FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Sylver wrote:NeverBoxer 1.0 is nearing completion - here's the list of changes so far: ... Any comments on Version 0.9a - bugs or fixes needed that I'm not aware of?
The one thing that I had in both v0.8 & v0.9a is that I have never been able to get my binds to load automatically...

- On v0.8 I just renamed the names of the characters and used your existing character set. I then went and tried to adjust the virtual files to match but never got the binds to load automatically.

- On v0.9a I ran the wizards to register my characters and create a new character set and still I the binds don't load automatically.

As a work-around I just go into the Neverwinter/Live folder and copy the names of each bind file and manually load each bind file in each window and they seem persistent. When I tweak things I have to manually clear the binds and manually reload...

I think others have reported this problem as well. One thing that might be helpful would be if you were to create a new group on your PC and document the exact steps you have to do to get them to automatically load their binds as I have tried to follow the existing steps and think that something is missing (or I am not understanding something).
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 am

Sylver wrote:NeverBoxer 1.0 is nearing completion - here's the list of changes so far:

... Fire-Teams - adds the ability to target and fight multiple enemies simultaneously;
Melee & Ranged Fighting - Split your party into melee and ranged Fire-Teams and fight accordingly;
...Ranged characters now hold position automatically when combat starts while melee characters move into battle automatically; Direct attacks and follow commands from any character upon window swap amongst SLOT1-5 characters - no variable keymapping necessary (all done in keymap programming - was a challenge!); ...

Still working on Pet heals and AOE heals/damage spells... hopefully I get those in there too. ;)

Very interested to see how you implemented fire-teams.

For me and I suspect at least Lesmartes, the biggest thing is effective healing of the GF & Pets up in the Fray.

When this current group gets to 60 I plan to have the ability to mix groups as follows (using Tank pets):
1) GF+DCx4 (slow and steady group);
2) GF+DCx2+CWx2 (faster but hopefully steady enough group);

For bosses that don't have high self-healing my though is that if GF+DCx4 can't do it then likely it cant be done... The fire groups would simply be:

In the Fray: GF + Tank Pets in the Fray;
Back from the Fray: DCx4 in tight cluster AoE healing & Focus Fire on Boss and AoEing Damage & Focus Firing on adds (with GF taunting some);

DC spells that I think are key for the Healing/DPS group are:
- Astral Shield (with Divinity) AoE on 'self' so the Cleric Group has this as continuously as possible (2 Clerics should be able to alternate and keep it going indefinitely with good timing);
- Sun Burst to heal DC group & AoE adds that come to them; Use "extra" divinity PiPs to round robin throw adds back and slow down the incoming damage;
- Round Robin Daily Hallowed Ground feated for healing in addition to the other benefits it gives (should help the Tank and Pets also).
- At wills Focus Fire (FF) on Boss until adds come and then FF on each add till then are gone (maybe use a second DPS daily here).
- Forgemaster's Flame w/Divinity on the Boss to heal the GF and Pets (the other 2 Clerics should always be able to keep it up on boss and the Astral Sheild clerics will give as much as they can which should be at least every other cast cool-down).
- Party drink potions as needed to supplement healing during spikes;

I put a sample of the timing I have planned & uploaded a sample keybind that AoE target's self in the other thread. If I get more time I will try to document it in more detail the timings and rotations in another post. I think efficient use of Divinity & coordination will be the key...
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:59 am

nodoze wrote:
Sylver wrote:NeverBoxer 1.0 is nearing completion - here's the list of changes so far: ... Any comments on Version 0.9a - bugs or fixes needed that I'm not aware of?
The one thing that I had in both v0.8 & v0.9a is that I have never been able to get my binds to load automatically...

- On v0.8 I just renamed the names of the characters and used your existing character set. I then went and tried to adjust the virtual files to match but never got the binds to load automatically.

- On v0.9a I ran the wizards to register my characters and create a new character set and still I the binds don't load automatically.

As a work-around I just go into the Neverwinter/Live folder and copy the names of each bind file and manually load each bind file in each window and they seem persistent. When I tweak things I have to manually clear the binds and manually reload...

I think others have reported this problem as well. One thing that might be helpful would be if you were to create a new group on your PC and document the exact steps you have to do to get them to automatically load their binds as I have tried to follow the existing steps and think that something is missing (or I am not understanding something).

For v.9 I created a new group with Gf, 2Dc & 2Cw and detailed the setup in the guide - have you looked there recently?

As for the binds not loading, that is odd since it's kinda an automatic thing that Neverwinters Launcher and ISBoxer does - we really don't have to do anything but put the bind filename into the launcher as depicted in the guide. There isn't anything specific to a build that would preclude this. Are you using the exact bind filename as depicted in this screenshot? That's important...

If none of that helps, perhaps Lax can help?
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 pm

nodoze wrote:Very interested to see how you implemented fire-teams.

Well, there are essentially 3 teams. Team 1, 2 and 3 (by default - all of your party). You have an Action Group for each of them and you have movement keys to place them where you want and separate keys to mark their targets. When you attack, they fire on the selected targets from that location (unless they are melee at which point they close with the target). I use this alot when I want to clear a room without getting swarmed - just set two teams up to attack two separate targets and use my main to engage a third... usually all 3 targets go down about the same speed and then you just quickly focus fire down any remaining threats with team 3 (everyone). This is best for PVE, but in PvP you could really suprise someone with an ambush if your characters were positioned well. :twisted:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Re: BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

A little sad the ability to download the previous Beta Versions (v0.x) have been taken down now that v1.0 is released. I can see the advantage to taking down the old code but request the version history be added for posterity. This has been a long work of a devoted developer and enthusiastic user-testers and documenting the features that were added over time have value to anyone else contemplating developing anything near as complex (building-blocks, time-tables, etc). I would post the most current version history through at least v0.9a if I had it but at this point all I can find is a version history from somewhere around ~v0.6:

NeverBoxer VERSION HISTORY through ~v0.6:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[*]NeverBoxer_V_0_6_1920x1200_1280x768 (BETA) - Added "Mass Invocation" (0), Introduced "Follow
Until In-range" set to distance 20 relative to SLOT1 (Shift + V), removed 3 unused click-buttons,
added "Move Slaves in Party Formation (Alt+movement), added 3 party zoom modes
(Shift+Home=default, Shift+PgUp=In, Shift+PgDwn=out), added 3 slave-party zoom modes
(Ctrl+Home=default, Ctrl+PgUp=In, Ctrl+PgDwn=out), added Scatter - AOE avoidance `, & Regroup -
aka Un-scatter 'Shift + `', fixed random control glitch when switching mini-windows; turn off slaves'
homepage screen on load[/*]

[*]NeverBoxer_V_0_5_1920x1200_1280x768 (BETA) - unified merge of the 1920x1200 and 1280x768
versions; anyone wanting to use 1280x768 resolution needs to refer to "step-by-step" changes
detailed in the guide[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_4_1280x768 and Neverboxer_v_0_04_1920x768 - (BETA) added new VFX code to
allow for both 1920x1200 and 1280x768 resolution-ready VFX mini-screens[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_3_DL_version - (BETA) added 3 zoom modes (Home=default, PgUp=In, PgDwn=out),
UI JPG screenshot mode (Shift+printscreen), All chars zoom out to 75 FOV on load[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_2_DL_version - (BETA) removed 2 "strafing" attacks for ranged parties (Broken by
pre-release patch), fixed bad path to click-button image files[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_1_DL_version - (BETA) first beta version, 14 June 2013[/*]
Last edited by nodoze on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:34 pm

nodoze wrote:A little sad the ability to download the previous Beta Versions (v0.x) have been taken down now that v1.0 is released. I can see the advantage to taking down the old code but request the version history be added for posterity. This has been a long work of a devoted developer and enthusiastic user-testers and documenting the features that were added overtime have value to anyone else contemplating developming anything near as complex (building-blocks, time-tables, etc). I would post the most current version history through at least v0.9a if I had it but at this point all I can find is a version history from somewhere around ~v0.6:

NeverBoxer VERSION HISTORY through ~v0.6:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[*]NeverBoxer_V_0_6_1920x1200_1280x768 (BETA) - Added "Mass Invocation" (0), Introduced "Follow
Until In-range" set to distance 20 relative to SLOT1 (Shift + V), removed 3 unused click-buttons,
added "Move Slaves in Party Formation (Alt+movement), added 3 party zoom modes
(Shift+Home=default, Shift+PgUp=In, Shift+PgDwn=out), added 3 slave-party zoom modes
(Ctrl+Home=default, Ctrl+PgUp=In, Ctrl+PgDwn=out), added Scatter - AOE avoidance `, & Regroup -
aka Un-scatter 'Shift + `', fixed random control glitch when switching mini-windows; turn off slaves'
homepage screen on load[/*]

[*]NeverBoxer_V_0_5_1920x1200_1280x768 (BETA) - unified merge of the 1920x1200 and 1280x768
versions; anyone wanting to use 1280x768 resolution needs to refer to "step-by-step" changes
detailed in the guide[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_4_1280x768 and Neverboxer_v_0_04_1920x768 - (BETA) added new VFX code to
allow for both 1920x1200 and 1280x768 resolution-ready VFX mini-screens[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_3_DL_version - (BETA) added 3 zoom modes (Home=default, PgUp=In, PgDwn=out),
UI JPG screenshot mode (Shift+printscreen), All chars zoom out to 75 FOV on load[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_2_DL_version - (BETA) removed 2 "strafing" attacks for ranged parties (Broken by
pre-release patch), fixed bad path to click-button image files[/*]

[*]Neverboxer_v_0_1_DL_version - (BETA) first beta version, 14 June 2013[/*]

I'll post the version history - I have it all written down.

Sorry, but I simply don't have the time/desire to support/troubleshoot all of the different iterations, so I'll be staying with the most current version. :|
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:A little sad the ability to download the previous Beta Versions (v0.x) have been taken down now that v1.0 is released. I can see the advantage to taking down the old code but request the version history be added for posterity. ...
I'll post the version history - I have it all written down.

Sorry, but I simply don't have the time/desire to support/troubleshoot all of the different iterations, so I'll be staying with the most current version. :|
Understood which is why I only requested the Version History be re-posted. Just to be clear, while I am a little sad they are no longer downloadable, I also don't want to be helping debug the older version(s) unless there is a really good reason (my nature makes it hard to ignore requests for help).

Though I was stable on v0.6 & v0.8 & am stable/happy on v0.9 I am looking forward to v1.0+ & don't want to look back (much) ;-). I am glad you kept it & Thanks again !
Previous

Return to Neverwinter