FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

multibox comps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

stroeckx

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 pm

multibox comps

what would be best? tank, healer, 3 different dps to get all abilities and buffs OR tank, healer, 3 same dps (so you can do the same abilities) OR 5x the same class (dps) so you can just all do the same.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: multibox comps

stroeckx wrote:what would be best? tank, healer, 3 different dps to get all abilities and buffs OR tank, healer, 3 same dps (so you can do the same abilities) OR 5x the same class (dps) so you can just all do the same.
Note: Abbreviations below are Guardian Fighter (GF), Great Weapon Fighter (WF), Devoted Clerc (DC), Control Wizard (CW), & Trickster Rogue (TR).

Since there hasn't been many 5 man teams completing 5-man Dungeons and reporting back the combos that yield success the jury is still out...

This thread has the most info on teams people have been playing (summary in top/first post):

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

For multiboxing 5-Man Dungeons I think the best combo currently identified is:

-Tank + Healer + rangedDPSx3;
or
-GF + DC + CWx3;

AFAIK the only other combo that has tried 5mans at cap (level 60) is DC+CWx4 and it was not clear whether any 5 mans were fully cleared. That player wasn't overly satisfied and was switching in a GF to make his DC+CWx4 into a GF + DC + CWx3 to see if that is a better combo for him.

Personally I think that melee (except in the Tank slot) aren't viable for multi-boxing 5mans at cap but would like to be proven wrong. I think that the only options for DPS at this point are Control Wizards until maybe Rangers when they come out (assuming they are ranged via Bows).

I currently only have a duo (GF+DC) and hope Rangers come out soon as then I plan to level a 5 man of Rangerx2 + CWx3 to mix match with my GF+DC and see what combos I like. If I find that two DC's are required then I will swap out one of the rangers or CW's for a DC...

For now I am going to focus on mastering Tanking and Healing and let my guild-mates bring the DPS...
<<

stroeckx

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Just been making my accounts, the first 2 worked, all the other gave "invalid pasword". I hope it'll be fixed by tomorrow.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Good Luck.

One additional thought was that since multiple people have questioned whether 1 DC is enough some people may end up trying:

GF+DCx2+CWx2;

Only time will tell if the trading of some DPS for survivability is a good trade off or not. I could see this group having 1 DC target the Tank and the other targeting the slaves and maybe would be good.

Some people have also tried GF+DCx4 but I don't know of any teams with that combination that have made it to cap. While this may be the most survivable combo it's DPS is so low that likely would take forever. This combo may be able to clear some 5mans eventually if the boss doesn't self heal.
<<

zandokan

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:12 pm

stroeckx wrote:Just been making my accounts, the first 2 worked, all the other gave "invalid pasword". I hope it'll be fixed by tomorrow.

The way I found is to do it from 5 different pcs.
<<

stroeckx

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:34 am

zandokan wrote:
stroeckx wrote:Just been making my accounts, the first 2 worked, all the other gave "invalid pasword". I hope it'll be fixed by tomorrow.

The way I found is to do it from 5 different pcs.

You lean register for different PC's? If so, i'll have to do all this registering again:-(

I think cryptic is showing why they are a small company again, because when i register it says the e-mail is used (ofc, i registered...), but when i recover (in case of typo while registering) it says that e-mail isn't used....
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 am

I just made 5 different gmail accounts, and used 1 per cryptic account. Worked fine from the same PC.
<<

Kaische

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm

lemartes99 wrote:I just made 5 different gmail accounts, and used 1 per cryptic account.

You don't need to.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.de/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html wrote:Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your name was hikingfan@gmail.com, you could send mail to hikingfan+friends@gmail.com or hikingfan+mailinglists@gmail.com.

Insert one or several dots (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail doesn't recognize periods as characters in addresses -- we just ignore them. For example, you could tell people your address was hikingfan@gmail.com, hiking.fan@gmail.com or hi.kin.g.fan@gmail.com. (We understand that there has been some confusion about this in the past, but to settle it once and for all, you can indeed receive mail at all the variations with dots.)

So it is no problem to register game accounts with for example "myname+neverwinteracc1@gmail.com" :)

Return to Neverwinter