FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

No, I only have the one bind.txt and is the same as I posted it before which you said it was fine. I just dont understand how they target the mob, if they dont assist or anything do they pick the closest target or something, maybe I have the /hardtargetlock wrong idk but what I do know is that every single slave is trying to attack me (Slot 1) and they get the error that I cant be the target of the spell. Thats why on bosses I have to go to each one of them and target the boss my self. But now I'm trying to do skirmish and yeah with 2 ppl only I cant even do the trash pretty frustrating :(.

Hmm, yes those binds that you put up before are correct. I think you're on to something though and I think I see why you might be having problems... Let me explain how the targeting works. You must have a target in your reticule when you press one of the attacks. What happens is that once you have a target, the action key is calling an Assist on your target. That gives the rest of the team the same target as you. Then, another action takes place that puts a HardLock onto that target for the rest of the team. So now they are locked onto that target. Then, the team receives an action to stop following, which prevents the ranged characters from running in close on the target. (If you had just a melee team, then you would remove the "Follow 0" step - but I can't possibly recommend an all melee team in this game with as many ads as there sometimes are). The final action is the actual attack (Q, E, R, 1, 2, Mouse1/2). That's all that's going on.

My guess now is that you've possibly been pressing the attack without having a target in your crosshairs? And remember - it must be in your crosshairs when you attack, not a moment before or later.

Try that out and see if you get better results..
Last edited by Sylver on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 pm

I've noticed that I had my binds to the Bind.txt instead of isboxer-binds.txt and I was like oh I wish this is the issue but oc it is not :(.
F6 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ Target Character1ActualName"
F7 "Follow"
F8 "Assist Character1ActualName"
F9 "HardTargetLock 1"
F10 "SetFollow 0"
F11 "HardTargetLock 0"
F12 "targetCursor $$ HardTargetLock 1"
F13 "invite Character1ActualName$$invite mxxx@zxxx$invite zxx@oxx$$invite lxx@zxxx"
F14 "Team_kick Character1ActualName$$Team_kick mxx@zxx$$Team_kick zxx@oxx$$Team_kick lxx@zxx"

Thats how I have it and the party invite doesnt work but it doesnt give me any error, I pm you my xml in paste bin to see if you dont mind and figure this out, Thanks.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:28 pm

zandokan wrote:I've noticed that I had my binds to the Bind.txt instead of isboxer-binds.txt and I was like oh I wish this is the issue but oc it is not :(.
F6 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ Target Character1ActualName"
F7 "Follow"
F8 "Assist Character1ActualName"
F9 "HardTargetLock 1"
F10 "SetFollow 0"
F11 "HardTargetLock 0"
F13 "invite Character1ActualName$$invite mxxx@zxxx$invite zxx@oxx$$invite lxx@zxxx"
F14 "Team_kick Character1ActualName$$Team_kick mxx@zxx$$Team_kick zxx@oxx$$Team_kick lxx@zxx"

Thats how I have it and the party invite doesnt work but it doesnt give me any error, I pm you my xml in paste bin to see if you dont mind and figure this out, Thanks.

Ok, I see the problem right away. Your F6 and F8 binds are messed up. Back in step 4 of the guide it says this:

"Step 4 – Customizing your Never-Boxer configuration in ISBoxer: You added your characters into ISBoxer back in step 2. Ensure that in step 2, you gave all characters a full name, with a "prefix","@", and "suffix". An example would be "Joe@CrabShack". If you don't, the party invite features of Never-Boxer will not work.

Additionally, another thing that must be modified is to give your SLOT1, or main, character an "Actual Character Name (if Different)". <SCREENSHOT>

In this screenshot, you can see in the top left that the SLOT1 character has a name with both a prefix and suffix, but additionally, I added the character's first name "Sylverthorne" into the "Actual CharacterName (if Different)" field in the bottom right window pane. This way the game will follow the name "Sylverthorne" in SLOT1, whereas the true character name in SLOT1 is something different. If you do not do this, the follow and targeting commands will not work properly. Oddly enough, the commands for target and follow will not work on names with a prefix and sufix."

You need to use the first name, or prefix name, of your character in the "Actual CharacterName (if Different)" field of your character in the character set (in ISBoxer). The way your binds are now they are looking for a character specifically named "Character1ActualName". I bet that's not the character's name. ^^

Try that change and see if things start working better for you. It is really confusing that Cryptic programmed the target and follows to use prefix parts of the name only, while the party invite and other commands use both parts of the name (before and after the '@')...
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Ok I fixed that still not working :(, sorry to bither you so much but I wanna get this done so I dont have to :P.

And this is how one of my isboxer-Neverwinter DC & 4 CW Group-exxx@txxx-binds.txt looks like
F6 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ Target Jxxxxe"
F7 "Follow"
F8 "Assist Jxxxxe"
F9 "HardTargetLock 1"
F10 "SetFollow 0"
F11 "HardTargetLock 0"

isboxer-binds.txt is suppose to be blnk inside right?

I also noticed that when I tried to invite them this time gave me an error on Neverwinter (idk if is an actaul error but this is what it said).
Unknown command: Accesslevel
Unknown command:Remove_power
Access level 0 being granted
Attachments
Setup.jpg
Setup.jpg (205.11 KiB) Viewed 8225 times
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:06 pm

zandokan wrote:Ok I fixed that still not working :(, sorry to bither you so much but I wanna get this done so I dont have to :P.

And this is how one of my isboxer-Neverwinter DC & 4 CW Group-exxx@txxx-binds.txt looks like
F6 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ Target Jxxxxe"
F7 "Follow"
F8 "Assist Jxxxxe"
F9 "HardTargetLock 1"
F10 "SetFollow 0"
F11 "HardTargetLock 0"

I also noticed that when I tried to invite them this time gave me an error on Neverwinter (idk if is an actaul error but this is what it said).
Unknown command: Accesslevel
Unknown command:Remove_power
Access level 0 being granted

Its no bother - Im happy to help. Ok, we're getting closer - I still see a couple things wrong.

Your F13 and F14 binds still have "Character1ActualName" in them, whereas they should be saying "Jxxxxe"... that is why the party invite isn't working. Check all of your character's names again. Make sure all 5 characters have full two-part names like "Joe @ Crabshack". Then make sure the Actual Character name is the same as the first part of SLOT1 character's name. You should be good to go at that point.

The error you are seeing is not from ISBoxer/NeverBoxer but from Neverwinter itself. Apparently some of the shift and control key combinations cause those to happen. I noticed using the right shift and control keys tend to do that. Try using the ones on the left side of the keyboard and see if you get the same errors - usually they don't lol. Eventually I think Cryptic will fix those (they probably dont even realize they are happeneing - I've seen many posts online in other forums about people discovering them purely by accident).

Yes, lax and I had a nice discussion on that and it is supposed to be blank... the true binds are in the bind files for each separate character. Make sure that you are loading in the bind files that match each character when you are in-game. Ie; for the SLOT1 character, load the bind file for that first character. Then, the second, then the 3rd,etc.
- Sylver
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Yes, lax and I had a nice discussion on that and it is supposed to be blank... the true binds are in the bind files for each separate character. Make sure that you are loading in the bind files that match each character when you are in-game. Ie; for the SLOT1 character, load the bind file for that first character. Then, the second, then the 3rd,etc.

I'm still not sure you followed the conversation because you're still instructing people to load each character's file manually instead of just doing the same exact command, /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt either in all windows, or use that command and only that command in the command-line loader. So, regardless of whether you're in slot 1, or slot 2, or slot 45, you don't have to type in the character-specific file. You should not, ever, have to manually load the character-specific file, ISBoxer does that for you.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm

lax wrote:

I'm still not sure you followed the conversation because you're still instructing people to load each character's file manually instead of just doing the same exact command, /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt either in all windows, or use that command and only that command in the command-line loader. So, regardless of whether you're in slot 1, or slot 2, or slot 45, you don't have to type in the character-specific file. You should not, ever, have to manually load the character-specific file, ISBoxer does that for you.

Hey - you do read the forums after all. :D

Any progress on on auto-loading these bind files so we don't have to mess with them?

The problem with the blank isboxer-binds.txt file is tho, that people can't troubleshoot with an empty file. =/
Last edited by Sylver on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Any progress on on auto-loading these bind files so we don't have to mess with them?

You should just have to put the one command in the advanced command line box (/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt, without any character-specific information). Why do you still have to mess with them besides doing that?
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:32 pm

lax wrote:

You should just have to put the one command in the advanced command line box (/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt, without any character-specific information). Why do you still have to mess with them besides doing that?

Well, you DID SAY you were going to do it, that's why Im asking. ^^
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 pm

lax wrote:

zandokan,

Do what Lax is telling you - he wrote the thing.
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter