FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

wierd display problem . help if you can.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zilch

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:58 pm

wierd display problem . help if you can.

Hey all,

reporting this problem for a friend of mine. Basically, set him up with 5 man team.. had him up and running and he played fine with no problems. Today after logging in after no hardware software changes, innerspace launch.... but the game windows as specified by windows layout dont pop up on his display. .They do however show on the windows taskbar down below.

I had this problem last week once and the fix for me was to go into my display settings and disable any other monitors that it had detected. he doesnt show any other monitors either in nvidia control nor in windows display settings..

yes he rebooted and we tried....

when he launches slots individually slots 2-5 load perfectly, but slot 1 (main window 1900x1200) does not go where it should based upon regions in windows layout.. and the thumbnail for slot 1 shows the character login.. i had him use the [ previous ] next page to see if he could get it up... but it does not work.

had him run the windows layout again.. doesnt work...

any thoughts on what he should do next ? any help is appreciated..

thanks
Z
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 am

Re: wierd display problem . help if you can.

zilch wrote:Hey all,

reporting this problem for a friend of mine. Basically, set him up with 5 man team.. had him up and running and he played fine with no problems. Today after logging in after no hardware software changes, innerspace launch.... but the game windows as specified by windows layout dont pop up on his display. .They do however show on the windows taskbar down below.

I had this problem last week once and the fix for me was to go into my display settings and disable any other monitors that it had detected. he doesnt show any other monitors either in nvidia control nor in windows display settings..

yes he rebooted and we tried....

when he launches slots individually slots 2-5 load perfectly, but slot 1 (main window 1900x1200) does not go where it should based upon regions in windows layout.. and the thumbnail for slot 1 shows the character login.. i had him use the [ previous ] next page to see if he could get it up... but it does not work.

thanks
Z

I've seen this before. Switching to the other windows (which look just fine) make the SLOT1 screen readjust to the proper dimensions... give it a try - simple fix that worked for me. It stayed ok after that...
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:04 am

If I were you I go to isboxer.com/chat/ the folks there are awesome and Lax is there all the time, it seems you would have to show them the pastebin of your stuff but I'm sure they will be able to help ya out.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:46 pm

zilch wrote:... and the thumbnail for slot 1 shows the character login.. i had him use the [ previous ] next page to see if he could get it up... but it does not work.

thanks
Z
If the issue is that the game login window is launching but he can't get to it to actually login I also have had that problem. I get it mainly on my laptop when I disconnect from my large external display and I also get it when I move the location of my external monitor in relation to the built-in laptop monitor. I also got it when doing duplicate displays showing 1920x1080 on both my 1920x1080 laptop display & the external 1920x1200 display...

At first my fix was to turn off duplicate displays and then move it to the main monitor but that doesn't help if you don't have that external monitor handy. I searched the forums with no luck and nothing I could do on the icon or task bar seemed to fix it...

The best fix I found is as follows:
- Start Task Manager (Start->Run->taskmgr.exe);
- Go to the 'Applications' tab;
- scroll down to your client launch window 'task';
- Left-click on the client launch window 'task' and select Maximize;
- Hold Right-click on the Title Bar at the top of the game launch window and pull the game launch window down and it will resize to the proper size...
- Play and enjoy...

Hope that helps. GL ...
<<

zilch

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:15 am

sorry for late reply nodoze. i sent the link to this thread to my bud a while back and he followed your instructions and it indeed fixed the prob.
tks
Z
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:41 am

zilch wrote:sorry for late reply nodoze. i sent the link to this thread to my bud a while back and he followed your instructions and it indeed fixed the prob.
tks
Z
Cool. I was surprised that I couldn't find a fix anywhere on startpage searches or google or what not. Glad to know that the fix I found helped someone else !

Return to Neverwinter