FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:34 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Gratz on the progress TonyO.

You'll find at 60 in the epics CC is badly needed for us, so you should at least get some alts on Invo+Leadership while you work on your main team. A second DC and a second CW in case you need them.

Hopefully the hunters work out, but for the tougher dungeons you need damn near 100% CC. Arcane Singularity will group them up, then steal time and icy terrain to keep them locked down. Even some of the regular pulls can be really tough.

This is what I am working on now, so far I have +15% from orb of imposition, +15% from the wisp and I think 5% from wisdom. I am waiting for the Cantankerous Mage to go on sale which will give me another 25% at epic and might even respec and give max wisdom since stun duration is so crucial to my playstyle. Only other thing I can find is the Valindra Artifact, but its still super expensive.

It will be interesting to see how your team does at 60. I'm really curious if a High DPS team will work for us.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Lemartes, That all sounds like solid guidance. When you get a chance if you can post what builds you recommend for CWs that would be helpful. You could start a new thread if you want and just do screen shots of things selected and items/stats to start the discussion. I have posted builds for GF & DC but don't know much about CWs.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't know much about CW's either, and I'm planning on respeccing since I'm sure my build isn't very good. Most guides really don't apply to us, since our needs and playstyle are so different for us to beat anything.

As i mentioned in the other post, Steal Time and Icy terrain are very good for us. With 2xIcy terrain always down I can ignore a lot of adds and they just get frozen very fast. If i don't attack them they stay frozen for a while. Steal Time also has a very nice stun, maybe 3 seconds, hoping to get it up to 4-5 with some more control upgrades. I usually open with Icy terrain and they stay Frozen till Steal Time unthaws them, but stuns them. by the time the stun wears off, Icy terrain is back down and freezing them again.

The other 2 powers I use are Ray of Enfeeblement on Spell Mastery, so it goes off when I toggle Divinity on and Off. 4 of them really seem to pack a punch. Last power is Fanning the Flame.

I need to learn how the whole smoulder mechanic works and how to spread it better and increase my AOE damage.

I have all the +Damage mechanics matching up pretty good now, where they all go off at the beginning of my rotation. I also use a Plague Fire and a Terror Enchant, so I usually open with Sun Burst / Icy terrain, so it hits everyone and they all get like -30% mitigation with the 2.

Still working on Boons, but i'm down to just needing the last one for both campaigns. Will be going back into dungeons soon, pretty confident i'll be clearing a few more. Made it pretty far into castle never on a test run. Pretty sure I can kill some bosses in there as I know what changes I need to make now. Even if I can't though, i'll be content farming Malabog for that 6 million diamond artifact he drops.
<<

lemartes99

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:34 am

Oh one last thing I forgot about the Wizards.

I use the champion mage armor, between that and Brutal Enchants on Defence they have 28K health. And they need it. Goal is to get them to 30K and raise defence some little more.

They take massive 20K+ hits sometimes. Soulforged is a must on them.
<<

TonyO

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 am

My first team is all at cap now, all five level 60. Using Lemartes99's recommended "AAA Grinder v2" foundry quest was really good for leveling. I liked it so much I created four similar foundries with mostly ogres, set in different areas. I won't advertise my foundries here, so send me a pm if you'd like to try them.
I stopped doing the main quest line at about level 40. Using only foundry quests, my team has mostly blue gear and mostly tier 4 enchantments. My companions are nearly all capped. Like lemartes99, I ran into a problem where I have power leveled my team to a point where I don't have enough astral diamonds to upgrade even one of my blue and green companions. I still have a lot to do.
Next, I'll use advice from another thread to generate Astral Diamonds (5 at level 14 leadership so far), go back to the main quest line to finish up everything I passed.
Soon I'll try out epics with my dps team at cap, but I will likely roll an alt team for epics since you gentlemen are probably right. Though I have had a blast running a high-dps team through foundries, one healer and one cw won't be enough for high end dungeons.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:02 pm

TonyO wrote:My first team is all at cap now, all five level 60. Using Lemartes99's recommended "AAA Grinder v2" foundry quest was really good for leveling. I liked it so much I created four similar foundries with mostly ogres, set in different areas. I won't advertise my foundries here, so send me a pm if you'd like to try them.
I stopped doing the main quest line at about level 40. Using only foundry quests, my team has mostly blue gear and mostly tier 4 enchantments. My companions are nearly all capped. Like lemartes99, I ran into a problem where I have power leveled my team to a point where I don't have enough astral diamonds to upgrade even one of my blue and green companions. I still have a lot to do.
Next, I'll use advice from another thread to generate Astral Diamonds (5 at level 14 leadership so far), go back to the main quest line to finish up everything I passed.
Soon I'll try out epics with my dps team at cap, but I will likely roll an alt team for epics since you gentlemen are probably right. Though I have had a blast running a high-dps team through foundries, one healer and one cw won't be enough for high end dungeons.

Congratz on 60!

Ya AAA grinder is pretty damn amazing, especially during foundry hour. While levelling one of my GF, I used that exclusively from level 11 to 60. I aimed for 10 levels a day, and could usually get that in about 2 hours as long as I hit a foundry hour.

Word of advice, invest in extra char slots now, and get a bunch of guys all working towards leadership. It really is the best diamond generator, and once you hit the Rank 7 / All Blue Companions wall it takes a crapload of diamonds for each upgrade. I wish I would have spent my first 2 weeks playing just setting up 20 level 11 guys for leadership, thats only a 5$ investment per account. Each Level 20 Leadership generates 100K Diamonds + 15Gold + 42 Blue Chests / 42 Green Chests (Sometimes More) a Week if you can do it twice a day. Conversion is 20G for 10K Diamonds if you buy Major Injury Kits and sell on auction. 20 guys will bring in more than 2 Million Diamonds a week. I can almost guarantee if you decide to really gear your team, you will add more leadership guys, so might as well start them now. At the very minimum start your 5 alts and get them to 11. Only takes 1 1/2 hours per guy, especially if you got the free Green Arc Wizard companion for each account.

Oh and, I would just start Sharandar and Dread Ring and start with those epics while you save up for T2 off Auction (Don't bother with T1 stuff, the expansion stuff is just as good). I wasted a crap load of diamonds buying useless gear when I first got to cap. Do some research and plan out what stats you need and go from there, there are soft caps for a lot of stats and putting too much into it is a waste. The expansion armour ain't half bad and you Can get Belt+Helm from Sharandar really quick, and Ring+Armor+Belt+Helm from Dread Ring pretty quick.

Also remember Weapon Enchants don't stack, so plan that out accordingly (1x plague Fire, 1x Terror, 1x Lightning and 2xVorpal is what i use)
For armour, just start planning for Soul Forged now... You will need it.
<<

Kicksome

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:41 pm

When doing the foundry quests to level up, do you just do it as fast as possible and make most of the exp off the turn in? I noticed there's still a limit on the kill exp.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 am

Ya I just plow through them. I tried waiting between kills but the timer seems to be quite long and I got less XP overall.
<<

Kicksome

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 am

Thanks guys, for the foundry tip - you guys saved me countless hours and weekend. I finally got one of my guys to 60! He under 30 the past several months. Everyone kept saying do the quest line - it takes FOVEREVER it seems like with 5 guys.

Once I get my 4 others to 60 (hopefully tomorrow), I think I'll focus on unlocking a few more character slots and work on leadership as lemartes99 suggested. I will just get the green healing guy from the IGN promo on a few of my accounts for $7 http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/neverwinter . Unlock a couple spots per acct and go from there. I guess you just single level them to 11? Not bot it (after the intro quests).

so 6 slots * 5 = 30 guys going at it.
<<

lemartes99

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:28 am

My first team I ran together the whole way to 60, whenever I start a new guy for leadership now though I just run them on their own to 11. I have the thing down to just over an hour to get to 11, especially since all my guys get a green promo pet or 2.

If you install arc you get a green wizard for free, and right now for 10$ of Zen you get a Green ION Stone. Just do a search for Neverwinter ARC Promo code and it will show up.

Edit: Scratch that, the Stone promo is over. Too bad as it was a good deal.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter