FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

lemartes99 wrote:Ok I might try out neverboxer.

I'm just using a super simple setup that sends the main keys to all chars. I made a key that makes everyone but the tank follow me and try to use that for AOE, but it doesn't work too well. I'll have to try making a scatter key.

Let me know if you find a way to get the tank to follow a mob, this would be ideal.
Even if you roll with your own config I highly recommend loading up Neverboxer and going through the setups as Sylver put a ton of work into it and it is pretty polished. I like the way it saves cycles on my graphics cards and lets me see my windows up front. I have made my own ISBoxer configs for years and done many of the things he did (like VFX etc) for SWTOR and other games but his is very well done and documented well... Rather than try to adapt my SWTOR setups I went with his as a base and then added my one key commands in my own tree.

One thing that I had never used in ISBoxer before was FireTeams... The use of FireTeams is pretty game-changing and he coded it nicely to where you can easily switch to having everyone attack the same target easily or have one team on one target and the other(s) on other target(s). I say other(s) as, IIRC, he coded 3 FireTeams but I personally just use two. That alone was worth it for me but there is so much more...

Regarding movement, in addition to scatter, Sylver also has some V, line, and other formations in there (though I personally haven't tested them).

TonyO wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:...Next for me, I'll read up the threads that nodoze graciously bumped for us (thank you, Sir!) to set up my single DC healing like a pro throughout tough boss fights. And now, for fire teams I'm thinking I'll use a toggle, say numpadDivide, that turns my q,e,r into fire-team commands. ...
I would look at the commands in Neverboxer as well and copy over the ones you like. I think there is value to make your own but studying what other people did can help.

Glad to help where I can and thanks for the thanks... Good progress on your team. Keep us posted on how things go. I have to go eat dinner with the family but will update the header when I can.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:23 pm

A minor victory this weekend, I killed the first 2 bosses in Malabog's Castle.

Died on the 4 wizards that spawned after that and didn't feel like going all the way back since I was in there a while. Will try again next weekend. Both bosses dropped a useless blue so not even sure its worth it unless they can drop better stuff.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:22 am

lemartes99 wrote:A minor victory this weekend, I killed the first 2 bosses in Malabog's Castle.

Died on the 4 wizards that spawned after that and didn't feel like going all the way back since I was in there a while. Will try again next weekend. Both bosses dropped a useless blue so not even sure its worth it unless they can drop better stuff.
Very cool and very ambitious.

Which of the following Malabog Bosses were you able to down?:
- Krol Nightforge (Cyclops);
- Malabog (Fomorian King);
- (Optional) Competing adventure party (5 Humans);
- Fulminorax (Elder Blue Dragon) and Valindra (Lich);

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Malabog%27s_Castle

If you got Malabog himself I would like to really understand your tactics and placement as in our guild I play the GF and the only way we were able to progress was with me running around like a crazy taunting chicken popping potions and stones as needed while our team (usually at least 2 CWs) focused on the rest... Once he summons the Cyclops I can't see duo'ing let alone 5-boxing (unless maybe with major AoE healing and CC) with the movement required with 5 active players makes it seem out of reach...
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Ok went back again today and made it to the Dragon this time, but died. Already played for too long so I gave up.
I think I have the place down pretty good now and figured out most of the mobs and how to separate the big pulls.

Really easy to die in there though, i'm gonna wait till I have soulforged on everyone before going back. Mabye I can beat some of the other T2's now. I don't seem to get anything good in Malabogs Castle anyways (Can't believe those bosses drop blues in there)

All I did for malabog is kill the adds whenever they come so i don't get overwhelmed. My GF will tank them while the pets keep the boss busy. The boss itself doesn't hurt me, its the adds that kill me since I get stunned. Its a very tough fight though. For the last wave of adds I ignore them and Focus on malabog since when he dies the adds disappear. (But then 4 damn wizards appear...)

Definitely need tank pets + a GF though. Going to get back to levelling my Ghost Paladins as even with 2 DC I take a ton of damage and could really use some extra healing.

I'm not sure if the Dragon will be doable, but still good news that some of the End Game bosses can be killed by us.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:07 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Ok went back again today and made it to the Dragon this time, but died. Already played for too long so I gave up.
I think I have the place down pretty good now and figured out most of the mobs and how to separate the big pulls.

Really easy to die in there though, i'm gonna wait till I have soulforged on everyone before going back. Mabye I can beat some of the other T2's now. I don't seem to get anything good in Malabogs Castle anyways (Can't believe those bosses drop blues in there)

All I did for malabog is kill the adds whenever they come so i don't get overwhelmed. My GF will tank them while the pets keep the boss busy. The boss itself doesn't hurt me, its the adds that kill me since I get stunned. Its a very tough fight though. For the last wave of adds I ignore them and Focus on malabog since when he dies the adds disappear. (But then 4 damn wizards appear...)

Definitely need tank pets + a GF though. Going to get back to levelling my Ghost Paladins as even with 2 DC I take a ton of damage and could really use some extra healing.

I'm not sure if the Dragon will be doable, but still good news that some of the End Game bosses can be killed by us.
Wow. Very Cool. I am going to count that as Malabog completed as most 5man groups don't even attempt the Dragon/Lich combo these days now that you can no longer bug out the Lich.

Malabog is an extremely difficult fight for our 5man guild (we are typically running with a GF (me) + 1 DC (not typically my duo) + 2 CW + 1 other DPS (usually a GWF but sometimes a Rogue or another CW)). We have not been able to clear the Dragon since the Lich bug is fixed so we have moved on...

Congrats, that is a huge win!
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:52 pm

TonyO wrote:... Here is my team now:
CW (42) Neverember Guard (Driving)
GF (35) Neverember Guard
HR (41) Cave Bear
HR (41) Helmite Paladin Ghost
DC (42) Helmite Paladin Ghost ...

I updated the Initial Post with your progress to date. Again I highly recommend you both try NeverBoxer and those key maps/techniques I brought back to the top of the threads...

Congrats on being the highest team on the way to 60 :D as most people that didn't make it to 60 stopped in their 20s and 30s...
lemartes99 wrote:A ... victory this weekend, I killed the first 2 bosses in Malabog's Castle.

... Both bosses dropped a useless blue so not even sure its worth it unless they can drop better stuff.
The main drops some guild mates were trying to get from Malabog was the weapon fragments to make the the best weapon sets in the game. I didn't pay much attention as I already have the GF Sword and Shield combo from Castle Neverwinter which is just as good but most people didn't have something equivalent. I am not sure as I already have an equivalent set but think it may require one of the new professions to make/finish the set (Weapon-smithing &/or Artificing ?).

Regarding loot, please re-review the link I posted previously as I think that those Bosses should drop some good purple loot and/or weapon fragments:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Malabog%27s_Castle

Maybe you have just been un-lucky or you need to run it during Dungeon Delves or something... Sorry for not paying close attention but I already have BiS gear on both my 60 GF (full Ancient Knight's set + CN Weapon/Shield) & on my DC (full Miracle Healer's set and these days I only get on NeverWinter when they are short a 1-2 people for dungeons);

Gratz on Malabog. I also updated the listings in the Initial Post for you and now your DC+DC+CWx2+GF team is in the undisputed lead with 4 instances cleared. You would have had 5 instances but I only have CT recorded as cleared by your original DCx5 team... That Initial Post now has 71 updates to date and is still counting...

Please re-review the Initial Post in this thread and let me know if I missed anything. Also, for posterity's sake and for motivational purposes, please post any missing screenshots of you team after your wins (many are there already)... I am still stuck in my 30s on my 5man team (CWx2+DCx3) that I am leveling to join my 60 Duo (GF+DC)... I have mainly been playing DDO since they released the Expansion and raised the DDO level cap but you may motivate me to grind the rest of the way...

Gratz again on taking the undisputed lead on the Neverwinter ISBoxer Leader-Board :mrgreen: !!!
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement Nodoze and good luck on your quest to 60. It truly is a chore getting a full team there, but rest assured if your going the 1xGF,2xCW & 2xDC i can guarantee that stuff is beatable. once you get there mabye we can thoery craft together and come up with some good Power/Feat/Gear combos as our gear requirements are very different from gearing a single toon.

You can add Cloak Tower to my Mixed team.
My team eats that place for breakfast now and I still run it sometimes during delves since it is a fast guaranteed kill.

Next time I kill Malabog i'll try to snap a screenshot. Problem is those damn Wizards kill me and by the time I get back and kill them his body is gone. I'll try to remember to get it as I deliver the Death Blow. (Or better yet, i could make a video, never tried that yet but might be fun. My new 8 Core Piledriver should be able to handle it)

Thanks for maintaining the leaderboard, i'll try to add another dungeon soon.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:34 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Thanks for all the encouragement Nodoze and good luck on your quest to 60. It truly is a chore getting a full team there, but rest assured if your going the 1xGF,2xCW & 2xDC i can guarantee that stuff is beatable. once you get there mabye we can thoery craft together and come up with some good Power/Feat/Gear combos as our gear requirements are very different from gearing a single toon.

You can add Cloak Tower to my Mixed team.
My team eats that place for breakfast now and I still run it sometimes during delves since it is a fast guaranteed kill.

Next time I kill Malabog i'll try to snap a screenshot. Problem is those damn Wizards kill me and by the time I get back and kill them his body is gone. I'll try to remember to get it as I deliver the Death Blow. (Or better yet, i could make a video, never tried that yet but might be fun. My new 8 Core Piledriver should be able to handle it)

Thanks for maintaining the leaderboard, i'll try to add another dungeon soon.
Cool and thanks and more than glad to do it. If you can start recording and uploading to youtube that would be huge.

My theory crafting from the betas was that optimum 5box teams were somewhere between the following:

-GF+DCx4 (slow & steady heal through everything approach for all non-healing bosses);
-GF+DCx3+CW (still heal through most everything but add some CC via chain-cast AS build);
-GF+DCx2+CWx2 (Balanced heal and CC with hopefully enough DPS to bring down self-healing bosses);
-GF+DCx1+CWx3 (minimal heal and major CC/DPS for extreme self healing or rage-time-bomb scenarios)*;

I personally saw no need for any of the non-ranged classes and unless HR are much more DPS than CW I would likely still focus on CWs for CC and still high DPS... Bigcarl proved, at least back then, that a single wizard can chain-cast Arcane Singularity but that may not longer be possible after the multiple changes (for example my single 60 DC can no longer maintain 100% up-time of Astral Shield like I could before the changes)... Even today none of the CW in my guild can maintain 100% AS by themselves but we usually run at least two CW in guild 5mans and they keep AS up near 100% pretty easily... I think BigCarl's CW was at/near max GS back then and that was his main that he ran through all the 5mans with groups of real people before trying boxing (and that was before the many changes)...

If/when I get my 5man up to 60 to join my duo I will have GF+DCx4+CWx2 to mix and match and can do any of the above except the last one marked with * (which I thought was least likely to be optimal). You actually doing it makes it less of a priority to me as I get to help where I can and feel vicariously successful. That is actually a good thing as my kids and I are really enjoying DDO right now. I am glad to not feel pressured to grind from 30s to 60 on my Neverwinter recruits to join my 60s so I can focus on DDO with my kids for now (thanks again!)... Regarding DDO, in case you are curious, I don't recommend it for multi-boxing... Since there is no follow in DDO you can't really effectively multi-box in DDO though my kids and I typically have a 4-6man team in the dungeon for the XP and max chest loots for our time plus it allows us to have all the buffs and a pocket rezzer at the entrance if we wipe... DDO does scale by the number in your party which makes a 1-3 man team with 3-5 "pikers" at the entrance challenging but I like the challenge (and the 6 chances at rare drops plus I can level multiple theory-builds at once) so even when solo I often 6 box (with 5 pikers)... Besides being an old DnD PnP guy, the other reason I like DDO is the complexity of builds and multi-classing as really I am a researcher & theory-crafter at heart... I like envisioning things and proving them (or even better having them proven by others) so I can work on to my another project/vision (thanks again)...

Update number 72 in place from your friendly neighborhood historian, beta-tester, & theory-crafter & you now have 5 recorded conquests for your current team (gratz again)!
<<

TonyO

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 pm

nodoze wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Thanks for maintaining the leaderboard...

Yes, I also appreciate you maintaining this thread, tracking the teams, and capturing a ton of useful information for Neverwinter boxers.

nodoze wrote:My theory crafting from the betas was that optimum 5box teams were somewhere between the following:

-GF+DCx4 (slow & steady heal through everything approach for all non-healing bosses);
-GF+DCx3+CW (still heal through most everything but add some CC via chain-cast AS build);
-GF+DCx2+CWx2 (Balanced heal and CC with hopefully enough DPS to bring down self-healing bosses);
-GF+DCx1+CWx3 (minimal heal and major CC/DPS for extreme self healing or rage-time-bomb scenarios)*;

I personally saw no need for any of the non-ranged classes and unless HR are much more DPS than CW I would likely still focus on CWs for CC and still high DPS...

I agree with you're theory, so far, but I would like to add another line for a high DPS team:
-GF+DC+CW+HRx2 (minimal heal and CC, major ranged DPS, short fights);
It turns out my HR are in fact much more DPS than CW after level 30 or so. And HR get some ghetto cc skills (vines and snares), albeit no match for the CW in cc and stuns. Hardly worth mentioning, but HR have about 5% more hit points than CW, so HR can stay up a couple seconds longer in toe-to-toe combat if they get pulled into melee range. That's negligible in comparison since neither HR nor CW belong in melee range. HR have a decent set of melee skills but I never use them because they are just too squishy for boss fights. Nonetheless I'm liking my ranged DPS mix (1CW+2HR). I subscribe to the theory that with high enough ranged DPS we will kill them quickly before they kill us (most of the time) and fights don't last very long. We'll see how that theory holds up at cap.

Here's my team now, at about 50:
CW (52)
GF (49)
HR (50)
HR (51)
DC (51)
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:21 am

TonyO wrote:
nodoze wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Thanks for maintaining the leaderboard...

Yes, I also appreciate you maintaining this thread, tracking the teams, and capturing a ton of useful information for Neverwinter boxers.

nodoze wrote:My theory crafting from the betas was that optimum 5box teams were somewhere between the following:

I personally saw no need for any of the non-ranged classes and unless HR are much more DPS than CW I would likely still focus on CWs for CC and still high DPS...

I agree with you're theory, so far, but I would like to add another line for a high DPS team:
-GF+DC+CW+HRx2 (minimal heal and CC, major ranged DPS, short fights);
It turns out my HR are in fact much more DPS than CW after level 30 or so. And HR get some ghetto cc skills (vines and snares), albeit no match for the CW in cc and stuns. Hardly worth mentioning, but HR have about 5% more hit points than CW, so HR can stay up a couple seconds longer in toe-to-toe combat if they get pulled into melee range. That's negligible in comparison since neither HR nor CW belong in melee range. HR have a decent set of melee skills but I never use them because they are just too squishy for boss fights. Nonetheless I'm liking my ranged DPS mix (1CW+2HR). I subscribe to the theory that with high enough ranged DPS we will kill them quickly before they kill us (most of the time) and fights don't last very long. We'll see how that theory holds up at cap.

Here's my team now, at about 50:
CW (52)
GF (49)
HR (50)
HR (51)
DC (51)
Thanks and glad to help. I updated the Initial Post. I will assume you are still driving from the CW unless you indicate otherwise.

The real test will be 5mans at cap. The two biggest problems seem to be the adds and healing/staying alive in general.

Regarding Healing, so far the only teams able to clear 5 mans have had at least 2 DCs (2 teams had DCx2 & one had DCx3). One team with GF+CWx3+DC was very persistent and tried many times but kept getting overrun with adds and I think gave up on 5mans (I don't think he leveled up some alternates to try one more DC or what not)... My experience with regular 5mans has been that 1DC is enough but my theory is that for multi-boxing 2 is better/more-forgiving but hopefully you will be able to clear 5-mans with just 1 DC.

Regarding CC for the many Adds, the main ability from CW that is needed is the Arcane Singularity (AS) which is like a mini-Black-Hole that sucks all the adds to it. BiggCarl's team was able to achieve Add control with only 1 CW but that was his main that he adventured on/with in regular non-multi-boxing 5mans and was top geared at the time (13000+ GS?) and pretty much able to 'chain-cast' AS to keep one out near 100% locking down the adds so his party could succeed. In my guild no-single CW can do that (most of their GSs are 11000 or below though & they likely have different specs than BiggCarl) but we usually roll with 2 or 3 CWs in our 5mans and by alternating they can easily. With the many changes/nerfs since BiggCarl pulled that off with only 1 CW, I don't know if a single CW, with right gear & spec, can still achieve 100% uptime for Arcane-Singularity... If not then it will be important to see how the HR ghetto CC compares to Arcane-Singularity...

I am hopeful for your team as more options is better for the community. It would be nice to have a viable option that is "strong offense over defense". If you get stuck on a particular instance that has been successfully cleared please post your progress/observations and pain areas and we will do our best to help (with Lemartes obviously having the greatest hands on multiboxing experience/success in 5mans). I would initially stick with ones that have been cleared successfully until you cut your team's teeth and know the team can achieve benchmarks other teams have already met with CT & CC being likely best places to start.

Please keep us posted on our progress. Definitely let us know when your entire team makes it to 60 and especially once you start doing 5mans at cap (though you may want to start with skirmishes first).
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter