FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aberrant Assault

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Re: Aberrant Assault

zandokan wrote:Yeah against this dude it doesnt nothing you did is just you need to port out from place VERY FAST or you get raped. Running away don't cut it.
You could make a macro with steps that double taps multiple times to have them use their abilities as much as they can for at least the DC, CW, & TR. Of course the GF can't move fast but can block... I think the GWF can only sprint and not zoom so you may need to use shift for him if you want to support that... I personally wouldn't focus on melee and would focus on DC & CW for now and the Ranger later when they add that class (assuming it is ranged and not melee)...
<<

zandokan

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Ok is not huge but I found a way to make Astral Shield and Bastion of health work with Tab and since Healing Word works in either stance I think this si going to help a little.
There is an option in game that you can change so ground spells trigger on release of the button. Hope that helps someone.
Attachments
Options.jpg
Options.jpg (63.21 KiB) Viewed 9659 times
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:32 pm

zandokan wrote:Ok is not huge but I found a way to make Astral Shield and Bastion of health work with Tab and since Healing Word works in either stance I think this si going to help a little.
There is an option in game that you can change so ground spells trigger on release of the button. Hope that helps someone.

EDIT: Your comment and my reply maybe should be under the Healing Macros thread...

EDIT: I will try to move my comments over there and put a link to these comments...
<<

zandokan

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Yeah I realized I screwed up afterwards.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 pm

zandokan wrote:Yeah I realized I screwed up afterwards.
I wouldn't consider it a screw up when you are sharing and trying to help others and accidentally post in a less related thread.

Like Pavlov's dog I initially just responded to it and only noticed when I was trying to book mark it for later testing with my healer that it wasn't in the Healing macro thread...

No worries and thanks again for sharing your experiences, challenges, and what you are trying to get past them. Hopefully our feedback/ideas are helping you also.
<<

zandokan

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Is getting me hella frustrated thats for sure haha.
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Ok I was able to get them to use the SHIFT+ BACKWARDS, so I was able to get him to 50% which before it was impossible but then he gets soo many adds out is just a clusterfuck I was able to finally get all the adds off the healer/CWS but then I was in really bad shape and since the healer doesnt heal me unless I press the button I was at like 25% hp and then he pulled everyone in and killed me.
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Bah I'm done trying for awhile I need to find a way to coral the FUCKING ADDs is just dumb how many adds you get every single time. And by the time I TAB so I get aggro my dudes are dead. So frustrating.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:16 pm

zandokan wrote:Bah I'm done trying for awhile I need to find a way to coral the ... ADDs is just dumb how many adds you get every single time. And by the time I TAB so I get aggro my dudes are dead. So frustrating.
I think the advantage that a party of real players has is that they can react really quickly and kite them to & around the Tank so he can take aggro on the ADDs and I doubt that I as a Multi-boxer can replicate that behavior... They can mitigate much damage just by moving fast that we can't.

Assuming you are running the standard GF+DC+CWx3 party the only thing I can think of is to save your daily cool-downs & keep your Divinity Meter Maxed and try one or all of the following once the boss hits his specified % and the ADDs swarm (you may have already tried all of these):

- Have the GF run within range of the group and pop his Daily AoE (and his encounter AoE) and all his taunts;
- Have the control wizards pop their AoEs in a round robin neutralizing the ADDs temporarily over an over (spread out with a few seconds between each) until the Tank can get aggro; I would think that they should be able to mow them down if their dailies are saved;
- Have the Cleric pop her Daily and then cast (with Divinity enabled) the Astral Shield that both mitigates and heals & then the AoE burst that heals and damages the enemies & repeat ASAP until the Mobs are down;

If one or all of the above don't work then the last idea I have is to have all 4 party members pop their Ethereal Cloaks from the end of the level ~60 mini-Dungeon Illithid Enclave and then try the above;

Wishing you luck and hope the above helps... If you already tried all of the above individually and/or as a combo with no dice that would be good to know. If you can't get to the % of hit points that all hell breaks loose at without draining your dailies & your divinity meter then likely the party can't do it. It may be slower to get to the % of hit points without using those but better to get it done slower than not at all.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

zandokan wrote:Yeah against this dude it doesnt nothing you did is just you need to port out from place VERY FAST or you get raped. Running away don't cut it.

It's set up to teleport if you use the Shift key as your tactical special.

In NeverBoxer v.9 it will use both shift and double-movement keys for scatter to compensate for people using different configs. Those two combined should pretty much cover most ppl. I personally use Shift because it's easier to hit and I also (apparently) double hit keys too much and end up scooting and dodging all over the place :lol:
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter