FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zandokan

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Weird you should be able to that kinda like the way I have it setup at home in my gaming rig, Tank main monitor 25", healer 2nd monitor 17" and the DPS on a laptop next to the 2nd monitor. On the laptop I have it stacked like Sylver said.
Although I gotta say I created new sets since I play with multipc mode. And In the main monitor I still see the feed from the VFX for my healer I don't see the one for my DPS cause isboxer does not support VFX from other pcs as of yet which would be badass.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am

zandokan wrote:Weird you should be able to that kinda like the way I have it setup at home in my gaming rig, Tank main monitor 25", healer 2nd monitor 17" and the DPS on a laptop next to the 2nd monitor. On the laptop I have it stacked like Sylver said.
Although I gotta say I created new sets since I play with multipc mode. And In the main monitor I still see the feed from the VFX for my healer I don't see the one for my DPS cause isboxer does not support VFX from other pcs as of yet which would be badass.
To keep it straight forward so far I have only tried to do all windows on a single monitor even though I have 2 displays. I have tried disabling the 2nd monitor as well as duplicating the display on both screens with no success.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 am

nodoze wrote:Trying to take NeverBoxer as is and get It up on my machine with as is with as little changes as possible...

With my DUO (GF+DC) I was able to launch it but the VFX windows aren't coming up and I can't do much if I can't see the slave background window for my DC.

With my 2 monitor config (I had run the ISBoxer 'Window Layout Wizard' to put the windows on monitor2) I wasn't seeing any VFX windows so after trying multiple things I shut everything down & started over from scratch... In Microsoft-Windows I reset my displays to disable Display-Monitor 1 (native Laptop 1920x1080 display) & only show Microsoft-Windows on the 1920x1200 Display-Monitor2.

I then cleared all ISBoxer configs and re-loaded the original clean NeverBoxer_v_0_8.xml.

The only changes I made for my Duo thus far are as follows:
- Changed the Character1Name & Character2Name to match my character_names@account_names;
- Changed each Actual_Character_name for Character1Name & Character2Name to match my character_names;
- Left Character2Name, Character4Name, & Character5Name alone;
- Inserted "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" into the launcher "Advanced Command Line" text box.
- Did the clear & unbind_all commands before launching to make sure everything was clean.

When I launch them I am still getting no VFX windows so I am stumped at this point. One thing I thought of was that maybe only having 2 total windows for my DUO is causing a problem for the VFX due to it expecting to be sourcing in 4 windows. I read though the whole thread again to see if others reported this exact scenario & it looked like Sylver and others were running less than 5 clients with no issues... I saw where Sylver said he only ran 2-3 extra windows on his laptop at times but wasn't sure if he or anyone had successfully tried only 2 windows total (1 foreground & only one background).

I am stuck at this point. I don't think I can effectively test further nor play if I can't see the other screens.

Any other help/ideas would be appreciated.

2 suggestions:

1) try hitting the Windows "application" key, as this forces a redraw of the 4 mini screens... If you dont see anything, then VFX is broken for your display setup

2) Re-run the display wizard, choose 5 stacked and drag your extra windows where you want them to be in relation to one another. Make sure, even though you're not using all 5, that you are set up with 5 when exiting the wizard.

Try those and see if it helps.
- Sylver
<<

zilch

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:15 pm

much progress from last time.

still trying to get this to work well on my laptop.. (sylver your post on adjusting settings (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165) was a huge help)

presently only running slot1-3
left character names defaulted (no change) - however, i deleted the slot4 and slot5 slots in the character set. (sylver previously advised that if playing with a lesser amount of characters, i should just leave it be and play with less) - only playing with 3 presently because i have 2 other characters at level 30.. so trying to catch these slaves up.

the problem i am running into is this:
every so often, when trying to send an assist bind command to slaves, my slot1 targets himself.... when i look at his binds. (/bind_save_file .. the iso-binds that come from cyrptic have overwritten the binds i loaded fro my slot1 character... essentially it only works when i remove all the f6 f8 hardtarget lock 1... etc... because when i hit F6, my slot1 hardtargetlocks himself.. i have to do a /hardtargetlock 0 to get out of it....

my temp fix is to simply /bind_open_file xx.txt and reload slot1 binds... this fixes it all
possible fix? make sure that those keys that are listed in the binds that come from cryptic /iso binds....are not broadcasted in slot1?

any help is appreciated.

this is really fun... kinda addictive. lol

Tks
Zilch
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:51 pm

zilch wrote:much progress from last time.

still trying to get this to work well on my laptop.. (sylver your post on adjusting settings (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165) was a huge help)

presently only running slot1-3
left character names defaulted (no change) - however, i deleted the slot4 and slot5 slots in the character set. (sylver previously advised that if playing with a lesser amount of characters, i should just leave it be and play with less) - only playing with 3 presently because i have 2 other characters at level 30.. so trying to catch these slaves up.

the problem i am running into is this:
every so often, when trying to send an assist bind command to slaves, my slot1 targets himself.... when i look at his binds. (/bind_save_file .. the iso-binds that come from cyrptic have overwritten the binds i loaded fro my slot1 character... essentially it only works when i remove all the f6 f8 hardtarget lock 1... etc... because when i hit F6, my slot1 hardtargetlocks himself.. i have to do a /hardtargetlock 0 to get out of it....

my temp fix is to simply /bind_open_file xx.txt and reload slot1 binds... this fixes it all
possible fix? make sure that those keys that are listed in the binds that come from cryptic /iso binds....are not broadcasted in slot1?

any help is appreciated.

this is really fun... kinda addictive. lol

Tks
Zilch

It's funny, I never use the F-keys when playing... just put my target in my target reticule, fire away and that's it. I guess if you are used to targeting team-members like in other MMOs it would work. I never envisioned a SLOT1 team leader targeting him/herself. :o

But the targetlock system in this game is seriously borked. :evil: To get out of targetlock, simply press the control key. That will break it.

Maybe Nodoze should try deleting the unused characters (like you did). Maybe that will help in his instance? :?:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:Trying to take NeverBoxer as is and get It up on my machine with as is with as little changes as possible...

With my DUO (GF+DC) I was able to launch it but the VFX windows aren't coming up and I can't do much if I can't see the slave background window for my DC.

... deleted to save space...

I am stuck at this point. I don't think I can effectively test further nor play if I can't see the other screens.

Any other help/ideas would be appreciated.
2 suggestions:

1) try hitting the Windows "application" key, as this forces a redraw of the 4 mini screens... If you dont see anything, then VFX is broken for your display setup

2) Re-run the display wizard, choose 5 stacked and drag your extra windows where you want them to be in relation to one another. Make sure, even though you're not using all 5, that you are set up with 5 when exiting the wizard.

Try those and see if it helps.
No dice. I tried the windows as is on (all on the same monitor) using both my local display and the attached display (neither disabling nor duplicating displays seems to help). Even creating a new Window display doesn't work.

The only partial work-around was to put screens 2-5 on my laptop display and screen 1 on my external display but that isn't that workable as I have to keep looking back and forth & lose out on VFX which will be important to maximizing both the Block meter & Divinity meter during combat (among other things)...

Have a lot of work and may not be able to put much more time into debugging this till Saturday.

Sad puppy for now.
<<

zilch

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:13 pm

question:

im getting the overlays for the min-maps as described on page 1 and i want to turn them off... (Toggle 4 Video FX (VFX) Mini-screens ON/OFF = Windows "Application" key)

There are multiple references to the "application key" being the solution for those who dont like the overlays.., yet can anyone please tell me where that is?

thanks again so much... pretty functional now on my gaming rig.. and OMG OP!!! SMACK DOWN!

thank you all so much..

Zilch
<<

zilch

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 pm

oh also sylver: i tried the SHIFT-I inventory thing and it worked fine.
couple of observations:
1) graphics were to poor to distinguish what the items were... that might be due to me setting my slave windows to low resolution and graphics settings.. per sylvers performance guide post. (thanks again sir).
2) I swapped characters when i had the bagS open and region1 SLOT1 then locked up. had to end task on gameclient32...

Did i break it? and also.. any way to gain more clarity on the overlays? and another. (sorry). lol .. but if i disable the mini overlays.. will the SHIFT I then no longer functin?

tks again
Zilch
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:42 pm

zilch wrote:oh also sylver: i tried the SHIFT-I inventory thing and it worked fine.
couple of observations:
1) graphics were to poor to distinguish what the items were... that might be due to me setting my slave windows to low resolution and graphics settings.. per sylvers performance guide post. (thanks again sir).
2) I swapped characters when i had the bagS open and region1 SLOT1 then locked up. had to end task on gameclient32...

Did i break it? and also.. any way to gain more clarity on the overlays? and another. (sorry). lol .. but if i disable the mini overlays.. will the SHIFT I then no longer functin?

tks again
Zilch

1) It should be clear - I run the exact same setting as in the guide, and remember, the GUI is rendered seprately from the rest of the game. Have you shrunk your slave windows to a different size? What's your screen resolution?

2) Don't know why your region 1 slot 1 froze as there is actually no VFX for tha region/slot1. Ill have to test it while using slave screen and see if if I can duplicate the bug. Im improving the feature in .9 to show on every screen, so if there is a problem, thn the update will hopefully fix it as well.

When you say "disabling the mini overlays" do you mean with the application key or but cutting it out of the config altogether? The initialization mapping creates all of the vfx at the same time, so cutting it out (since you may not be able to follow the code) altogether will likely cause problems. BUT, if you simply disable the vfx mini windows like I show in part 5, VFX, only the mini windows will not be displayed. The inventory and group vfx viewer code is separate and will not be affected and still work.

Hopefully I explained it well enough or you to follow...
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:15 pm

They should sticky this imo.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter