FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

game launching help!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brenneman10

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 pm

game launching help!

I took a break from D3 over a year ago and it recently caught my eye again with some of the updates, so I reupped my subscription to get back into multiboxing D3. I thought it would be like riding a bike and just hop right back in....well that was 3 days ago and now i'm so frustrated and lost I just don't know what else to do but post for some help here. I've read through most every thread in here and thought a few times I'd have my issue fixed to no avail unfortunately. I'll provide whatever I need to, to get some help here and i'll provide initially what I've seen others providing in other threads when asked. I'm sorry for a duplicate thread and all, but all of my own work has seemed to only worsen the problem...

here's what i've attempted thus far:

when I reupped my subscription I updated to ISboxer 42
I"ve also patched inner space to current build and am even now on test builds based on some other info I've seen posted here - i'm currently on 1.15 (build 6163) - Image
I've tried deleting all the previous games out of innerspace and re-adding them back in and that didn't work
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Battle.net launcher
I've used the "clear" button in isboxer to try and start completely from scratch
I've checked my geforce drivers and currently on 378.49 release date 1/23/17 which according to GEForce Experience is the up to date driver
I checked DxDIag to make sure Directx11 is installed and working properly and it seemed to be and the diag tool said it was as well
I tried once disabling avast antivirus altogether, I also double checked the version - and i'm on 12.3.2280 which is later than the one with issues listed in another thread of possible issues
The bottom line is I can't get the 32 bit version working though I haven't put as much effort over there, since the 64 bit seems to be working for others here I went straight to that.
I don't care if I go through the launcher or not, I've attempted removing the -launch from the profiles and still getting crashes, I've tried the -launch profile and it also does not get even 1 of the 4 games launched. Whichever way will get it working I'll take, though I'd like to skip the launcher if pressed as that seems easiest.

I can tell you for almost certain that I don't have the same virtual file setup as most others here - when I used to have this working over a year ago I had 4 different install folders and all had individual profiles ( all mapped to the different install folders) assigned to their own character. As I've stated before I don't know what I have any more and I'd love any help that can be given. I'm attaching my most recent efforts after rewatching Mirai's latest ISboxer 42 setup guide for D3 just very recently posted and still getting

The game works perfectly well when launching normally from any of my 4 installs of the game.
I'm attaching logs as was requested in a similar thread of the D3debug.txt. I can't seem to attach the .dmp file if someone wants to tell me how i'll get it up for further help or can just email it to you.

http://pastebin.com/raw/gZmPSbxu

One other problem i'm having which may or may not be related -
I have 2 monitors that my computer is hooked to.
when i right click in windows and go to "screen resolution" my monitors are ID's as 1 and 2

however in ISboxer I get displays ID'd as display 1 and display 5:

I dont know if that's an issue or not, but it seemed quirky to me....anyway I'd greatly appreciate any help that can be given and i'm sorry for the length, but I'm trying to be as detailed as I can be and get this thing running as I have had in the past!

Thanks in advance
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: game launching help!

There was an annoying issue that kept popping up with the RASPAPI, and maybe that is appearing for you. It was quite transient, and only affected some people, and for most IIRC ended up reinstalling Windows to resolve. That may or may not be your issue though, so maybe nothing that drastic. You have all the current Window Updates though?

Second, a Compatibility Diagnostic may be useful. There are a couple of things in that diag which don't look right, but it doesn't show where they are sourced from. A diag will show that.
Code:
DBG-MODULE<0000000010100000 00012000 "lgscroll.dll" "lgscroll.pdb" 0 {f08d8805-f950-47c3-802ed40ecea200d4} 1 1248116486>
DBG-MODULE<0000000010D00000 00012000 "GameHook.dll" "GameHook.pdb" 0 {66c57328-9085-47ce-acee344cb67fa5d4} 1 1248116389>

As for your monitor thing. Yep, the Windows device name \\.\DISPLAY5 is the internal name for the monitor, and not necessarily the same as the number that window shows you for convenience. The internal name depends on a number of things, such as which port on the graphics card the monitor is plugged into, how many monitors have been plugged in previously, and which ports, and how many virtual displays are being used behind the scenes, and which version graphics driver you have, and how many times that have been updated (or more specifically which versions have been installed), and probably a bunch of other things.
It wont be the cause of an issue with a new Window Layout. The only time it becomes an issue is if the internal device names are changed (for whatever reason, some of which I've hinted at above), then sometimes there will be weird lag issues or the layout wont apply correctly. A new window layout with updated device names can resolve that.

Edit: You might also try setting Inner Space to not use the dev build/test patches, exit Inner Space, restart it, and let it patch back to the current release build.
You might also consider deleting the D3Prefs-Charname.txt files for D3 - (I can't tell you what folder they are in as I don't have it installed. It is the same folder the normal D3Prefs.txt file is in).
<<

brenneman10

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:24 pm

bob wrote:There was an annoying issue that kept popping up with the RASPAPI, and maybe that is appearing for you. It was quite transient, and only affected some people, and for most IIRC ended up reinstalling Windows to resolve. That may or may not be your issue though, so maybe nothing that drastic. You have all the current Window Updates though?

Second, a Compatibility Diagnostic may be useful. There are a couple of things in that diag which don't look right, but it doesn't show where they are sourced from. A diag will show that.
Code:
DBG-MODULE<0000000010100000 00012000 "lgscroll.dll" "lgscroll.pdb" 0 {f08d8805-f950-47c3-802ed40ecea200d4} 1 1248116486>
DBG-MODULE<0000000010D00000 00012000 "GameHook.dll" "GameHook.pdb" 0 {66c57328-9085-47ce-acee344cb67fa5d4} 1 1248116389>

As for your monitor thing. Yep, the Windows device name \\.\DISPLAY5 is the internal name for the monitor, and not necessarily the same as the number that window shows you for convenience. The internal name depends on a number of things, such as which port on the graphics card the monitor is plugged into, how many monitors have been plugged in previously, and which ports, and how many virtual displays are being used behind the scenes, and which version graphics driver you have, and how many times that have been updated (or more specifically which versions have been installed), and probably a bunch of other things.
It wont be the cause of an issue with a new Window Layout. The only time it becomes an issue is if the internal device names are changed (for whatever reason, some of which I've hinted at above), then sometimes there will be weird lag issues or the layout wont apply correctly. A new window layout with updated device names can resolve that.

Edit: You might also try setting Inner Space to not use the dev build/test patches, exit Inner Space, restart it, and let it patch back to the current release build.
You might also consider deleting the D3Prefs-Charname.txt files for D3 - (I can't tell you what folder they are in as I don't have it installed. It is the same folder the normal D3Prefs.txt file is in).

I"m running windows 7 and don't believe I have all the updates they've ever posted, and I hve been wanting to do a fresh install, so maybe i'll take that opportunity. one more question I wondered about is if I should try a fresh install of D3 directly from the battle.net website and not install it through the launcher? my thought was maybe it's something lingering from previous installs or whatever that's not going away. reason I wondered that is I dont seem to have any virtual files in any of my 4 installs currently and can't remember it trying to do this as is referenced in all of those threads every time they patch...anyway just some random thoughts and i'll try a fresh windows install and report back...ugh Thanks for the info on the monitors I believed it was fine, but wanted to ask
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm

brenneman10 wrote:reason I wondered that is I dont seem to have any virtual files in any of my 4 installs currently and can't remember it trying to do this as is referenced in all of those threads every time they patch..

Virtual files are created next to the original files that are listed in ISBoxer (conveniently, under Virtual Files). D3 stores its settings somewhere in the Users/Documents folder.

Also, did you create 4 separate installs for the use of multiboxing? If so, then that's completely unnecessary.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Lax suggested to me that you have some kind of proxy/vpn software running that might be causing the issue, and there are a couple of modules listed in that debug output which look like they could fit the bill. It makes sense for stack trace of the crash too.

Part of the reason for the compatibility diagnostic is that it give us a bit more info about the other programs hooking into the game, and also just running on your computer so any we are not familiar with, or known to cause issues can be pointed out.

As for the download. I don't believe it will make any difference as to how you get the game. Most of the updates for it are done via the launcher, so I'm not sure why it would make any difference from which install you got it.
I would suggest only having the one install though, unless you really need to have multiple for some other reason (one of the reason for multiple installs is so you don't need virtual files - for certain files anyway). It saves memory (RAM) when running the games from the single installation, as well as disk space, and a lot of annoyance with patching.
<<

brenneman10

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:57 pm

I'll run this compatibility diagnostics first thing when I get home and paste it up, thx for input thus far. I'm not aware of any vpn/proxy stuff running, so that would be a surprise to me, but I'll wait to hear back

Thx
<<

brenneman10

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:00 pm

http://pastebin.com/raw/2391XnF8

ok so nearest I can tell this problem might be stemming from NetgearGenie App?

I did recently upgrade my router from a netgear wndr3300 to a brand new nighthawk for some better coverage in the house and it wanted to install the netgear genie app which I was fine with... maybe you can point something else out that's glaringly wrong or show how to get ISboxer and Innerspace through the netgear genie problem if it is proxy or vpn type related? seems like that would just need to be a program that needs to get whitelisted or something of the sort?

THanks so much!
<<

brenneman10

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 pm

well I don't know what fixed the issue, but after a fresh install of windows, this launched straight out of the wizard setup video posted on youtube. can vouch that the guide and wizard posted are extremely helpful and dummie proof, well done.

Thanks for the help

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected