FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

To anyone using ISBoxer to farm bosses

Moderator: MiRai

<<

JackHandsome

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:34 pm

To anyone using ISBoxer to farm bosses

Hey,
I got interested in ISBoxer for the sole purpose of sweet window management with 6 accounts and thought it would be a nice little extra to be able to move all the chars at the same time for porting.

After 4-6 hours of trying to dabble with the Though came to a conclusion that I'm way more effective with just 6x vanilla windowed screens without isboxer, though it seems more resource intensive (and takes lots of screen space) to me and seems to dc all the guys out more often.
I already gave up trying to move the characters in sync. Found it extremely problematic when one of the guys always moves to the opposite direction and I don't want to move my main char, just the weenies. To Merveil's lair and out after it's finished.
I still would like to have the great window management and auto-start for clients.

I have 2 problems with this:
1) When I want to click the weenies into partol, but swapping between the windows is slow when I want to port the guys, since it always makes the chosen screen a new main screen and starts resizing. I would like them to stay as small screens all the time.
2) There's an area in my screen I just cannot click. At all. Cannot invite the guys on the upper part of my friend list to the party.

I'm sure it's not the softwares fault, but mine, but all this seem pretty overwhelming at first.

Any tips from people currently doing this to possibly speed up their boss farming? Is this just too fancy for my needs and would I be just better off without it? How do you manage it and how does ISBoxer help you in the said activity?
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:01 am

Re: To anyone using ISBoxer to farm bosses

If you can't click an area it's because the size of this windows doesn't match the others. You might want to check that they are all 1027x768 (for example) with the same video parameters.

Also, you can use a key to go to next window (like F1), or assign key to each window (F1 to F6). Personally I'm a "click on a window" guy, with all the windows dispatched on my screen, just like you. I'm not a "one window on top of the others" guy ;)

Return to Path of Exile