FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Biggcarl wrote:the whole idea behind this thing is a huge undertaking and i think will eventually make multiboxing instances easier. Soon at he gets melee working fights will be good. The Tr build i run now is crazy damage so its nice for burning bosses down. i would really love to have 2 CWs 1 TR 1 GF 1 DC but considering how much aoe there is to avoid it would take alot of practice. The way ive done multiboxing instances in the past was setting a rotation up for each action target group and no matter what keys i press on the main they followed these rotation. Being neverwinter is action based combat it makes that kinda hard. Though my mage pretty much has a rotation he follows to CC adds proper.

Entangling force in tab(generates a metric ton of AP) - Icy terrain - prep Shield - Arcane singularity - Steal time - pop shield - Arcane Singularity - Icy terrain - EF - Prep Shield - PoP shield - Steal time. then start over. Pretty much keeps the mobs 100% CCed.
Your CC approach may be the best solution to the Adds that were decimating everyone else. The key may be that your CW is your main so you have run him a bunch as your only character in 5mans and know how to do CC well and have your CW well geared (most of us barely break 10K let alone 12K+) and we think in terms that we know/play (many of us are GFs & DCs)... Both Lesmartes approach & my thoughts through now was heavy on the healing with a GF & at least 2 DCs but even up to 4 DCs for slow DPS but the ability to tank/heal through everything (as long as the boss doesn't have self healing). I have a GF & DC at the level 60 cap so they are the only classes I have played in Epic 5mans and currently am leveling a 5man group of CWx2+DCx3 to mix and match with my existing GF+DC duo. The combos I hoped to try are as follows:

- GF+DCx4 (with 3-5 epic tank Defender pets) to see if we could just tank and heal though everything with no need to move (may or may not work);

If that works I planned on then mixing in more DPS as follows:

- GF+DCx3+CW (and if that was still enough healing then I would try);
- GF+DCx2+CWx2;

My gut has been that we need at least 2 DCs and that Melee should be avoided (except a single GF Tank) since CWs do such high DPS at range I figured they would be better than TRs because they aren't melee and can stay back near the DCs avoiding damage and doing CC as needed.

I may still try the slow steady approach but am glad that I have 2 CWs on the way with my remaining 3 DCs to give me various combos to try. After reading your posts I may then try to just play one of my CW's at cap in 5mans with my guild to get a better feel for the CW class and maybe go the CC route like you did.

Thanks again for sharing. Very heartening that we have at least 2 different Epic 5man instances cleared thus far with 2 different strategies.

Have you ever considered doing videos of your boss runs (via Fraps, etc) ?
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Biggcarl wrote:the whole idea behind this thing is a huge undertaking and i think will eventually make multiboxing instances easier. Soon at he gets melee working fights will be good. The Tr build i run now is crazy damage so its nice for burning bosses down. i would really love to have 2 CWs 1 TR 1 GF 1 DC but considering how much aoe there is to avoid it would take alot of practice. The way ive done multiboxing instances in the past was setting a rotation up for each action target group and no matter what keys i press on the main they followed these rotation. Being neverwinter is action based combat it makes that kinda hard. Though my mage pretty much has a rotation he follows to CC adds proper.

Entangling force in tab(generates a metric ton of AP) - Icy terrain - prep Shield - Arcane singularity - Steal time - pop shield - Arcane Singularity - Icy terrain - EF - Prep Shield - PoP shield - Steal time. then start over. Pretty much keeps the mobs 100% CCed.

Melee is in 1.0 - just put them in a Fire-Team and spam their attacks (hold mouse button) and they auto-close in on the enemy. Then you can issue that fireteam whatever attacks you build into your F-keys for melee combos. I've tested it on my GF and he runs right in there and hacks away at stuff. =)

Working hard on the guide right now - hope to finish it up this afternoon and get you guys the build late tonite or tomorrow latest. Depends on how soon the baby gets to sleep tonight. :D
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Sylver wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:the whole idea behind this thing is a huge undertaking and i think will eventually make multiboxing instances easier. Soon at he gets melee working fights will be good. ...

Melee is in 1.0 - just put them in a Fire-Team and spam their attacks (hold mouse button) and they auto-close in on the enemy. Then you can issue that fireteam whatever attacks you build into your F-keys for melee combos. I've tested it on my GF and he runs right in there and hacks away at stuff. =)

Working hard on the guide right now - hope to finish it up this afternoon and get you guys the build late tonite or tomorrow latest. Depends on how soon the baby gets to sleep tonight. :D
Looking forward to it.

Thanks for your service to our Neverwinter ISBoxer community and to our Country.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 pm

nodoze wrote:

Your CC approach may be the best solution to the Adds that were decimating everyone else. The key may be that your CW is your main so you have run him a bunch as your only character in 5mans and know how to do CC well and have your CW well geared (most of us barely break 10K let alone 12K+) and we think in terms that we know/play (many of us are GFs & DCs)... Both Lesmartes approach & my thoughts through now was heavy on the healing with a GF & at least 2 DCs but even up to 4 DCs for slow DPS but the ability to tank/heal through everything (as long as the boss doesn't have self healing). I have a GF & DC at the level 60 cap so they are the only classes I have played in Epic 5mans and currently am leveling a 5man group of CWx2+DCx3 to mix and match with my existing GF+DC duo. The combos I hoped to try are as follows:

- GF+DCx4 (with 3-5 epic tank Defender pets) to see if we could just tank and heal though everything with no need to move (may or may not work);

If that works I planned on then mixing in more DPS as follows:

- GF+DCx3+CW (and if that was still enough healing then I would try);
- GF+DCx2+CWx2;

My gut has been that we need at least 2 DCs and that Melee should be avoided (except a single GF Tank) since CWs do such high DPS at range I figured they would be better than TRs because they aren't melee and can stay back near the DCs avoiding damage and doing CC as needed.

I may still try the slow steady approach but am glad that I have 2 CWs on the way with my remaining 3 DCs to give me various combos to try. After reading your posts I may then try to just play one of my CW's at cap in 5mans with my guild to get a better feel for the CW class and maybe go the CC route like you did.

Thanks again for sharing. Very heartening that we have at least 2 different Epic 5man instances cleared thus far with 2 different strategies.

Have you ever considered doing videos of your boss runs (via Fraps, etc) ?

ya what i acutally did in my other group was just play the CW in the end and just had the melee do a follow target command on what ever they where attacking as long as the Astral shields where down the TR didnt die. Duelist flury is a very good at will that hte 3rd attack is similar to Bloodbath you go untargetable and do a small series of attacks. So alot of time aoe misses the TR cause of this.

what im looking forward to on this bot is the divinity monitor im hoping that we can add others so i can monitor divinity for both clerics and stealth for the rogue
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Sylver wrote:

quick tip little bit of whiskey in the bottle baby will sleep through the night!!! lol
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:37 am

Ok, it's up! Please see Part 5 of the guide for the installation instructions. It is more involved than the beta versions, but far more capable with what it can do. Just switching characters on-the-fly plus Fire-Teams makes it more interesting to play with.

Since it's a brand new guide and install, please post any feedback so that I can make any quick fixes or changes if necessary.

Good luck and enjoy!
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:17 am

Thanks again for all the hard work ! Worst case I hope to be able to try it this weekend.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 am

doing the set up now!
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:44 pm

ARRRRRGGGG. I had finished typing of a ton of good feedback & comments and when I submitted I lost them... ARRRRGGGG.

Time for the short version... Sorry but I think I forgot multiple ideas/feedback already when re-typing this (I am tired)...

- I like very much the new VFX windows in each window & the glow icon showing you which window you were in. This is valuable when you switch windows and now all of them seem pretty much as functional as the main window!

- I think the performance now with the rendering trick is comparable to when I was running 1280x768 client resolutions in 1900x1200 ISBoxer game windows; This is better because now all the icons and such are right sized for each window and all the windows are usable when you move to them (still less quality graphics but same resolution);

- Personally I really like seeing the ISBoxer FPS indicator on the Forground window (really any window that I am in) so I can see what is going on. I respectfully recommend you try it with the upper right hand window moved down to 0,20 & the size set at 300x380 and see what you think. To me I barely notice a difference in the 4 client windows and seeing the FPS is invaluable (I already did that on all my windows). If you try it and don't like it and don't want to put it in v1.0a then consider putting the instructions in one of the optional sections as I suspect multiple ISBoxer Veterans like seeing that FPS indicator (and are used to it being where it is).

- I had to break out the programming on my G700 to get button 3, 4, & 5 programmed but all good now if I need those. Some folk may prefer simple 2 button mice but they are either going to need to adapt.

When hitting my newly programmed MouseButton3 I now see a message like "FireTeam3 - ALL - Auto-Targeting Mode" but none of my slaves are attacking? I manually loaded the binds per client (& verified them with /bind_save_file commands and the resulting text files were not empty).

Any thoughts on how to fix to where the slaves attack my target?
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks for highlighting some of those new features and what they bring to gameplay and functionality in the new NeverBoxer.

I owe everyone an updated download, which I will put up tonight. Since everyone was so patient, I will include Biggcarls TR kaymaps, move the windows down 20 pixels for the fps indicators, fix the typo in the clickbar name (oops) and most importantly, start writng the Play-guide for NeverBoxer 1.0.

There are many ways that the new targeting and Fire-teams can help you shape the combat n Neverwinter that wasn't with previous versions. But I need to explain them with examples - so look for more on that this weekend.

For those who don't know - some people are having to manually load binds to get their config to work (following, targeting, etc). I, for some reason, never encountered this and my binds always aut-loaded into Neverwinter. The issue with binds appears to be an undetermined ISBoxer character/character set bug. I'll be working with Lax in the next few days to finally narrow down the culprit. Until then, we will have to manually load binds in for those affected characters.

Glad to see the performance gains are working well and that will improve in the upcomg versions as I begin to implement some more ideas.

Enjoy and make sure to let me know if anyone finds any new issues!
Last edited by Sylver on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter