FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zilch

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

understood. thanks. previously read the setup and great work here sir. but thought i had to download the binds file from somewhere. guess i shoulda just entered it in per the instructions. i asked mainly due to having tried the norrin GF and DC duo box config before finding your work and his binds.txt was downloadable.

/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt (added per step 3). also checked off fast load and disable auto patching like in your PIC / image on step 3...

another question, i am not 5 man boxing, if i wanted to box with a lesser number of toons, would i simply open the neverboxer_v_0_.x.zip.. extract the .xmls and then OPEN the ISBoxer Toolkit and then CLEAR settings in the character section, DELETE the additional slots for characters... also.. would i have to remove regions in the windows layout? .. would that dork up the keymaps and broadcasts?

previous posts talked about changing resolutions for lower performance pcs... yet did not mention anything about reduced number of characters and how to configure for that.

can you shed any light on that for me / us sir?

thank you so much again.

Zilch
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:00 pm

zilch wrote:understood. thanks. previously read the setup and great work here sir. but thought i had to download the binds file from somewhere. guess i shoulda just entered it in per the instructions. i asked mainly due to having tried the norrin GF and DC duo box config before finding your work and his binds.txt was downloadable.

/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt (added per step 3). also checked off fast load and disable auto patching like in your PIC / image on step 3...

another question, i am not 5 man boxing, if i wanted to box with a lesser number of toons, would i simply open the neverboxer_v_0_.x.zip.. extract the .xmls and then OPEN the ISBoxer Toolkit and then CLEAR settings in the character section, DELETE the additional slots for characters... also.. would i have to remove regions in the windows layout? .. would that dork up the keymaps and broadcasts?

previous posts talked about changing resolutions for lower performance pcs... yet did not mention anything about reduced number of characters and how to configure for that.

can you shed any light on that for me / us sir?

thank you so much again.

Zilch

Zilch,

You can use this for less than a 5-man... I dont know 100% if deleting some of the character slots will mess things up, but if you simply don't fill them with characters, it doesn't load them plain and simple.

Also, if you only have 3 characters, it should only draw 3 mini-windows at the top of the screen. I sometimes run with just two or three in my party since my laptop can't do a 5-man either and there I just get 2-3 screens, so it should work for you.

But if you want to cut the number of mini screens down or move them, then try the following: go into the keymaps and look at the Initialization keymap, you will see three maps there - one for 1280x768, another for 1920x1080 and the last for 1920x1200. Go into the one corresponding to the resolution you plan on using and you can modify the screen coordinates of all of the VFX windows there. You will find code that creates sources, viewers and also hides the VFX windows. Simply go to the ones that create the viewers for screen 1 (SLOT1) and you can reposition and/or resize them however you want. That's prob the fastest way to get down to 3 mini-VFX screens of your personal size and taste.

As for supporting a version with a reduced number of chars, I've designed this specifically for 5-man as the goal is end-game dungeons... You won't be doing any of those "solo" without a 5 man, sry. :cry: I do suppose that some people want to take their dual-box into a dungeon with guildies and play, so I can see the reduced number of characters being useful in that scenario.

I'll gladly help people size things down though, but I'd rather keep the guide as is, simple and as straightforward for beginners as possible. ;)

Hope that helps!
- Sylver
<<

Evilsquash

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Hey Zilch, I run a 4 man crew with no problem. I don't know if it is the right way or not but i also just ran the display wizard and have 1 window on my main screen and 3 on my 2nd monitor. It is working fine so far.
<<

zandokan

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Ok this is the list of the things I modified on my to work better with my setup or preference.
Key maps, Combat: I failed at making a Port Out option with Shift+S.
Non combat, 0,6, 7,8 and 9 broadcast to everyone. Like I said before these are things that I rather press 1 button instead of shift.
The ` for scatter I made it the other way around since when I use it I need to have my shield up so to scatter Shift ` and to come `.
ESC I broadcast, since so far I haven't seen anything that would screw me up.Is nice when you are questing and you want everyone to leave the NPC screen and there is no option for it.
I added 4 personal heals, and thats it.
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Evilsquash wrote:Hey Zilch, I run a 4 man crew with no problem. I don't know if it is the right way or not but i also just ran the display wizard and have 1 window on my main screen and 3 on my 2nd monitor. It is working fine so far.

Awesome - good to know! I might have to dig the second monitor out of the closet just to see for myself now :D
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:21 pm

I was also thinking of adding 2 key maps that would do /unbind_all and another one that does /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt since everytime I do some adjustments I have to unbind I was going to do it to NUM1 and NUM2.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 pm

I have to recommend not distributing ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML. I understand you're doing it because of the image files, and I'll see what I can do about that... (though they can just use the Quick Setup Wizard after installing your profile)

... but the paths stored in the file are not guaranteed to be the same as on someone else's computer either. And if someone already had a profile, maybe they had other images and other settings in this file and they will lose those
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:45 pm

lax wrote:I have to recommend not distributing ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML. I understand you're doing it because of the image files, and I'll see what I can do about that... (though they can just use the Quick Setup Wizard after installing your profile)

... but the paths stored in the file are not guaranteed to be the same as on someone else's computer either. And if someone already had a profile, maybe they had other images and other settings in this file and they will lose those

Lax, if I omit the file, will ISBoxer look in the Innerspace folder by default and find the images there? Since I'm looking at adding alot of graphics, menus, etc in the near future, what will be the best mechanism for me to deliver them with?
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:56 pm

zandokan wrote:Ok this is the list of the things I modified on my to work better with my setup or preference.
Key maps, Combat: I failed at making a Port Out option with Shift+S.
Non combat, 0,6, 7,8 and 9 broadcast to everyone. Like I said before these are things that I rather press 1 button instead of shift.
The ` for scatter I made it the other way around since when I use it I need to have my shield up so to scatter Shift ` and to come `.
ESC I broadcast, since so far I haven't seen anything that would screw me up.Is nice when you are questing and you want everyone to leave the NPC screen and there is no option for it.
I added 4 personal heals, and thats it.

Thanks for the inputs... I'm definitely going to add "Shift+ESC" to broadcast that key like you said - very useful!

I'm thinking I should leave "7, 8 9, -, + and Backspace" open for everyone. I know you use them and I'm sure alot of others do too.

I might move Invocation and Mass Invocation to another spot... the default Ctrl+I doesn't work well for some reason.

I'll invert scatter like you said - for shield users that makes sense...

Where do you have your heals bound to? I haven't gotten around to doing heals yet because I'm working on the trade-windows at the moment. Maybe I can use yours as an example. :)
Last edited by Sylver on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

zilch

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:32 pm

working well for me on my laptop... not a bad laptop (ALIENWARE) - but still doesnt hold a candle to my gaming rig....

im still encountering a problem though.. and i think it is related to the binds... inside of the Neverwinter\Live folder, i see all the isboxer-....binds.txt files for each one of my characters, and inside each there is no data... the times that the files were created coincide with me LAUNCHING my char sets... i did insert the /bind_load_file in the startup...

any ideas to point me in the right direction here?

also can sum1 post what the binds. file that is created should look like?

tks
Zilch
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter