the slot your DC is in is 'Action Target Group' Devoted Cleric. Details on that are in Part 5 of the setup docs.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:37 pm

... 2. I still can't get the CW followers to use their E or R spell. Not sure if I need to make some changes or not. They fire off Q when I hit F1. They do nothing when I hit F2 or F3 or Shift F2 or Shift F3. Should they? How can I make them fire of their E and R spells?

Regarding question 2), if you go into ISBoxer in the top left window and Navigate to ISBoxer + Key Maps + Combat you will get a list of the combat Key Binds and the HotKey that initiates the bind is listed in parenthesis like (Hotkey F1).

Opening the keybinds I see the following:

- Shift+F3 is bound to 'Single CC Round-Robin' which sends R to the Wizards in a Round-Robbin manner;
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 pm

coplayer wrote:Hi everyone, Had a couple of questions now that everything is mostly working. ...

3. What is the easiest way to make DC target me the GF and cast E (the HOT spell)? I can't seem to get this to work. ... Thanks in advance for the help.
Regarding question 3), if you go into ISBoxer in the top left window and Navigate to ISBoxer + Key Maps + Non-Combat you will get a list of the non-combat Key Binds and the HotKey that initiates the bind is listed in parenthesis like (Hotkey F1).

Assuming your GF is in Slot 1 you DC should cast your E to heal:

- Hotkey: Shift+6: Direct Heal SLOT1: Has the DC's cast E on slot 1 via Round-Robin (which means everytime in your case);

On a related note you can do direct heals on all your characters by slots as follows:

- Hotkey: Shift+6: Direct Heal SLOT1;
- Hotkey: Shift+7: Direct Heal SLOT2;
- Hotkey: Shift+8: Direct Heal SLOT3;
- Hotkey: Shift+9: Direct Heal SLOT4;
- Hotkey: Shift+0: Direct Heal SLOT5;
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:27 pm

coplayer wrote:Hi everyone, Had a couple of questions now that everything is mostly working. ...

4. Is there a round robin for the TAB key? The CW have a great pushback that would work really well against Hexers if I could do it round robin style. I don't see any TAB activation key.

This one was a little harder as I didn't find a direct match. The closest I could find was under ISBoxer+Key Maps+Combat and is named 'SLOT2 Power Key (Divinity, etc)' (Hotkey: Caps Locks).

If you also can't find a direct key map, what I would do is:

- Right click on ''SLOT2 Power Key (Divinity, etc)'' and select "Make Copy";

- At the bottom of the key maps you should see a new one named 'Copy of SLOT2 Power Key (Divinity, etc)'. Right-Click on it and select Rename (or press F2) and rename it to something like 'Send Tab to Control Wizards';

You will then need to unbind it from Caps Lock (unless you want it to do both) and pick a key or combo of keys to bind it to. Under the topic 'http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400' and study 'Part 3 - Keyboard Controls & Map' you should see a graphical depiction of all the key-binds and there is a listing of them as well. If you can't find an available key combo you can decide on one to remap...

After you have a keybound you can then expand the new Key Map and under Advanced > Steps change Target from 'Group (all of) Devoted Cleric' to 'Group (all of) Control Wizard';

If you don't want all the Control Wizards to do their Tab ability at the same time I would then check the box to "Round-Robin within selected Target" to have the Control Wizards take turns...

You will then need to do File > Export all to Inner Space to try out your new keybind.

If you have made it this far and this is your first time copying a keybind, congratz on making your first keybind !
Last edited by nodoze on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Sorry if the multiple replies is confusing... I purposely tried to take them one by one and give you the steps to open up and look under the covers some. My hope was to not only answer your questions but to give you a chance to see the wizard behind the curtain...

Now that the kimono is open you do have the opportunity to adjust your config to your own making... I think that is a good way to learn but do realize that you can break things and may need to reload from scratch at some point. As a tester/user of v0.3, v0.6, v0.8, v0.9, v0.9a, v1.0, v1.1, & v1.1a I can tell you from experience that the other downside is that the more you deviate from the standard keybinds the more pain you will have upgrading to never versions of NeverBoxer...

My recommendation is to save often and to use versions and add an description of what you changed at the end...

As an example, for version 1.1, currently my save files look like:

-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v01_begin.xml;
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v02_starting_config.xml;
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v03_ending_config_just_renamed_and_adjusted_existing_characters.xml
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v04_FPS.xml; (change recommended to Sylver and ported to 1.1a);
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v05_on_change_window_do_ws_vs_ww.xml (change recommended to Sylver and ported to 1.1a);
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v06_on_change_window_do_no_ws_nor_ww.xml
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v07_added_encounter_abilities.xml;
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v08_modified_spread.xml
-NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v09_DDO_launch.xml (added the DDO game so that I don't have to switch between ISBoxer configs and can launch both games from InnerSpace);

etc...

I think I am now on my version 21 of v1.1 and I have not upgraded to v1.1a because the changes/fixes in 1.1a that weren't recommended by me aren't worth the pain for me to migrate my 21 changes...

Best of luck. ISBoxer is really cool and NeverBoxer is a great config.
<<

coplayer

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks for the excellent responses. Makes perfect sense.

I was seeing things a little differently. I didn't realize each power had to be coded in. I thought if you pressed "Q" than every "Q" would be pressed no matter what was in it.

This doesn't look too bad at all. I appreciate the detailed information. I'll give it a shot after work and let you know how it turned out.

Thanks again.

By the way, any classes that can "sheep" or stun targets for more than a few seconds? Fighting Hexers with additional mobs during a final dungeon boss fight is a little challenging when you're 4 levels below the mobs! :)
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:42 pm

coplayer wrote:Thanks for the excellent responses. Makes perfect sense.

I was seeing things a little differently. I didn't realize each power had to be coded in. I thought if you pressed "Q" than every "Q" would be pressed no matter what was in it.

This doesn't look too bad at all. I appreciate the detailed information. I'll give it a shot after work and let you know how it turned out.

Thanks again.

By the way, any classes that can "sheep" or stun targets for more than a few seconds? Fighting Hexers with additional mobs during a final dungeon boss fight is a little challenging when you're 4 levels below the mobs! :)
I don't remember seeing anything that locks down a non-red-named mob for very long but then again I am not an expert on Rogues nor Wizards (yet). There may be something like sap that dazes for a long time but I suspect it will wear off if you do damage and there are too many AoEs to rely on that (especially if it has a long cooldown)...

If you read Biggcarl's responses he speaks to how he continually CC'ed the adds in boss fights by "chain casting Arcane Singularity while the the rest of the group just kills the bosses". I am not sure his exact build but I imagine it is a high AP generation build that quickly recharges his Daily Arcane Singularity to cast regularly to keep the Adds CC'ed. That is similar to they wan my Cleric is build which can cast her Daily frequently though the new patch's changes to sun burst makes that harder now... More details on Biggcarl's persistent CC approach:

viewtopic.php?p=20025#p20025

Unfortunately I leveled my first team to 60 before NeverBoxer was developed and before we knew how to ratchet down the background settings and before ISBoxer allowed setting FPS minimums below 10 fps so I really couldn't run more than 2 clients at once with decent frame rates in the Foreground window. In that time I did a duo of a GF+DC and got them to 60 and those are still my only level 60 characters so I can't speak to Rogues & Wizards very much... Now that ISBoxer can set background FPS below 10 & Neverboxer is out of Beta I have a newer 5man team of 2 CWs & 3 DCs that I have leveled to 30 but haven't really mastered CW & my Rogue, while 40, is only 40 due to Invocation & Leadership Profession Tasks giving XP... Sorry I can't give you more input on this topic at this time...

Return to Neverwinter