FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't load PoE Anymore?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Infested88

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Can't load PoE Anymore?

So I load up my character sets and I get Unable to Connect to Patch Server.

Although there is no patch to DL and I can run teh game on it's own, this only just started happening.
<<

Infested88

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 am

Re: Can't load PoE Anymore?

Usually when you pay for something you receive some type of customer support?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 am

:roll:

Sometimes when an issue like this starts for someone, it's good to wait a little while to see if anyone else reports the same thing. You're the only one so far, or others would have responded saying they have the same problem; so from here we have to assume that there is some issue on your PC, but not others. This means that whatever the issue is, you're actually the most likely person to solve it...

It could be that a reboot could solve the problem. It could have been an issue with the patch server at the time. I don't know if you installed something else recently. I don't know if you have firewall or internet security software that started blocking it after the game updated (the new .exe file is treated as a different program than the old one, by a lot of security products).

I can begin to rule out other software if you provide ISBoxer's "Diagnostics for game crashes" (see Diagnostics for instructions)
<<

janjaum

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:24 am

Works flawlessly here, used it last time yesterday.
Try deleting your game settings at (default location) C:\Users\Yourname\My Documents\Path of Exile (delete everything)
Then rename your actual PoE installation folder to something else.
Then recreate your ISBoxer profile for PoE.

These should resolve the issue.
<<

Infested88

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 am

janjaum wrote:Works flawlessly here, used it last time yesterday.
Try deleting your game settings at (default location) C:\Users\Yourname\My Documents\Path of Exile (delete everything)
Then rename your actual PoE installation folder to something else.
Then recreate your ISBoxer profile for PoE.

These should resolve the issue.

Resolved.

Thanks a pile mate. =]
<<

Infested88

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 am

lax wrote::roll:

Sometimes when an issue like this starts for someone, it's good to wait a little while to see if anyone else reports the same thing. You're the only one so far, or others would have responded saying they have the same problem; so from here we have to assume that there is some issue on your PC, but not others. This means that whatever the issue is, you're actually the most likely person to solve it...

It could be that a reboot could solve the problem. It could have been an issue with the patch server at the time. I don't know if you installed something else recently. I don't know if you have firewall or internet security software that started blocking it after the game updated (the new .exe file is treated as a different program than the old one, by a lot of security products).

I can begin to rule out other software if you provide ISBoxer's "Diagnostics for game crashes" (see Diagnostics for instructions)

Hey Lax, I apologize if I come off like a d*ck for that comment.

Usually something said around those lines, will bring someone to the table to post and it did.

Thanks guys.

Return to Path of Exile