FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zandokan

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:07 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Im either too sleepy or im a moron, but when I press V to get everyone next to me get to let say a mob and I start attacking him with my tank. My other dudes dont do anything they are hardlock on me so it says that I cant be the target of that spell.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 am

zandokan wrote:Im either too sleepy or im a moron, but when I press V to get everyone next to me get to let say a mob and I start attacking him with my tank. My other dudes dont do anything they are hardlock on me so it says that I cant be the target of that spell.

Still writing the guide, and this will be in there, but here's how combat typically goes. You move the party to wherever you want them to be a safe distance away from the target mob (example) using 'V'. Once you have them where you want them to be, start a ranged attack (say, using the F1 key). Your ranged party members will start attacking but staying in place while you move closer with your tank. Then as you use your mouse 1 and 2 attacks, the ranged will join in automatically with their mouse 1 and mouse 2 attacks. Press F3 for your ranged CCs from say CWs while your party finishes them off. At no point do you need to target or tell your party to assist you - they do it all automatically. If it's not working as I just described, then let me know.

Of course, you need to put the appropriate skills in the Q, E, R and 1, 2 slots of your characters to support the desired F1-F5, Shift F1-F5 attack modes. I will explain this in the guide. This is *very* similar to the idea behind ISPro, only much simpler since Neverwinter doesn't have the wide range of skills that WoW does or the robust macroing capability. But this setup still gives us 10 keys (F1-F5, Shift F1-F5) to populate with skill combinations to perform group DPS, CC, AOE, etc.
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:31 am

Yeah only sucky part is I dont have a range attack on my tank :(. I will try to go in with V when im set press F10 to stop them go in and attack if they dont do anything I will let u know.
<<

zandokan

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:40 am

I wish it did but no, on their screens it says Jennuine is not a valid target, which is my tank.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:03 am

zandokan wrote:Yeah only sucky part is I dont have a range attack on my tank :(. I will try to go in with V when im set press F10 to stop them go in and attack if they dont do anything I will let u know.

You don't need to press F10 to stop them. When you initiate combat using F1 (ranged DPS from casters, etc) they will stop right there and start their attacks. At that point you just run in with your tank and start beating the enemy with that sharp pointy sword of yours - and simultaneously the ranged casters will start joining in your attacks. Toss in an CC from the ranged while you're figting and it's game over for the bad guy. ^^
Last edited by Sylver on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:07 am

zandokan wrote:Yeah only sucky part is I dont have a range attack on my tank :(. I will try to go in with V when im set press F10 to stop them go in and attack if they dont do anything I will let u know.

Did you do step 4 of the setup?

"Step 4 – Customizing your Never-Boxer configuration in ISBoxer

You added your characters into ISBoxer in step 2. One thing that must be modified or checked is the name of your SLOT1, or main, character. This is the first character in your party (at the top). For the SLOT2-5 characters to follow the main character correctly, the SLOT1 character must ONLY use the prefix part of their name. (ie; Just the “Joe” of character named “Joe@Crabshack”) In contrast, the SLOT2-5 characters need to use their entire name (Bob@Crabshack, etc.) or in order for it to function properly. "

I experienced the problem you're describing because I had the whole character name "Joe@Crabshack" in SLOT1 instead of just "Joe". I don't know why Cryptic made it so that way - because most of the commands require the full name to work (invite, kick, etc).

Let me know if this fixes the prob.

EDIT: AS OF NEVERBOXER V.6 THIS IS NO LONGER TRUE - PLEASE REFER TO THE GUIDE, STEP-BY-STEP FOR PROPER SETUP
Last edited by Sylver on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:56 am

Yeah i did that, when I press F1 and I see the screens fron Slot 1, I see that every single one of my slaves say Jennuine is not a valid target or something like that even tho Im targeting something else is like since they are hardtargetlock on me is not going through idk tbh, I try a couple more things tomorrow when Im fresh.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:43 am

zandokan wrote:Yeah i did that, when I press F1 and I see the screens fron Slot 1, I see that every single one of my slaves say Jennuine is not a valid target or something like that even tho Im targeting something else is like since they are hardtargetlock on me is not going through idk tbh, I try a couple more things tomorrow when Im fresh.

Hmm, another idea to try. Sometimes I've noticed that the hardlock will stick and the only way to get it to release is to switch to the affected characters and press the control key. Neverwinter breaks hardlock with control - so give that a shot as well.

I put a new version with the graphic buttons in it. Do me a favor and see if you still get that picture not found error with this newer version... thanks! =D
- Sylver
<<

SoonerToucan

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 am

Keep up the great work Sylver!

In another post you talk about having 4cw and 1cd, is this still your setup or did you swap the dc for a GF?

I think my pc just might not have the horse power to run a 5 man. I can get 3 going fairly smoothly, but with five it crawls down to around 8fps and even then it tends to lock up. My pc is probably 2yrs old, but at the time it was pretty powerful. Do you think it could be a settings issue, or just not enough hardware HP?

What setup are you running and do you have any tips that might let me run the 5 man?

Thanks!
-ST
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks for the encouragement - I'll keep pushing forward with improvements. :D

I've been running both Devoted Cleric and Guardian Fighter as party lead - both work well; and the rest of the party are CW (DPS). The cleric gives me better control over heals, and the GF is of course a damage sponge.

I do have a rather beefy system - i3570k @ 4.5 GHz watercooled, 32GB RAM, 1.5 TB Hybrid SSD/HDD, dual ATI 7970 Crossfires. So I'm able to push 40-60fps on my main with 4 slaves in the background.

Did you read my performance guide for multi-boxing Neverwinter? It might help you squeeze more fps out of your rig: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165

Otherwise, if that guide isn't able to produce the results you want, I'd suggest reducing your resolution... but that will require you to go and resize the VFX screens (see the Part 5 VFX on where in the config to do that) to match the lower resolution.

Also, what kind of computer system are you multi-boxing with?
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter