FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Biggcarl

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Sylver wrote:Did Idris tonight - was tough but totally doable now with the new system... I've found that switching characters mid-fight has turned out to be a game-changer as well. Tank, then some quick heals, then CC from the CW. Sure, most of it can be controlled from anywhere, but once you get used to the swapping, you can do some cool fun stuff. :D

ya i did lair of the mad dragon on normal with my 60s but i was running my lvl 30 GWF through and it was pretty cool i played the tank on that i put the GWF and TR behind the boss and the DC's just out side his aoe range so they dropped AS and itw as on the melee dps and them selves and i just used fighters recovery and block on the tank. So i can pick up the adds and aoe them down with the CW and GWF. it worked out good i def can see different fights needing different characters in lead. Now when i switch characters the video feed of everything goes away. So i dont have Tab skill monitors or video feeds from each character is that normal?
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Biggcarl wrote:
Sylver wrote:Did Idris tonight - was tough but totally doable now with the new system... I've found that switching characters mid-fight has turned out to be a game-changer as well. Tank, then some quick heals, then CC from the CW. Sure, most of it can be controlled from anywhere, but once you get used to the swapping, you can do some cool fun stuff. :D

ya i did lair of the mad dragon on normal with my 60s but i was running my lvl 30 GWF through and it was pretty cool i played the tank on that i put the GWF and TR behind the boss and the DC's just out side his aoe range so they dropped AS and itw as on the melee dps and them selves and i just used fighters recovery and block on the tank. So i can pick up the adds and aoe them down with the CW and GWF. it worked out good i def can see different fights needing different characters in lead. Now when i switch characters the video feed of everything goes away. So i dont have Tab skill monitors or video feeds from each character is that normal?
Answering multiple posts at once.

I don't think my binds are auto-loading. I am pretty sure that I checked that after the v1.1 install and they were blank and then I manually loaded them (used to it).

I think when I switch windows the 4 windows are still there though not the meters from the other windows and I was pretty sure that was by design that only the first window got the meter(s) from the other windows. When moving the upper window down to show the FPS meter it looked that way to me but right now I don't have the code handy to check... Once I get to where I can open the code I can check for sure but Sylver can likely answer from memory.

The above being said Sylver may decide to change that if he also likes switching so much.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:25 pm

nodoze wrote:I think when I switch windows the 4 windows are still there though not the meters from the other windows and I was pretty sure that was by design that only the first window got the meter(s) from the other windows. When moving the upper window down to show the FPS meter it looked that way to me but right now I don't have the code handy to check... Once I get to where I can open the code I can check for sure but Sylver can likely answer from memory.

The above being said Sylver may decide to change that if he also likes switching so much.

It is planned, but I was pressed trying to get 1.0 out by he 1st that I left the meters on screen 1 only. I'll get it next update - likely over the weekend.

The auto-loading binds is somehow related to character sets. I'm thinking the problem arises when there is more than 1 set, but I really need to test more to be certain of just what exactly is/is'nt happenng... :x
- Sylver
<<

HammerFour

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:28 pm

I can't seem to get this working, is the isboxer-binds.txt file supposed to be zero bytes? I try doing a clear and rebind via the hotkey and the neverboxer buttons but still can't get invites, or follows (or anything else) to work.

I swear I followed the config guide step by step...multiple times.

Any ideas?
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:08 pm

HammerFour wrote:I can't seem to get this working, is the isboxer-binds.txt file supposed to be zero bytes? I try doing a clear and rebind via the hotkey and the neverboxer buttons but still can't get invites, or follows (or anything else) to work.

I swear I followed the config guide step by step...multiple times.

Any ideas?

Yes, the isboxer-binds.txt file is 0 bytes ... confusing, I understand, but correct. The actual binds are in the bind files with your characterset-character names in them and ending in ".txt". If your binds are not automatically loading, then you will need to manually use the /bind_load_file command in-game to load binds for each character. There is an ISBoxer/Neverwinter issue where the binds are loading for some people, not for others (I mention it right at the beginning of the guide and also where you download the config). Unfortunately, many people are still trying to figure out exactly why it happens. I plan on experimenting this weekend to find a work-around.

Once you load in your binds that way, everything will start to come to life.

Hope that helps!
- Sylver
<<

HammerFour

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks for the response - I was going to try the / commands, but I can't seem to type an underscore....(I'm sure this has an obvious answer, but I can't seem to discover it, haha.)
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm

HammerFour wrote:Thanks for the response - I was going to try the / commands, but I can't seem to type an underscore....(I'm sure this has an obvious answer, but I can't seem to discover it, haha.)
You may need to do Cntrl-Shift-M to turn off the key maps when trying to type some things. After you load the binds or do what every you were doing Cntrl-Shift-M will turn them back on. In the Keyboard Controls & Map picture that command is listed to "toggle chat mode" but I usually use it to re-login when I change to other accounts in a given client (or was AFK and got timed out).
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Hammer wrote that he got it working - apparently needed to update ISBoxer. So good news is we've got another Neverwinter multi-boxer up and running. :D
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:45 am

Just trying out the neverboxer now. It is a funny name. The first time I read it I thought people were being sarcastic about neverwinter and its ability to multibox.

Man has some work gone into this. Cudos to you mr creator!

Still wrapping my head around it all. The VFX stuff totally bunged up my screen so for now it stays off. Not sure I want it long term anyway since I have two monitors and prefer my Rift set up. Many fun hours ahead tweaking and modifying!

Anyways.

I made myself a printer friendly version of the keymap for those that want it...
This one won't cost $100 in toner to print. :lol:

I had to bust out my super-zen master 10th dan MS Paint skills to touch up the invisible parts. :ugeek:

I can see it will be sitting above my keyboard for some time...

printerfriendly.jpg
My 3133+ MS Paint skillz are unmatched!
printerfriendly.jpg (412.97 KiB) Viewed 13156 times
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Mrmagoo,

Thanks for posting your toner-friendly version of the keyboard map. I'm certain many will find it very useful!

Also appreciate the kind words - it was quite a bit of work, but seeing how it has made multi-boxing this game in epic dungeons plausible for so many people makes it all worthwhile. :D

I never (lol) thought about the name NeverBoxer in that sense - pretty funny :lol: I do think in the beginning that it almost seemed that way.

Thanks again for posting and I wish you success NeverBoxing!
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter