FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

zandokan wrote:They should sticky this imo.

Agreed - Sir moderator, can we sticky plz?
- Sylver
<<

zilch

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:35 pm

didnt shrink, other than to change the general initialization vfx step / string to 1920x1080 (matches my desktop).

the mini overlays that i see are more like a duplicate, yet smaller window(s) of REgions2 and 3. they show up in Region1 at the very top left and block out the party members pictures /icons.

it doesnt stay up all the time either, but shows up everytime i log in and or export to inner space and it reloads... i move around abit and it goes away.. sometimes it pops back up...

thought that it was the "mini overlays" that was reffered to previously.

if that is the case, then perhaps turning this off: (Toggle 4 Video FX (VFX) Mini-screens ON/OFF = Windows "Application" key)
might fix it? i wasnt sure where to find the application key.... does that even pertain to the overlays that im talking about?

Tks
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:26 am

zilch wrote:didnt shrink, other than to change the general initialization vfx step / string to 1920x1080 (matches my desktop).

the mini overlays that i see are more like a duplicate, yet smaller window(s) of REgions2 and 3. they show up in Region1 at the very top left and block out the party members pictures /icons.

it doesnt stay up all the time either, but shows up everytime i log in and or export to inner space and it reloads... i move around abit and it goes away.. sometimes it pops back up...

thought that it was the "mini overlays" that was reffered to previously.

if that is the case, then perhaps turning this off: (Toggle 4 Video FX (VFX) Mini-screens ON/OFF = Windows "Application" key)
might fix it? i wasnt sure where to find the application key.... does that even pertain to the overlays that im talking about?

Tks

The Windows "Application key" is a lonely key. :lol: It usually lives safely tucked away between the Alt and Ctrl keys on the right hand side and has mysterious picture of what looks like a TI calculator (if you know what that is- showing my age here).

As for what you are describing, the mini-windows are showing the correct regions and are indeed smaller, cropped versions of regions 2-5 (2-3 for you since you have fewer party members I'm assuming?). It actually sounds like you might have something bound to the application key in Neverwinter's keybinds? Check in-game and see if there's anything there. That or you are pressing the key somehow to make it turn on and off (which is exactly what it's supposed to do when you press the application key).

You can try turning that keymap off and see what it does for you - it won't hurt anything to try.

Let me know what happens and we'll go from there.
- Sylver
<<

zilch

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 pm

thanks a ton.. that did the trick...

i might have inadvertently hit it while typing... (very possible).

ill let you k now if it pops up and only after checking the keymaps..

should be fine now that i know where that lonely key is.. tks sylver

Z
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Sylver wrote:
zilch wrote:much progress from last time.

still trying to get this to work well on my laptop.. (sylver your post on adjusting settings (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165) was a huge help)

presently only running slot1-3
left character names defaulted (no change) - however, i deleted the slot4 and slot5 slots in the character set. (sylver previously advised that if playing with a lesser amount of characters, i should just leave it be and play with less) - only playing with 3 presently because i have 2 other characters at level 30.. so trying to catch these slaves up.

the problem i am running into is this:
every so often, when trying to send an assist bind command to slaves, my slot1 targets himself.... when i look at his binds. (/bind_save_file .. the iso-binds that come from cyrptic have overwritten the binds i loaded fro my slot1 character... essentially it only works when i remove all the f6 f8 hardtarget lock 1... etc... because when i hit F6, my slot1 hardtargetlocks himself.. i have to do a /hardtargetlock 0 to get out of it....

my temp fix is to simply /bind_open_file xx.txt and reload slot1 binds... this fixes it all
possible fix? make sure that those keys that are listed in the binds that come from cryptic /iso binds....are not broadcasted in slot1?

any help is appreciated.

this is really fun... kinda addictive. lol

Tks
Zilch

It's funny, I never use the F-keys when playing... just put my target in my target reticule, fire away and that's it. I guess if you are used to targeting team-members like in other MMOs it would work. I never envisioned a SLOT1 team leader targeting him/herself. :o

But the targetlock system in this game is seriously borked. :evil: To get out of targetlock, simply press the control key. That will break it.

Maybe Nodoze should try deleting the unused characters (like you did). Maybe that will help in his instance? :?:
Good news is that deleting slots 3-5 seems to have allowed the VFX to work. When launching both windows the main Foreground window brings in the single background window for my duo now.

The bad news is that when I press G to bring up my guild menu and then right click on my duo partner to invite to party and then press esc to exit the G window the main window totally freezes and I have to use task manager to kill the first/foreground window.

EDIT: Follow appeared to be broken. Rather than using the wizard to create a new set of characters I just renamed the character@account names & actual character name. I did take the precaution of doing the /Unbind_all command with the duo launched and then logged everything out and started anew. After doing a /bind_save_file it appears that my bind files were empty even after restarting multiple times. I don't know if my original /unbind_all messed things up or my not running the party creation wizard and just renaming is causing this issue or what. I was able to manually run the /bind_load_file isboxer-Neverwinter DC & 4 CW Group-Character@account-binds.txt and now things seem to be working. I don't want to have to do that manually everytime I make changes in the future.

EDIT: My main Foreground screen also locks up when I do the Shift-I and the inventory preview comes up. Was happening when I go to chat and forget to press Cntrl-Shift-m. Don't really need that right now with just 2 so I turned that off for now.

EDIT: Observation: Having a GF in the main Foreground window makes heavy utilization of Shift+ for many commands somewhat problematic in that the GF tries to block when you try to do the Shift+ versions. If you mount the GF first with 6 and then press Shift+6 then he dismounts (to block) while the background window(s) mount up. You done a ton of commendable work so instead of recommending that be changed I am going to try to get used to it and see how that goes. Very impressed overall once I have gotten it working with a few manual work-arounds.
Last edited by nodoze on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I have gone though the full list of commands though I still need to read some of the notes... Still have the above issues but just wanted to say that this is very well done and well documented and appreciated.

Very interested to see how you plan to implement these particular planned NeverBoxer_V_0_9 (BETA) enhancments:
- SLOT2-5 direct heal keys added (Shift + 7-0);
- 3 Heal keys designated ( -, +, Backspace);

Very interested to see if these are going to assume the healer is in Slot1 or Slot2 or work regardless. I am going to keep my GF in Slot1 as he will be controlling agro/taunts/blocks so if they are tied to slot1 I will have to reprogram them for slot2.

The main thing that is lacking to be fully successful is that you can't see the Divinity Meter to leverage it while on the GF. I think bringing in just the Divinity Meter to the Slot 1 GF window to be right next to the Guard Meter will help maximize both roles which will help overall party success (assuming a standard GF+DC+3xDPS party).
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 pm

nodoze wrote:I have gone though the full list of commands though I still need to read some of the notes... Still have the above issues but just wanted to say that this is very well done and well documented and appreciated.

Very interested to see how you plan to implement these particular planned NeverBoxer_V_0_9 (BETA) enhancments:
- SLOT2-5 direct heal keys added (Shift + 7-0);
- 3 Heal keys designated ( -, +, Backspace);

Very interested to see if these are going to assume the healer is in Slot1 or Slot2 or work regardless. I am going to keep my GF in Slot1 as he will be controlling agro/taunts/blocks so if they are tied to slot1 I will have to reprogram them for slot2.

The main thing that is lacking to be fully successful is that you can't see the Divinity Meter to leverage it while on the GF. I think bringing in just the Divinity Meter to the Slot 1 GF window to be right next to the Guard Meter will help maximize both roles which will help overall party success (assuming a standard GF+DC+3xDPS party).

Nodoze, so glad to see that you are making progress with your custom setup and thanks for posting what you're doing here, as I'm sure it will be of use to others in the future. Also appreciate the kind words - I'm trying to document as much as possible and make my work as easy to follow as I can so everyone can learn as well.

I'll put the Divinity Meter in next version, as I can really see the utility of it. Prob will take the SLOT2 character's divinity or shield meter and put on the first screen, which means either the DC or GF needs to be in SLOTS 1 & 2.

Planning on having version .9 done by mid-week. I've done alot of work on this next one and so it's taking a bit longer... but I want to make it a worthwhile upgrade over V .8 as I know that it takes real effort for people with special setups to incorporate each new version.

If anyone has more requests for v .9, please let me know now, otherwise they will have to wait for v 1.0, which will bring things like GUI customization - which I'm really excited to try and do. :mrgreen:
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 pm

nodoze wrote:EDIT: My main Foreground screen also locks up when I do the Shift-I and the inventory preview comes up. Was happening when I go to chat and forget to press Cntrl-Shift-m. Don't really need that right now with just 2 so I turned that off for now.

If you deleted the VFX and/or characters for screens 3-5, that's prob why. The code creates VFX from those screens, so you'd need to go into that mapped key code and remove all references to the characters/vfx you deleted. That's very likely the cause.
- Sylver
<<

Evilsquash

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:51 am

Sylver wrote:[
Planning on having version .9 done by mid-week. I've done alot of work on this next one and so it's taking a bit longer... but I want to make it a worthwhile upgrade over V .8 as I know that it takes real effort for people with special setups to incorporate each new version.
If anyone has more requests for v .9, please let me know now, otherwise they will have to wait for v 1.0, which will bring things like GUI customization - which I'm really excited to try and do. :mrgreen:

V.9, I AM GETTING EXCITED!!! LOL!!!
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 am

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:... The main thing that is lacking to be fully successful is that you can't see the Divinity Meter to leverage it while on the GF. I think bringing in just the Divinity Meter to the Slot 1 GF window to be right next to the Guard Meter will help maximize both roles which will help overall party success (assuming a standard GF+DC+3xDPS party).
... I'll put the Divinity Meter in next version, as I can really see the utility of it. Prob will take the SLOT2 character's divinity or shield meter and put on the first screen, which means either the DC or GF needs to be in SLOTS 1 & 2. ...
Thanks again as I am liking your setup more and more.

I created the Meter pass through on my copy of v0.8. Even though I had done things like this years ago for my SWTOR setup, it would have been very difficult to figure out how to do that if I hadn't had a working copy of your current VFXes...

It appears to be a lot of trial and error to keep moving/re-exporting/reviewing to get the VFX viewers where you want. If you did all of the various VFX resolutions by trial and error it gives me even greater appreciation for all the VFXes you did...

For v0.9, in case it helps you do the VFX for the Divine Meter or Guard Meter (depending on which class is in slot2) I wanted to share back what I have done thus far under VFX 1920x1200:
- FX name: is2_Meter (made it generic so whether guard or divinity meter is being sourced in);
- Video FX Source Position 641,625 & size: 60x220 -> 2;
- Video FX Viewer Position 585,630 & size: 60x220 -> 1 (turned off mouse pass-thru & border);

EDIT: One slight improvement would be to 'gray out' the background around the meter being sourced in by putting a grey overlay on top of this window like we did for SWTOR (I believe I put links to our setup earlier in this thread). From memory I believe that required creating a image (.gif/.jpg/.bmp/?) and would be very tedious and you would likely need a different image overlay for a GF verses a DC. If seeing the DC's background on my GF screen ends up bothering me enough then I may just do the 3 +'s of the DC meter or create the overlay but I don't have time for that now (and not sure it bothers me enough yet).

If I have time I next plan to convert the Caps_Lock key to Channel Divinity on slot 2 (since Tab is used by my GF) and work more with the encounter powers in strengthened Divinity mode in the background. Currently the slot2 DC's powers work OK via F1-F3 except that the Healer's Word isn't consistently targeting the Tank like it did on my previous config so I will try to look into that also.

On a related note, one thing I personally really like to see while playing is the standard ISboxer FPS indicator so under the Character Set I un-hid the FPS indicator and then I modified VFX 1920x1200 FX name: is2_crop Video FX Viewer Position 0,0 ->1 to be 20,0.

EDIT: I am still having my slot 1 screen lock up in multiple scenarios when doing standard stuff in the game UI (clicking on quests while reviewing maps, inviting party member from Guild UI, etc) but at least they are repeatable and avoidable (if I remember not to do that). Since I had to delete the unused slots to get the VFX's to show, I am going to delete the VFX entries for the slots I no longer have to see if that clears it up. If that works I will try to remember to report back.
Last edited by nodoze on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter