FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISB42 Standard SHIFT (out of order)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wargpack

Post Sat May 18, 2019 2:31 am

Re: ISB42 Standard SHIFT (out of order)

I just deleted the xml's but problem persists after reloading.
I checked in Programs and features and it does look like i have 2 x inner space in there,
is that normal? Both are version 1.16 build 6423 but one is 25,6MB and the other is 24,7MB.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 18, 2019 2:39 am

And did those files you deleted get recreated when you Exported to InnerSpace again ?

It's not Programs and Features that matters, it's whether you have multiple installs on the hard drive. Programs and Features is a bit weird, but it will be showing two installs because one is the patcher and the other is InnerSpace. If you have multiple installs of InnerSpace, programs and features would not show you this. It would be more a case of, in your profile, it shows where it will be exporting to

And then as long as your running InnerSpace shows the same location (or at least the beginning part), then it should be OK, and I'd have to assume something else is going on and perhaps you should just remove the whole lot and start again.

<<

wargpack

Post Sat May 18, 2019 3:02 am

It is exporting to the correct place. Wether it is exporting correctly or not is another story i think. I don't have other installs than the one. So you're saying i should just try and redo it(again)? No problem, but don't you think it will just lead to the same place if i take the same old road? I guess i can do without although it is/will be a hassle.
<<

bob

Post Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 am

Well, the configuration you provided worked correctly for me. And you say the debug output is showing it not working correctly for you. So, if the exports are going to the right place, and they've been recreated, after deletion, then it would seem to be something very strange. You are right, maybe treading the same path wont work. Maybe you could try restarting your computer if you haven't already done so. I don't really have much other option for you at this stage, because from where I'm sitting, it should work correctly.
<<

wargpack

Post Sat May 18, 2019 3:13 am

I did try with a restart hoping it would flush some stuff i guess, alas no sutch luck. Will have another crack at it tomorrow, thanks so much for the efford though! :)
Last edited by wargpack on Sat May 18, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wargpack

Post Sat May 18, 2019 12:26 pm

So i did it all over today and shift still wont respond, so i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it must be something with how the bar is setup. Can i get a step by step of how to set up a menu bar like it please? Or is there a way to manually export it to innerspace maybe?

What i have done today:
Restarted my PC.
Opened ISBoxer, exported to inner space.
Launch my character set, debug(it still didn't work).
Turned off my PC.
Turned on my PC.
Deleted InnerSpace and ISBoxer completely.
Reinstalled InnerSpace and ISBoxer.
Used the Quick Setup Wizzard. Did the standard shift key setup again, button resizes and background window mute options.
Launch my character set, debug(it still didn't work).
Post this.

I am really at a loss here, there is no possible explanation for this that i can think of. Here is my current setup for good measure.
https://ybin.me/p/6dbddad344fa8d3e#lHDW ... YtJYuOgl4=
Thanks again for trying to help, greatly appreciated!
<<

bob

Post Sat May 18, 2019 4:08 pm

So, I once again, took your profile, exported it directly, and ran with it (no change other than the window layout to match my monitor). My results are
Image.

So much so that I know your first and second buttons on the shift bar is also set to sent SHIFT+1, rather than SHIFT+1 for the first and SHIFT+2 for the second. I'm not sure the problem here is ISBoxer. Do you have anything that could possibly be intercepting the clicks for that particular bar? I notice you are using a DPI scale of 200%. Is it possible that the clicks are not actually registering on where the bar is located? i.e. Have you configured ISBoxer Toolkit AND LOTRO to set the System option for the High DPI override (exit and restart after doing this)? How about trying a DPI scale of 100%? In either case you will need to create a new Window Layout to test it out after changing either setting - use the Window Layout Wizard.

To set the Override DPI scaling, you need to find each executable, right click on it, and select Properties, Compatibility, then tick the Override box, and select System from the list (not System Enhanced). Do this for both ISBoxer Toolkit.exe (you can do this on the ISBoxer Suite shortcut on the desktop) and lotroclient.exe (and/or lotroclient_awesomium.exe if you are using the Legacy option in the launcher) - for these, you need to find the exe in the Lotro install folder.
Note: for versions of Windows 10 more recent than my install, you have to click on a button on the Compatibility tab to get to another screen to set this option.
Previous

Return to Menus