Moderator: MiRai

<<

DrMetman

Post Sun May 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Having a few issues with my config

Here is the giant mess I created...
https://pastebin.com/vybg1n5r

Trying to box 6 toons in EQ.

I have a heal bar which works amazeballs.

The buff bar despite being being set to hotkeys which are /target character_name still have very off behaviors - certainly not as effective as the healing bar.
The Extended Window bar I made also has very wonky behavior. It does not always target what it should be targeting. They are set to Virtual Keystrokes to hotkeys that /xtar # - which work as expected when pressed manually. Tried using keystroke actions - with the same result - clearly overlooking something.

Thoughts? What I am missing? I tried to mirror the healing bar. This is my third attempt (literally started completely over three times to learn) and getting frustrated.

Also.. added bonus I cannot enter numbers any more even with key maps off - which is a problem because I have numbers in my passwords so.... can't login with this profile loaded. I assume it is because I have 1-0 / - / = mapped to the combat key maps. Which will make me sad, but I am pretty sure that I have used this virtual class mapping before and not had the same issue.

Normally I would be good with reading through stuff and figuring this out but this is clearly a bite larger that I can currently chew so any assistance would be great!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: Having a few issues with my config

For the hotkeys active when disabling Key Maps. Covered in the FAQ. https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_do_key ... isabled.3F

For your other problem, I suspect the issue is that you are using a Variable Keystroke, but sending it to a different window, and the other window, may not have the same variable keystroke for the target slot as the current window which is telling the other window to press the variable keystroke. In other words, the current window is evaluating the variable keystroke, and resolving that to F1, F2, F3, F4, etc, and then it sends that to the target window.
So, the Target mapped keys you have should probably be Window:Current, and the Mouseovers you have which are set to Window:Current should be the ATG's.

The other way would be to set up some new generic Target Slot X mapped keys with Window:Current and the Variable Keystroke action as you have them already, and then in your existing targeting mapped keys, use a Do Mapped Key action, with the group targets you have already.
<<

DrMetman

Post Sun May 03, 2020 10:31 pm

Interesting with the hotkeys FAQ

The variable keystrokes 'should' resolve to the same hotkey macro location in all windows as they are all identical and they use the /target char_name in the macro rather than F1-F6 method. Wanted the consistency, well and I failed miserably at doing this with the variable keystrokes per character using F1-F6. I have 6 macros for target and six for assist - they work if you manually address them.

Looking at your suggestions regarding target mapped keys for windows current and mouse-overs via ATG.

Thank you.
<<

DrMetman

Post Sun May 03, 2020 10:44 pm

Thank you Bob!!

Initial reports suggest your FAQ link - resolved the keymaps on/off issue. Also taking the time to read the rest of the FAQ, so there is that.

Still working the other issue (button map targeting thing) but will probably call soon as I have meetings in the AM which apparently snoring through is frowned upon.

Yeah - I still do not understand why healing works and the rest do not. None of the variable keystrokes should be resolving to F keys - unless I am overlooking something. Which I obviously am - lol.

Once again tried calling the macro hotkeys with keystroke commands from the window in question by focus and still silly. Will have to revisit this tomorrow. I will most certainly have nightmares about this.
<<

DrMetman

Post Mon May 04, 2020 9:32 am

BOB!!

Okay I figured it out. Apparently I was just getting tired.

It was simply ... Execute a Step when the Hotkey is -> pressed OR released

Thank you so much for resolving my other issue!!

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration