FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Updated: Unbanned for ISBoxer with Guild Wars 2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 am

Re: Updated: Unbanned for ISBoxer with Guild Wars 2

And the saga continues...

Was playing 5 accounts today (an elementalist and 4 rangers) and 3 of the 5 accounts got kicked out that said something about I was doing something wrong. Upon trying to log back in, I'm told that my accounts were banned due to botting, etc. I've opened 3 tickets again and posted on the Guild Wars 2 forums asking for them to make public their stance on multiboxing in a more specific way.
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Looks like they are getting better. I've been unblocked for the three accounts and the latest dialog is below. If you'll remember, GM Talon kept insisting before that I couldn't multibox, now he has informed the other GM that it's OK.

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (GM Talon) 02/12/2013 05:27 AM
Hi xxxxx,

I've combined the information from your other two tickets into this one; additionally, I've closed the other two tickets out to ease this process.

I apologize that this has happened to you once again. I've addressed the issue with the GM, so that this hopefully won't occur in the future.

Your accounts have been unblocked and you should be able to play them once more.

Regards,

GM Talon
Last edited by Prepared on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Enko

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm

All three of my accounts were banned. Putting in tickets now. Well guess this means, I'm never doing my dailies in Queensdale again since that's really all I multibox for.
<<

Enko

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Prepared,

How long did it take them from your initial troubleticket input to respond to it?

edit: They took 3 days but my accounts were finally unblocked.
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 am

Enko wrote:Prepared,

How long did it take them from your initial troubleticket input to respond to it?

edit: They took 3 days but my accounts were finally unblocked.

The response to the first ticket was under a day, but that was not a good response. From the ticket to being unblocked was about 3 days.
<<

NepNep

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 am

Hey there,

I know this is an old post but I wanna know how the status is. Are people still getting banned for using ISBoxer or is this case closed since Prepared officially got unbanned for using ISBoxer?

Right know I'm downloading GW 2 since I wanna try to 5box this game because it got F2P. But when I read "You can get banned for multiboxing" then it isn't worth my time.

I'm totally new here and started multiboxing a few days ago with FF XIV and SWTOR and I'm loving it so far.

Thanks for any infos in advance.

Nep
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:16 am

As far as anyone around here knows (and as far as google results show), the rule in GW2 has not changed. The rule is supposedly that you can have multiple accounts online at the same time, but input broadcasting is not allowed. EVE Online, Path of Exile have similar rules.

ISBoxer automatically disables broadcasting for GW2, EVE and POE, via a check box in your Character Set. This should help you adhere to the rule.

We have not heard of any recent multiboxing bans from any of these games -- noting that this thread was last bumped in 2013 -- but if we do it'll probably be posted (usually by the banned) in a thread like this one.
<<

NepNep

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:50 am

Hey there,

thanks for the quick answers.

lax wrote:ISBoxer automatically disables broadcasting for GW2, EVE and POE, via a check box in your Character Set. This should help you adhere to the rule.

But how should we play with multiple accounts when you can't broadcast keystrokes and mouse klicks to the other characters?
This makes ISBoxer nearly useless.

lax wrote:We have not heard of any recent multiboxing bans from any of these games -- noting that this thread was last bumped in 2013 -- but if we do it'll probably be posted (usually by the banned) in a thread like this one.

Good to hear, well I think I'll try it out with the broadcasting. When my accounts get banned it's a shame but at least I didn't lost any money only my spare time :roll:

Is Prepared still playing this game?

Nep
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:58 am

But how should we play with multiple accounts when you can't broadcast keystrokes and mouse klicks to the other characters?
This makes ISBoxer nearly useless.

I think it is a silly rule myself, one that encourages people to bot and hack the game instead (far more popular than multiboxing, mind you), but I don't make their rules.

Is Prepared still playing this game?

No, certainly not. He has been playing WoW, to my knowledge. http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow

I think Blizzard gives him less trouble than ArenaNet ever did. Not that Blizzard is any more fond of his, uh, enthusiasm for multiboxing
<<

nathanmnm

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:31 am

I dont know of many gw2 multiboxers mainly because of a lack of follow (gw1 did have follow btw, it seems to have been removed to prevent large scale botting and has the side effect of removing large scale multiboxing too). That said they do exist e.g. I have 18 gw2 accounts and use them for various things,

A. To get the daily log-in reward on three computers (I log in to sets of 6). The log-in rewards are a source of income as some of the items can be sold and I make enough not to have to grind for gold ingame (5 mins to log in compared to 1+ hours grinding).
B. I also harvest a fully upgraded home instance on 5 chars, gives more stuff to sell (anyone want any root veg?).
C. I do the daily pvp on 6 chars (which gives pvp potions and Ahievemnt Points).

I actualy multibox only up to 3 accounts, in non-expansion areas (non-HoT, see point 3 below) you can play 3 ok but have to have two mice (on seperate computers) or two if you use the same mouse and move it between windows. Two computers is simpler than isboxer, I only use ixboxer to log for daily rewards, harvest home instance and pvp (strictly isboxer is the configuration utility to innerspace so you actualy use innerspace, anyway).

It would take longer to log in the 12 log-in-rewards accounts without innerspace but its ony 30 seconds per account and I have 3 comuters. The things I would be totally unable to do without innerspace are the daily pvp and harvesting home instance as that requires 6 and 5 accounts at the same time and I only have 3 computers.

Couple of points.
1. F2P accounts do not get log in rewards (i think, you should check this). So 12 of my accounts would be pointless as F2P. This is important, F2P is NOT game-on for multiboxing in GW2 as the accounts are cut-down.
2. There is no follow command so using more chars than you have mice is hard (its ment to be hard, and broadcasting anything to simulate a follow command will get you banned so dont, basicaly learn to use a mouse in either hand or play WoW).
3. The expansion (Heart of Thorns) has a lot more ground baesd damage than vanilla, its VERY hard to stand still and stay alive (this is intentional I think to stop afk play and lazy ppl). I have had to go down to playing max 2 chars in HoT and I use to Razer Naga mice (so I can move each char and dodge and access all skills including calling target/180 turn/sidestep/backpeddle using just the mouse).
4. There is a bug in the 32 bit gw2 client causing random crashes on some systems, I get this on one of the three systems and it makes doing the daily pvp hard (you have to restart and reconnect mid game some of the time). Anet recommed using the 64 bit game client to get round this but innerspace has trouble with the 64 bit game client at the moment (it wasnt working, then it was almost working with a long delay and now its not working again - 64 bit seems to be a thing for a number of games right now).

Hope this helps, laters and have fun!
Previous

Return to Guild Wars 2