FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Class/Builds/Sync

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Class/Builds/Sync

Its a pain but the pathing issues in poe dont let toons stack up and sync like in diablo3, the only work around ive found is to just run them into walls alot more offten, and put number bottons on each screen so i can tell witch one is out of sync to swap to and correct its postion.

Hit me up tag " Totemstomper" iam on at nights pst
<<

Magicme294

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 am

Thought I'd chuck in my 2 cents.

I only got ISBoxer a week ago, but I've been fairly successful so far. I'm boxing 4 dual ice spear totem witches at level 63. Currently able to farm merciless docks easily on them (have to watch out for yellow dogs, but that is more of a gear issue than anything, a couple of the witches die very quickly). The kill speed isn't too far off my LA mara, who I am also farming docks with. Haven't tried all 5 at the same time (in docks, I did in ledge while levelling), I think I will once I upgrade my computer though. Lightning arrow + 8 IS totems drops my FPS a lot.

A few things I've learnt:

Progression is annoying with the totem witches, so I did things the easy way; solo'd quests on the LA mara and just brought in the witches to pick up quest items so they could progress to the appropriate levelling area.

Before level 31 I was only boxing 3 (the other witch I levelled solo as my first character) and I found ice nova to be effective at lower levels. Just run the chars through an area until you get a nice group of mobs, aoe them down, rinse repeat. This didn't work so well in act 3 normal, where I did city of sarn until 29 with this method and then pub docks solo on each char till 31.

Syncing can be annoying (particularly in docks for some reason). I usually drop my totems and then swap between screens, moving all the characters close to each other so they're ready to move once everything's dead. The suggestion of running into walls / corners a lot is a good one, it works. If anyone has a better method I'd be very interested!

I'd say summoner would be effective (though perhaps taxing on performance, depending on your computer), but apart from these two builds I don't know if there are any other 'easy' builds to multibox. I found ranged builds easy to dualbox, but anything higher than that became a bit too frustrating for me.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:20 pm

My 4 box team is 60s as of the other night progression doesnt seem to be to bad with mass spark dual totems, and zombies for meat sheilds keeps random mobs off my team, I still have to sit down and sell off my 3 pages of skill gems lol
wish there was a ah =P
<<

Magicme294

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:51 am

The problem I had with ice spear was small indoor areas, where I think spark would work a lot better. I did consider spark + some summons to protect, glad to hear it works :)

And yeah, the amount of loot that drops with 4 chars is pretty nuts. I might have to try some spark totems, shock would be nice!
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Run 1 toon with dual curse totems + passive for 2 curses + ring with 1 extra curse to monsters can get up to 5 curse to stack if you want to spend the runes for it,
1 with ice spear for aoe frezzing /cc
2 with spark to keep shock stacks up and its preety op as hell

the zombies + skells summons are op as hell in open areas but in tight mazes its just a blocking your team alot
<<

Magicme294

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Curses on the totems hey, that is interesting. I'll try that

I'll have to level raise zombie up a bit, and might change out a couple of ice spears for sparks and see how it goes. Cheers!

Do you bother taking minion nodes?
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm

dont need minnon nodes when you run with 4 summons lol gets to many mobs besides there just meatsheilds, keep 1 ice spear with support gem , that spreads effects to nearby mobs, funny as hell seeing 1 totem chain frezzin a large pack
<<

Rjmig88

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm new to Path of Exile in general and I've just started multiboxing Path of Exile. I'm currently running a team of 6 witches (currently level 18) on the default league - one a necromancer that will go into dual(possibly 3 curses) and have a lot of auras up, and 5 dual totem speced guys, one frost, and 4 lightning. For those who are running witches, how are you building them? Life/armor/es? Or are you doing CI/ES witches? What are the pros and cons?

I'm kind of thinking I might go the chaos inoculation route. Life builds are easier to acquire decent gear for but after multiboxing I found out you are penalized on run speed depending on what chest, shield, boots, and helmet you wear. I find controlling my characters so much easier if they have the same type of gear and thus same movement speed, so with both builds I'll pretty much have to get the same gear anyways. The other issue I am running into life builds is flask recharging. Certain characters currently on my team are much more likely to get the killing blow (due to gear differences and especially the one that is my active character.) If I went on an ES build my theory is the quick out of combat recharging will help a lot. Most the times my active character ends up being in front of the pact so they would be the ones blowing flasks, and also getting the most flask recovery as well. CI will also make it a lot less annoying having to deal with chaos damage, which is harder to tell if you are taking any with all the chaos on screen from 6 characters worth of summons/etc and the low graphics settings.

CI will probably give great flexibility on end game gear as I'll just have to focus on resists, a good ES value, and don't have to worry about life and chaos resistance mods on a piece of gear. Last night leveling up the witches I've obtained about 5 GCP worth of orbs. How far would those go in getting all of them equipped for merciless content or good content for a while?

What is everyone's thoughts?
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 am

(see my updated team and comments on page 3 of this thread)

Long time no post...

My team is now a 6-templar with Dual Totems, getting close to 70. I'm using 3(x2) Ice Spear+LMP/GMP+Faster Casting Totems, 2(x2) Spark+Fork+Blind Totems, and 1(x2) Decoy Totem. So basically I...

- Advance my team,
- Cast Totems (and Curse of Elements),
- Yawn,
- Loot.

Still PoE is not very multibox-friendly. Moving my team in order at the Merciless Docks is a pain. I always spend time to regroup, and this is usually when some rare Voidbearers with increase movement speed come and chew my team... Ah well, this doesn't happen that often. Most of the time, mobs can barely kill my Decoy Totems ;)

Of course I have all 7 buff auras (Purity, Vitality, Discipline, Haste, Grace, Determination, Vitality). Damage Auras (Hatred etc.) doesn't work with spells and totems.

This is my build for level 70 (86 skill points) :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skil ... d2nrlKfQ==
Last edited by cmoidudu on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lancestrike

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:40 pm

minor hijack but you guys seem to have the game running properly, and I could use a hand. none of my other windows are following any move or attack commands. drinking flasks talking looking at the map all are working on the other boxes, just moving and attacking don't go through
cheers
PreviousNext

Return to Path of Exile