FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Foundry Suggestions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Re: Foundry Suggestions

nodoze wrote:I can see how this would be great for a 5box team but not so great for a 2box GF+DC...

They can't get me below 90% for very long even without potions or blocking but the GF & DC's DPS just isn't enough to take them down quickly. Easy but takes forever without the CW+3...

Are you using brand as the at-will on your DC? That and Daunting light are what ya need... But you are right, its a cakewalk for a five man. It does take a gf and a cw some time even to whittle those things down. :roll:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:... not so great for a 2box GF+DC ... takes forever without the CW+3...
Are you using brand as the at-will on your DC? That and Daunting light are what ya need... But you are right, its a cakewalk for a five man. It does take a gf and a cw some time even to whittle those things down. :roll:
My Fight-Plan regarding At-Wills for the GF+DC is focused on agro control, damage mitigation, & healing (not DPS) as follows:

- When engaging targets for the first time I use the LMC to 'Charge & Mark' the main target with my GF and simultaneously put the Astral-Seal on the target;

- I then try to max at-will DPS (whether blocking or not) via RMCs until the target is dead, the Astral Seal needs to be refreshed, or I need to change/mark targets and for all of those I do a single LMC and then get back on RMCs...

Currently at level 60 my at-wills are as follows below...

Note: I build around GF's blocking (shift depressed) At-Wills as these appear to be un-changeable and I am trying to do my setup for hard fights when I have to be in max Defense mode to survive & adapt the rest to comply with that...

- 60 GF normal (changeable): LMC: Threatening Rush=Charge & Mark target(s);
- 60 GF normal (changeable): RMC: Cleave=AoE damage (normal offensive At-Will);

- 60 GF while blocking (unchangeable): Shift+LMC: Aggravating Strike=taunt & higher damage;
- 60 GF while blocking (unchangeable): Shift+RMC: Shield Slam=+Shield Meter & lower damage (max Defense At-Will);

- 60 DC normal (changeable): LMC: Astral Seal=Mark target & allies hitting target are healed;
- 60 DC normal (changeable): RMC: =Sacred Flame=Damage+Hit Points to nearby allies;

Note: Currently I only use Divinity instantaneously with Encounter powers when needed otherwise Divinity mode is off and I am building up the Divinity Meter so I don't use these Divinity At-Wills:
- 60 DC with Divinity (unchangeable): Tab,LMC:
- 60 DC with Divinity (unchangeable): Tab,RMC:

My guild party is all melee (except my DC) & I like Astral-Seal because it marks the target for everyone and everyone gets heals if they focus fire and I liked Sacred Flame as it gave everyone Hit Points.

Which one would you replace with Brand of the Sun, Astral-Seal or Sacred-Flame ?
If I were to switch out my guess would be to DoT vao Bramd and them spam Seal (currently I just mark with Seal and refresh the Seal as needed but I guess I could DoT them and then keep casing Seal to max DC DPS...

I guess my concern is that DC DPS is fairly worthless compared to the CWx3 (or my guild's TRx2+GWFx1) & I would be better off spaming Sacred-Flame to give them Hit Points to keep them up and them dishing out DPS.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:I can see how this would be great for a 5box team but not so great for a 2box GF+DC ... the GF & DC's DPS just isn't enough to take them down quickly. Easy but takes forever without the [DPS of the] CW+3...
My current Encounter powers on my back-ground slave DC are:

- Sun Burst: AoE heal the DC & CWs (if 5man) and knock back enemies swarming the DC+CWx3;
- Astral Shield: Mitigate damage on Tank & Melee or on self & CWx3. With Divinity it also heals... At this point I mainly plan to use Divinity on this for healing the whole party (my Melee guildies or DC+CWx3).
- Healing Word: Target+Self heal (usually on Tank and self);

I tried Daunting Light but frankly I am having trouble with the slave background DC consistently landing Astral Shield with it's large AoE & I couldn't land Daunting Light well at all as it's AoE Radius is very tight... At least with Astral Shield I can run the GF to the location it popped and get some of the benefit.

I think the difference is that you were initially focusing on DC+CWx4 which is great for leveling but not necessarily for 5man Dungeons that required GF Tanks & you can target natively if your DC is in the main Foreground window but not as a slave in a Background Window...

I am interested to see what changes (if any) in your At-Wills & Encounter powers you decide upon after your testing with a GF+DC+CWx3 &/or GF+DCx2+CWx2 setups ...
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:19 pm

If I ever get NeverBoxer to v1.0 :roll: I look forward to testing all of this out too... especially the GF+2DC+2CW.

Hopefully I get to play some starting next week. Been leveling 2 DCs for that. Thanks for sharing your setup and attacks - as I start to tweak the keystrokes and play mechanics of NB, I'll be using those.
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Ok for some stupid reason now this foundry doesnt count towards the daily but I found one that is almost as good depending on ur dps it shouldnt take long.
Is called Ogres Must Die 3
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Solo grind counts again now.
<<

zandokan

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Does it count all 4 times?
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:06 pm

It did today for me. The other day it only worked for 3 though for some reason. Maybe if you beat it too fast.
<<

zandokan

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah I got it only once and everytime I would look at it it said it wouldnt count so I did Ogres Must die 3 and i got all 4.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:20 pm

lemartes99 wrote:It did today for me. The other day it only worked for 3 though for some reason. Maybe if you beat it too fast.

There are two timers for the foundry quests. Any of the big mobs only give Xp every 4 minutes. So don't kill them faster than that. Also, any foundry quests competed in under 15 minutes don't count and/or give reduced XP. This was implemented to reduce Foundry quest & XP farming.

You'll notice that sometimes when you kill the ogre-mobs they only drop a couple coins or none at all. That's when you know you've run up against that 4 minute timer. :cry:
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter