FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

issues loading game - new user

Moderator: MiRai

<<

martygras220

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:40 pm

issues loading game - new user

I just got ISBoxer today and can't for the life of me get more than 1 copy of diablo 3 to load (I'm trying to run 3 atm)

I've read the FAQ and watched the video's, ran the quick setup wizard (leaving everything as default)

it loads the first instance fine (launches the BNet app, I click launch, it makes it small and puts it where it should be) then when it loads the 2nd BNet app (which I log into my second account with) it shows the launch button grey'd out and says game is already running.

does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Re: issues loading game - new user

A few things come to mind...

1) Are you certain that the launcher is fully closing after launching the first Slot? If it isn't, then that could be the problem.
2) Are you launching your Character Set or the default game profile? You will want to be launching your Character Set.
3) You could be experiencing the issue that some people do when using the launcher, and, I believe, it's still somewhat of a mystery as to why that happens. Some peoples' computers seem to have an issue with permissions, and so the launcher cannot be used. The workaround would obviously be to choose one of the two game profiles that skip the launcher* (in ISBoxer, upper left pane > select a Character > lower right pane > Game/Game Profile > repeat for all Characters).

* there is currently a bug in IS Build 6383/6392 where the game profile is missing a required parameter, and you would need to manually add the -launch parameter to the 64-bit game profile in Inner Space, under the "Main Executable Parameters" field.
<<

martygras220

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:05 pm

MiRai wrote:A few things come to mind...

1) Are you certain that the launcher is fully closing after launching the first Slot? If it isn't, then that could be the problem.
2) Are you launching your Character Set or the default game profile? You will want to be launching your Character Set.
3) You could be experiencing the issue that some people do when using the launcher, and, I believe, it's still somewhat of a mystery as to why that happens. Some peoples' computers seem to have an issue with permissions, and so the launcher cannot be used. The workaround would obviously be to choose one of the two game profiles that skip the launcher* (in ISBoxer, upper left pane > select a Character > lower right pane > Game/Game Profile > repeat for all Characters).

* there is currently a bug in IS Build 6383/6392 where the game profile is missing a required parameter, and you would need to manually add the -launch parameter to the 64-bit game profile in Inner Space, under the "Main Executable Parameters" field.

thanks for the in-depth response!

the launcher is closing and I am launching my own profiles, as for #3 that could be the issue however I notice that when I choose the game/game profile I only have 3 choices Diablo III launcher, and Diablo III client 32 and 64 bit. I assumed it was because I downloaded it today and maybe it's just a newer version than in the video, I could try the last suggestion... where is "Main Executable Parameters"? I don't know the software at all and am not sure how to get there lol.

thanks again for all the help!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:34 pm

If you get the latest dev build, it should handle the missing parameter for the x64 bit client.
<<

martygras220

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:05 pm

bob wrote:If you get the latest dev build, it should handle the missing parameter for the x64 bit client.

sorry I'm super new to this, how do I do that? (think explain it like I'm 5 lol)

thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. You will need to click "Patch these files" for it to actually update. After updating, you can launch your team
<<

martygras220

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 pm

bob wrote:Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. You will need to click "Patch these files" for it to actually update. After updating, you can launch your team

worked like a charm thanks!!! :D

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected