FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 7:42 pm

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

First credit where credit is due... Contributors in the 'Simple Target Char' thread deserve the majority of any credit for any of these setups as they unlocked the follow & assist commands in Neverwinter (kudo's especially to Norrin & gnetchem).

The goal of this thread is to maintain a list of NeverWinter Multi-box Setups so that new comers to NeverWinter can hopefully just "plug & play" without having to search through all the other threads... They can read about how the setup works and the intent/thoughts and go make their own if they want. I plan/hope to maintain a summary list of the configs people post and maybe make some general comments about what kind(s) of build(s) it supports and an estimation of the difficulty level to implement/use from a semi-non-techie standpoint.

I plan to take the guide(s) I see posted and put the best one(s) after the summary post so that people can have the necessary instructions to take the profiles and implement them. To date the following setups have been reviewed & shared:

• -Post #2 below: KISS (Keep it Super Simple) DUO Tank/Healer setup; The goal of this is to allow a new ISboxer to just import, make as few (well documented) changes as possible, and go have fun... This is based upon Norrin's setup he shared.
    `
  • -Post #3 below: Norrin's DUO of Guardian Fighter (GF) + Devoted Cleric (DC); Norrin gives a good walkthrough on how to re-create this by scratch. I was able to open two copies of ISBoxer with empty profiles side by side and after importing Norrin's in one and following his verbiage I was able to recreate his setup with my characters. That being said it is easier/faster to just import his and modify what you need to and go (which is what I worked on in in the KISS post #2);
    `
  • -Post #4 below: FionaCorp's 5man Control Wizard (CW) team; This shows good leverage of the follow/assist techniques shared by gnetchem & Norrin and incrementally adds things needed for more than a 2 man duo (things like Round Robin to rotate cool-down abilities across the slaves); Note that this isn't a full setup but rather sets of Key Binds that you can add to your setups to review/implement.
    `
  • -Post #5 below: Sylver's 5-man "Never-Boxer" setup; Sylver's ambitious full 5 man setup is out of Beta & the current model 5 man team consists of a Guardian Fighter, two Devoted Clerics, & two Control Wizards (GF+DCx2+CWx2). There are many commands & features implemented & it is very well documented with pictures & suggestions for modifying for your team and system though a word of warning that it is complex under the covers...
    `
  • -Post #6 below: Is reserved for additional Setups that others share;
Note that typically for automation of follow & assist you need to have alterations of both your ISBoxer Profile & your Neverwinter game binds.

Also note that when trying out new setups the following in game commands are helpful to load or reset your binds in the NeverWinter game client:

/clear
/Unbind_all
/bind_load_file binds.txt

Note: '/clear' will clear chat logs so you can focus on new messages;

Note: '/Unbind_all' will clear all binds you have made or loaded. Very important to clear your previous binds if you have previously loaded binds and have made changes;

Note: '/bind_load_file binds.txt' (or whatever name you gave your binds file) Will load your new binding and this seems Persistent across re-boots of the game client &/or PC;
Last edited by nodoze on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 17 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post 2: KISS (Keep it Super Simple) DUO Tank/He

Note: If anything below is confusing please let me know what improvements can be made to this post to help others...

This first Setup is for someone new to ISboxer and who may also be new to Neverwinter and is designed to be a "grab and go" 2 character Multi-Box (also called Dual-Box, Duo-Box, or 2-box however you want to say it). The goal was to keep it Super Simple (KISS).

The setup is 2 characters with the primary/Foreground window being the Neverwinter Guardian Fighter (GF or Tank) character & the 2nd character in the secondary/Background window is the Devoted Cleric (DC or Healer). Both characters contribute to Damage_Per_Second (DPS as the Cleric targets the GF's targets) and this setup has a Tank for damage mitigation and a Healer to keep the Tank up...

This setups assumes you have a single standard 1080p (1920x1080) computer monitor (if you have a different monitor setup you may need to run the monitor setup wizard to adjust accordingly). The following steps are recommended to implement this setup:

1) If you haven't already, download and install the Neverwinter game from Perfect World (you will need 2 accounts to play 2 characters):

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

2) If you haven't already, download & install ISboxer & get Inner Space (you will need an account):

http://isboxer.com/

3) Add Neverwinter to ISBoxer by using Add Game from Inner Space and pointing it at Neverwinter.exe.

4) Download the following 2 files at the bottom of this post & save on your Windows PC as follows:

- binds.txt goes in your Neverwinter\Live folder.

- NWduoGF+DC_1980x1050_v01.xml can be saved wherever you wish on your computer.

5) Run ISboxer & in ISboxer, clear all your current settings by clicking: File > Clear > (make sure everything is checked) > 'Yes, Delete them'.

6) In ISboxer, open the file 'NWduoGF+DC_1980x1050_v01.xml' by clicking: File > Open > selecting the file 'NWduoGF+DC_1980x1050_v01.xml' wherever you saved it > & clicking Open.

7) Run Inner Space and from ISBoxer click on File > Export all to Inner Space;

8) Launch the Duo by right-clicking on Inner Space icon in your lower windows tray by your clock & select 'ISBoxer Character Sets" and then "NWDuoGF+DC";

9) In the first Neverwinter game client window create a Guardian Fighter (if you name him/her Tankus then you don't need to modify any files). In the second Nevewinter game client window create a Devoted Cleric (if you name him/her Healus then you don't need to modify any files). If you use different names then you will need to modify your bind.txt file with your character names but shouldn't need to modify any other files. Personally I recommend only using First Names & no Last Names (no surnames).

10) In each Neverwinter game window type the command: /bind_load_file binds.txt (note that you should only need to do this once per window)

11) Enjoy your Duo. After getting the hang of it modify your team or create new teams as desired.

Note that the following commands are currently implemented:
  • -Hot_Key : Command : Description;
  • - Page Down : Next Window: switches to your next game client window;
  • - Page UP : Previous Window: switches to your previous game client window;
  • - Ctrl+Space: Others Jump : Makes the characters in all the other game windows jump (useful to do periodically when idle so you don't time out and get logged out of the game);
  • - Assist Mouse 1 & 2: Your Devoted Cleric (DC) will target your targets and assist you casting the at will spells that are bound to the cleric's mouse buttons on your targets.
  • - Ctrl+Q: Activates the Cleric's Encounter Power bound to Q;
  • - Ctrl+E: Activates the Cleric's Encounter Power bound to E;
  • - Ctrl+R: Activates the Cleric's Encounter Power bound to R;
  • - Ctrl+1: Activates the Cleric's Daily Power bound to 1;
  • - Ctrl+2: Activates the Cleric's Daily Power bound to 2;
  • - ` (apostrophe left of the 1 key): Has the Cleric Follow;
  • - Down-Arrow: Moves the cleric backward (breaking follow);
  • - Up-Arrow: Moves the cleric Forward (breaking follow);
  • - Right-Arrow: Moves the cleric to the Right (breaking follow);
  • - Left-Arrow: Moves the cleric to the left (breaking follow);
  • Note: "Double-tap" any of the above arrow keys to get the cleric quickly out of Danger;
  • - F8: Will have the slave/background window(s) release the hard target lock used in Assist & Follow (you will do this pretty often when looting chests and talking to NPCs);

binds.txt
binds.txt goes in your Neverwinter\Live folder per step 4 above.
(327 Bytes) Downloaded 3012 times

NWduoGF+DC_1980x1050_v01.xml
After clearing IS Boxer, load this into IS boxer per step 6 above
(153.85 KiB) Downloaded 2934 times
Last edited by nodoze on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post 3:Norrin's DUO Guardian Fighter (GF) + Devoted Cleric (

First thanks to Norrin for sharing this with the community !

Note: This was first shared by Norrin on Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 pm and the original post can be found deep on page 4 of the 'Simple Target Char' thread: viewtopic.php?p=17287#p17287

Note: This MB setup for Neverwinter is a complete ISboxer profile that Norin was using to Duo box his Tank (GF) & Healer (DC); If you save your current ISBoxer profile and click clear all you should be able to load this and study it. You could also likely use it after some changes (observations from memory below).

Observations: A duo is much simpler and the recommended place to start for those new to ISBoxer &/or NeverWinter. Of all the Duo options the Tank/Healer is probably the most basic and forgiving as the content is easy enough with a solo Guardian Fighter for the fist dozen plus levels and adding a cleric only makes it easier to survive and the cleric by default heals him/herself and the target... Norrin's setup looks to include 5 monitors so you will need to run the monitor setup wizard for your environment. In post 2 above I plan to turn my dual monitor setup (1920x1080+1920x1200) into a single monitor setup of a standard 1080p ((1920x1080) which will hopefully work for most uses.

Norrin wrote:I was going to write up another complete tutorial on getting Follow/Assist working but that guide is already 3+ pages and its half done.
So I figured I would give the abridged version here.

Here are the very high level steps involved:

1. Create a NW keybinds file that has the in game keybinds for Follow, Assist, Target, and Hard Target Lock.
2. Load keybinds in game.
3. Setup ISBoxer.

1. Create the Key binds file.
I assume you know how to have the game create a bind.txt file you (you can name it what you like, I named mine binds.txt).
Here is what is in mine:
Button4 "+tacticalSpecial"
F12 "setFollow 0"
F11 "setFollow 1"
F10 "Assist"
F8 "hardtargetlock 0"
F9 "hardtargetlock 1"
F6 "team IsBoxer is awesome"
F5 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot5}"
F4 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot4}"
F3 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot3}"
F2 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot2}"
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot1}"

Make sure to change the {Slot#} to be your actual character names in game.
Example:
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Bruce Wayne"

2. Load the bindings.
in chat use the command /bind_load_file {filename}.

3. IsBoxer Configuration
I attached my profile so you can see exactly what I did.
Here are the brief steps to get this setup.

A. Configure the Variable Keystrokes. You will need to update the Target Slot 1 - Target Slot 5 keys (or however you actually need).
You will also need to update those keys in the actual Character Variable Keystrokes as well. I found that if you do not update the actual characters the targeting will not work for some reason. Bug maybe.

Also update the Follow Target and Assist Target to be what you used in the binds.txt. In the example it was F10 for Assist and F11 for Follow.

B. Create two new mapped keys - NWCombat and NWNonCombat (The properties should look just like the others look at Non-Combat for an example).

C. In the NWCombat Mapped Keys use the New Mapped Key wizard to add keys for Mouse1, Mouse2, q, e, r, 1, 2. You could also add the other number keys used too.
Use the Assist and Broadcast type.

D. For the Mouse1 and Mouse2 keys just created, in the advanced section check the box to make them disabled when loaded. We will have a key to toggle them on.

E. For the other keys for the actual Hotkey used add a CTRL to it. So for Q it should be CTRL+Q now. This is my setup for Dualboxing. I don't have a simple
way for more than 2.

F. In the NWNonCombat create three new keys Follow, Assist, and Toggle Combat. You don't really need follow but I kept it separate in case I wanted to add something later. Make sure that the Hold Any Keystroke is set to off and the Execute a Step is set to release.

G. In the Follow add a step: Give it a Hotkey, I used ~
Key Map Actions -> New Do Mapped Key Action
Target - Window:Current (self)
Key Map - Non-Combat
Mapped Key - Follow Me

H. In the Assist add a Step:
Action 1: Add a new key map action (like the Follow) that calls the Non-Combat - Assist Me Key.
Action 2: Add a Keystroke action that sends F9 (or the HardTargetLock 1 from the binds.txt) to Windows: All w/o Current. (this step is what enabled assist to work in NW).

I. In the ToggleCombat Key add a some steps: Give it a hotkey I used Num-
Step 1: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps on)
Action 1: Add a Key Map Action -Add Mapped Key State Action.
Target: Windows: All w/Current
Key Map: NWCombat
Mapped Key: Assist+Mouse1 and set it to ON

Action 2: Do the same action for Assist+Mouse2 key
Action 3: Add a New Menu Action - New Menu Button Action (This will toggle the new button we have not yet created that indicated if combat mouse is on or not)
Target: Windows: All w/Current
Menu Button to Change:
Button 3 in Button Set Toggles. Click on the Arrow thing it will open a dialog. Select Button Set: Toggles and set button to 3.
Check the Images box and select Repeater On for Background, and repeater pressed for Background pressed.

Step 2: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps off)
Action 1 and 2: do the reverse of Actions 1 and 2 in step 1. That is turn the Mapped Key to off.
Action 3. Same as the Action 3 in step on only this time set the Background image to Repeater off, and background pressed to repeater pressed.

Hopefully that covered everything. Look at my config for an example.
You should notice that the default Repeater (Mouse and Key) now has 3 of them. The third one is for toggling the Combat mouse on and off. You will want to keep those off while not in combat as it really screws up clicking around with it on. Also not that once it is toggled on you have to use the hot key to turn it off. One the issues with using the mouse hot key is it for reason makes it so you cant click on any ISBoxer ui item.
binds_norrin.txt
This file goes in the the Neverwinter/Live folder. After it is in the nw/live folder, to load it in the game client type 'bind_load_file binds_norrin.txt'. Note that you would need to change the 'Slot1' & 'Slot2' entries to match your character's names...
(363 Bytes) Downloaded 2576 times

NWDualTeam1_Norrin.xml
This is a complete ISBoxer Profile for Norrin's duo. Note that you would need to change to match your monitor configuration & possibly character names (though technically I don't think they have to match in this file)...
(145.15 KiB) Downloaded 2706 times

Thanks again Norrin for sharing this with the community !
Last edited by nodoze on Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post4:FionaCorp's 5man Control Wizard (CW) team

First thanks to FinoraCorp for sharing this with the community !

Note: This was shared by FiornaCorp on Fri May 17, 2013 11:25 am and the original post can be found deep on page 5 in the "NW MB Teams' thread: viewtopic.php?p=17378#p17378

Note: This MB setup for Neverwinter is not a complete ISboxer profile but rather is the key binds added for Neverwinter ; You could load them into an existing profile by pasting them in to the Key Maps area to study them further.

Observations: This is a little more advanced than the duo setup that Norrin posted as it is for a full 5man group of Control Wizards. It is also somewhat hardware dependent as the gaming mouse that FiornaCorp has some macros that roll through the steps for on one button push but you could alternatively map them to a button and just push it multiple times (or try to have ISboxer execute a step on both push/release to cut the key presses into half). Her keybinds handles things that aren't required when doing a duo... For example it does much of what I had to do on my group of GF and 2+ clerics (namely it implements round robin on the q/e/r/1/2 abilities with cool-downs & for tab abilities which need to recharge such that they rotate evenly among the slaves to not blast them all at once... For those having issues with assist or follow in one button push you may want to study her method (My original follow was also a multi step process though I had to push the key manually each time as I don't have any macros setup on my mouse). Note also that two of the binds are done manually in all the nw game clients for assist to work.

FioraCorp wrote:
nodoze wrote:Do you have FTL & Assist working on NeverWinter for your 5 CWs?
If so, please upload your binds & ISboxer profile so that others can come up to speed without re-creating the wheel.

I do in fact! You can actually see my old videos on Twitch.tv you have to select the videos tab next to the chat box to see my past recordings or use this link: http://www.twitch.tv/fioracorp/b/404354357
Credit is given to those over at viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3957 (which is some of you guys) as I used information from this thread to get it going.

These are the binds I use on all of the CW slaves:
/Bind f5 hardtargetlock 1 " this will lock on to the highlighted target "
/Bind f6 hardtargetlock 0 " this will break the lockon"
/bind f7 target Rieta Coilbone " this will target the players name ingame "
/bind f8 follow " follow target
/Bind F9 Assist
--MANUALLY BIND--
Num 1 to at will 1 (as keystroke #2)
Num 2 to at will 2 (as keystroke #2)
-----------------
My 'Always on' Keymap and the combat keymap are uploaded.
In the Always on, F1 turns the combat map on and off.

I also uploaded a pic of my mouse's keybinds because it is very important in my setup.
On my mouse:
"Macro 1" is ' f5 ' 3 times in quick succession. This Locks/Points at my main/Follows.
"Macro 2" is numpad subtract ' - ' 3 times in quick succession. This Locks/Points at my main/Assists.
Num 8 turns on/off broadcasting.
Num 9 is for chatting on Teamspeak 3.
Button 8 is Alt+Ctrl+Shift+G for turning on the ISboxer GUI. I never use it.
The combat keymap must be switched off in order to do any effective mouse broadcasting because it essentially rebinds the left and right mouse action for all the other non focus windows.

Thanks for checking it out guys. If you have any ideas on how to improve/streamline let me know! I'd be happy to try them out and post a video of it too.
Binds_FionaCorp.txt
The binds that are listed above in the text. Note that two of the binds are done manually in all the nw game clients for assist to work.
(257 Bytes) Downloaded 2631 times
NWAlwaysONkeymap.txt
Note that you need to open this and then copy the full contents into memory and then paste them onto your keybinds to see them in ISboxer. They should NOT auto-assign to any of your teams so shouldn't cause problems unless maybe if you already have keybinds with the same name(s)...
(66.66 KiB) Downloaded 2622 times
NWCombatkeymap.txt
Note that you need to open this and then copy the full contents into memory and then paste them onto your keybinds to see them in ISboxer. They should NOT auto-assign to any of your teams so shouldn't cause problems unless maybe if you already have keybinds with the same name(s)...
(12.16 KiB) Downloaded 2624 times
Thanks again FionaCorp for sharing !
Last edited by nodoze on Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Post 5: 5-man Never-Boxer by Sylver

Sylver has an ambitious full 5 man setup for a full 5 man group coined 'NeverBoxer' that left Beta Testing on 8/1/2013.

His current model 5 man team consists of a Guardian Fighter, two Devoted Clerics, & two Control Wizards (GF+DCx2+CWx2).

Observations: As a beta tester I was stable on Beta versions v0.6, v0.8, & v0.9a & glad v1.0 is released. Sylver does a great job of documenting the multiple setup steps required and all the many features. That being said I wanted to give a word of warning that there are many moving parts and it can be a overwhelming to take in the whole picture & to debug issues if they arise... The best paradigm that comes to my mind is that I personally preferred learning to fly in a Cessna before I jumped into an F/A-18... If you want to open up ISBoxer and understand how it can control a few commands in Neverwinter I recommend doing that in a "Cessna" like the K.I.S.S. setup in Post 2 above with just 2 characters... If you want to just jump in and play with 5 characters from the get-go and don't want to understand how things are getting done yet are understanding that there may be some issues due to complexity then I would jump into NeverBoxer (which is more like an F/A-18 than a Cessna)... Personally I first used the KISS setup to take my 2man duo to 60 and made sure I understood what was happening under the covers before jumping into NeverBoxer... If I had to do it over again I would still do the KISS first but only do a few levels on KISS as a Duo and then do my full 5man with NeverBoxer much sooner. Unfortunately for me NeverBoxer wasn't around when I started my first duo (I have been multi-boxing Neverwinter from the closed beta till now).

Sylver's thread is in color with many pictures & annotations that would be extremely difficult to copy to here. In addition he has been updating it regularly such that any copies would be outdated pretty quickly so I recommend you go to the following link to view it:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400

Note: Sylver has been keeping the 1st post updated so you don't necessarily need to read the entire thread(s) to get the gist of the topic. If you have questions post them on his thread(s) and likely he or some of the others will answer them and he will update the original post if appropriate.

My last observation is that NeverBoxer is a more advanced configuration than the ones shared in posts 2-4 above and will likely need a strong system with modern hardware to run a 5man as smoothly as simpler duo 2-man setups though there is no reason why you can't run a 2man or 3man (or even just a single client) on NeverBoxer.

Thanks again Sylver for sharing to the community !
Last edited by nodoze on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Post 6: Reserved for Setups that others share...

Reserved for other Setups that are shared...

Hurry limited space so share before others do !
Last edited by nodoze on Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 19, 2013 2:31 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

During my tests, I ran a team of 2 (2x Clerics), a team of 3 (1 Guardian, 2x Clerics), a team of 4 (4x Rogues), and now my "real" team of 5 (1x Guardian, 4x Clerics). I still need to work on the assist thing however, specially with the cleric team.

A team of Rogues is funny, the leader (which is supposed to be in front of the others, thus drawing agro) needs pots sometimes, but the fights are sooo quick ! They just trigger their combat skills and/or dailies and if they successefully focus on the main target (which they generally do), then the fight is other already (even with the crappy weapons that they have)

About a team of tank+multiple Clerics, I found out that you can't cast more than 2 HoTs on the tank, which is odd since a Cleric can cast 3 HoTs on himself... Anybody knows if the nice spell they get at level 50 (the aoe damage reduction) can stack ? My team is in the ~20 level range so I'm not there yet.

My goal is to successefully complete dungeons, I mean the "real" dungeons, not the questline stuff, which are no problem. Also, I noticed that monsters have the same amount of HP if you solo the dungeon, of if your are a team of 5. Poor Kharzoff (sp?) lasted like 7 seconds vs my team of 4 rogues (the same fight lasted for 3 minutes with my Clerics duo)... I felt sorry for him :)
<<

nodoze

Post Sun May 19, 2013 1:23 pm

cmoidudu wrote:During my tests, I ran a team of 2 (2x Clerics), a team of 3 (1 Guardian, 2x Clerics), a team of 4 (4x Rogues), and now my "real" team of 5 (1x Guardian, 4x Clerics). I still need to work on the assist thing however, specially with the cleric team.

A team of Rogues is funny, the leader (which is supposed to be in front of the others, thus drawing agro) needs pots sometimes, but the fights are sooo quick ! They just trigger their combat skills and/or dailies and if they successefully focus on the main target (which they generally do), then the fight is other already (even with the crappy weapons that they have)

About a team of tank+multiple Clerics, I found out that you can't cast more than 2 HoTs on the tank, which is odd since a Cleric can cast 3 HoTs on himself... Anybody knows if the nice spell they get at level 50 (the aoe damage reduction) can stack ? My team is in the ~20 level range so I'm not there yet.

My goal is to successefully complete dungeons, I mean the "real" dungeons, not the questline stuff, which are no problem. Also, I noticed that monsters have the same amount of HP if you solo the dungeon, of if your are a team of 5. Poor Kharzoff (sp?) lasted like 7 seconds vs my team of 4 rogues (the same fight lasted for 3 minutes with my Clerics duo)... I felt sorry for him :)
Very interesting. I have done 1GF+1DC & 1GF+2DCs and noticed that the HoTs from the DCs stacked on the GF when cast from 2 different DCs. I hoped it would continue to stack with 3-4 DCs but didn't try more DCs than 2 as my FPS seems to degrade after 2-3 game clients are running. My current duo is only level 14 and I have mainly been doing questline stuff though I did do the 'Pirates at the backdoor Foundry quest and enjoyed that immensely on my duo. My other duo is still 12 but I am saving that one for when I am on with my kids (their characters are 12 also and I didn't want to get ahead of them so I had to start a new duo for when I am on alone).
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh, and also, I'm using 5x dogs, they seem to be very good at interrupting casts and skills (and they have a non-negligeable dps).
<<

nodoze

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm

cmoidudu wrote:Oh, and also, I'm using 5x dogs, they seem to be very good at interrupting casts and skills (and they have a non-negligeable dps).
I have read that at cap, especially in the dungeons (not the quest lines as much) that the only pets that survive and are worth having are the Ioun stones and the cat (I guess the cat doesn't engage or get hit). Can't speak to that personally since I am still lower level but thought I would pass that on.
Next

Return to Neverwinter