FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New in ISBoxer 41.3.0530.1: Cryptic Studios Game Helper!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Re: New in ISBoxer 41.3.0530.1: Cryptic Studios Game Helper!

Ok so Lax. I'm still trying to get this to work. At the moment I'm just trying to two box until I get the hang of this. My second toon really won't do anything right. I'm attaching my paste in hopes you'll have a look. tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Paste ID a8ec65f409
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 pm

ecgric wrote:Ok so Lax. I'm still trying to get this to work. At the moment I'm just trying to two box until I get the hang of this. My second toon really won't do anything right. I'm attaching my paste in hopes you'll have a look. tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Paste ID a8ec65f409

Your Cryptic Macro Set looks fine, and is assigned to your Character Set. You ALSO additionally assigned it specifically to both of your Characters in the Character Set, which is not necessary since selecting the Character Set automatically selects all of the Characters in it. It doesn't hurt anything though, this is all technically fine and not part of any problem you're having.

The part that ISN'T fine is actually your Key Maps.

I see first of all that your Combat Key Map was generated with a bug that was recently fixed. (Recommend going into the Help menu in ISBoxer and select "About ISBoxer" and click the Download Update link it provides.) The bug is that it's supposed to be configured with 1 through =, but it's only assigning 1 to every single one of those. So I am sorry for that. The quickest way to fix those will be to open up the Combat Key Map (select it in the top left pane) and then in the bottom left pane, just delete the "Broadcast 2" through "Broadcast =". Then use the Mapped Key Wizard and set up Straight Key Broadcast for 2 through =, to all windows.

Now... the broken part relating to your Cryptic Macros, is in your Non-combat Key Map. Your re-maps from G600-G9 through G13 are only sending keys to Window:Current. So You're telling only the current window to assist or follow Slot 1. You can fix the Target on these to go to all windows or to window 2, etc. To do so, select your Non-combat Key Map in the top left pane under Key Maps; then in the bottom left expand for example "Re-map G600-G10" so you see Step 1 under it, and it shows "Alt+Num 1 -> self". Select that 1 under Steps, and you can adjust the Target for the Action, in the box to the right. This particular one (for following slot 1) would probably make sense to send to "Character Slot:2"
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Thx for the response Lax. I did what you recommended. Slot 2 still just sits there. Won't follow, assist nothing. Is it normal for my isboxer-binds.txt file to be empty? I have 3 files from isboxer in my NM/live folder. 1 for each toon and the isboxer-binds.txt file. The one for each toon has txt in it. the other does not.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Is it normal for my isboxer-binds.txt file to be empty? I have 3 files from isboxer in my NM/live folder. 1 for each toon and the isboxer-binds.txt file. The one for each toon has txt in it. the other does not.

Yes, that is how it should be. The isboxer-binds.txt file is a placeholder file. When you "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" ISBoxer will automatically, behind the scenes, have it load the CharacterSet-Character-specific file instead. If you did not "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" then your binds are definitely not loaded.

It is possible there's a bug with the automatic virtualization of the isboxer-binds.txt file, in which case the binds won't load... but I tested it in both Star Trek Online and Champions Online and it worked correctly, and I believe Neverwinter shares the same code for this...

You can check it by going to one of the windows, and first "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" and then do something like "/bind_save_file testbinds.txt". Then look at the contents of testbinds.txt. It should come out the same as what started in the per-Character file

ecgric wrote:Thx for the response Lax. I did what you recommended. Slot 2 still just sits there. Won't follow, assist nothing.

First of all make sure you can go into window 2 and press Alt+Num 1 and Ctrl+Num 1 to activate your follow and assist macros, because if not then whatever we do with your ISBoxer configuration is irrelevant.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:46 pm

You can check it by going to one of the windows, and first "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" and then do something like "/bind_save_file testbinds.txt". Then look at the contents of testbinds.txt. It should come out the same as what started in the per-Character file

I'll check this out too Lax... wanna confirm what's going on. Thanks for the troubleshooting assist...
- Sylver
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

ok so my testing file was this :

Alt+i "invite shawna"
Alt+1 "target faral$$follow"
F6 "HardTargetLock 1$$Target faral"
Button4 "+tacticalSpecial"
F12 "hardtargetlock 0"
F11 "setFollow 1"
F10 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Faral Darksbane"
F8 "hardtargetlock 0"
F9 "hardtargetlock 1"
F5 "ClickWindowButton_2"
F4 "ClickWindowButton_1"
F3 "follow"
F2 "assist"
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Shawna Shieldheart" /Bind F1 "Hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Faral Darksbane"
Shift+1 "(null)"
Shift+2 "(null)"
Alt+numpad1 "target Faral$$follow"
Control+numpad1 "target Faral$$assist"
Lbutton "(null)"
Joy7 "(null)"
1 "(null)"
Leftclick "+EvaluateLeftClick"
Rbutton "(null)"
Joy8 "(null)"
Rightclick "+PowerTrayExec 1"

and my isboxer-binds.txt is this :

Alt+I "invite shawna"
Alt+NUMPAD1 "target Faral$$follow"
Control+NUMPAD1 "target Faral$$assist"
F6 "HardTargetLock 1$$Target Faral"

umm much less in it
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah, when you dump your binds (save them to file) it includes any custom key bindings you configured within the game's key binding screen as well.

This does appear to that confirm the bindings from your ISBoxer file are loading correctly though.
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Alt + num 1 does not work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Code:
Alt+numpad1 "target Faral$$follow"

I'm not sure this is the right command to initiate follow in this game. That looks like it's from my STO/CO setups. The Neverwinter commands and targeting work a bit differently...

From other posts in this forum, it looks like people are using "setfollow 1"
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:00 pm

ok so I changed the macro to "setfollow 1" . She will only follow if I have her assist slot 1 first then hit my follow key. She will not attack my target though.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter