FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New in ISBoxer 41.3.0530.1: Cryptic Studios Game Helper!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 pm

New in ISBoxer 41.3.0530.1: Cryptic Studios Game Helper!

Yes! You did read that right.

ISBoxer 41.3.0530.1 has a new feature to help you with your Neverwinter (and Star Trek Online and Champions Online) multiboxing macros. To get this version, go in ISBoxer to the Help menu and select About ISBoxer, then click the Update link it provides!

The Quick Setup Wizard automatically generates some useful macros for STO and CO, but not yet for Neverwinter. But the good news is, now you can have ISBoxer generate your macros for you, with your Character names built into them, even if you're on a different Character Set. You will just Export to Inner Space to generate the binds files, and then in all windows (you can do this with Broadcasting Mode), enter /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt -- Do that when you log in to your team. ISBoxer automatically virtualizes the file and generates a different one for each Character Set and Character combination, so you don't have to do any thinking in order to use different macros on different characters, just do what I said.

So, how to configure macros. In the Cryptic Studios game helper (select it under Game Helpers in the top left pane), you'll have no Macro Sets by default for Neverwinter. Right click "Macro Sets" and select "New Macro Set". Then rename the Macro Set because you don't want it literally named "New Macro Set". You can name it "Neverwinter" if you're not feeling creative. Once you have your Macro Set, assign it to entire Character Sets or individual Characters, by highlighting on the right. If you highlight a Character Set it applies to the WHOLE SET, so you don't need to select an individual character if you selected the set he's in.

After you have your Macro Set, right click it and select "New Cryptic Macro". On the right you now have a Commands box, and Key Combination. You can use the same Variables and Conditions provided for use for WoW Macros (see WoW Macro: Dynamic macros, so for example to invite your entire team:
Code:
!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") invite {SLOT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") invite {SLOT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") invite {SLOT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") invite {SLOT5}
!if ("slot 6" and character is not "slot 6") invite {SLOT6}
!if ("slot 7" and character is not "slot 7") invite {SLOT7}
!if ("slot 8" and character is not "slot 8") invite {SLOT8}
!if ("slot 9" and character is not "slot 9") invite {SLOT9}
!if ("slot 10" and character is not "slot 10") invite {SLOT10}

-- this is exactly what is in the box for CO and STO's Invite macro. The !if part checks if a particular slot exists in your Character Set, and that the Character the macro is being created for is not the one in that slot, and then if it matches it adds the stuff to the right -- invite {SLOT1}. The {SLOT1} gets filled in with the Character's "Actual name" field -- so you would go to each of your Characters in the top left pane, and make sure its "Actual name" is something that works in /invite <whoever> in the game.

The Preview tab shows you exactly what the macro will resolve to for the bind file. So for my CO team I click Preview and select the first Character in my team to preview, and it shows me "invite joe2$$invite joe3". So as you can see, the split lines automatically get put together and chained with $$ for the Cryptic macro system.

Then you just need to make sure you assign the Key Combination to the macro. This example from the Quick Setup WIzard defaults to Alt+I. You might use a different one. Of note, ISBoxer allows you to select a wider range of Key Combinations than Cryptic's binding system allows -- you can only use ONE modifier for Cryptic binds.

To set up a simple binding is even easier, don't let this dynamic stuff confuse you:

To copy someone else's setup from the forums, for example http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17785#p17785
To get F6 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ Target Tank" (where Tank is your character name) you would set Key Combination to F6, and the commands to
Code:
HardTargetLock 1
Target {SLOT1}

To get F7 "Follow" (just follow the target), you would set Key Combination to F7, and the command box to just "Follow"
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Re: New in ISBoxer 41.3.0530.1: Cryptic Studios Game Helper!

Well this is awesome!
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Thank you for your work !
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm

looking awesome bro thanks lax you da man!

what would i put to make the follow and assist. I want them all to follow slot 1 and assist slot 1
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Digitalxero

Post Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Since you added a new Cryptic Studios Game Helpers section, can you update the "New Named World of Warcraft Macro Action" to just "New Named Macro Action" and add a drop down to select the game helper section to select from?
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri May 31, 2013 1:10 am

you spent some time to think this up laxy old chap =P

Thumbs up :D
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:16 am

This is great. So much simpler!

Nice work.
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Well I'd like to say this was simple for me. Lax I did what you have written here. I must need to do more b/c nothing works for me. ISBoxer creates the bind files but there's nothing in them. I can't get assist or follow to work and when I use IWT I lose mouse look function. Very frustrated. Coming from LOTRO where we don't use macros and having no experience with them I am lost. Would love some help getting this working. Also if I have to bind f keys in a bind file is it possible to set isboxer so I can use my buttons on my G600 mouse to activate them ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:22 pm

ecgric wrote:Well I'd like to say this was simple for me. Lax I did what you have written here. I must need to do more b/c nothing works for me. ISBoxer creates the bind files but there's nothing in them.

In order to help you with your config, it would help to see it. However, if the bind files are empty, then chances are you created the macros in ISBoxer, but did not assign them to your team or any characters. Select your Cryptic Macro Set in the bottom left pane, and see where it says "Enable macros for highlighted Character Sets . . . and specifically these highlighted Characters"... and highlight whoever needs the macro set.

I can't get assist or follow to work and when I use IWT I lose mouse look function.

I'm no expert on this game but the target locking locks out mouse look. It doesn't work like LOTRO at all.

Very frustrated. Coming from LOTRO where we don't use macros and having no experience with them I am lost. Would love some help getting this working. Also if I have to bind f keys in a bind file is it possible to set isboxer so I can use my buttons on my G600 mouse to activate them ?

Yes, you can use your G600 buttons as Hotkeys in ISBoxer, to activate anything you like. For example, if you have a macro you bound in the game to F6... and you want your G600 button to press F6, then you can use the Mapped Key Wizard and select "Key Re-map" for the type of mapping to set up. Give it the Hotkey G600-G1 or whichever button you want to use, and tell it to send F6 to the game. That part isn't really any different from LOTRO.
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Thx for the response Lax. I'm working on it. Got some things working but cannot attack anything. You're right it doesn't work like LOTRO at all. When I try to set up to broadcast mouse 1. Then nothing works for mouse 1. Can't even select a travel point and click on it on the map.
Next

Return to Neverwinter