FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mouse cursor doesn't line up across different monitor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

waronker

Post Sat May 07, 2016 2:31 pm

mouse cursor doesn't line up across different monitor

Hello. I'm currently using ISBoxer to play four instances of Diablo 3 at the same time.

I have two monitors and am currently using this setup:

http://i.imgur.com/aKkdJOK.png

Once I'm in game, the cursor in monitor 1 doesn't line up with the cursors for game instance 2, 3 and 4 on monitor two. The 3 games on monitor two are set to "800x600" while the game on monitor 1 is set to "1920x1080".

"Use Instant window swapping" is chcked in my config, which I have attached.

Anyone have thoughts on how I could make the cursor consistent on all screens? Thanks!
Attachments
config.xml
(153.25 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: mouse cursor doesn't line up across different monitor

All games should be set to use the same resolution, or at the very least, the same aspect ratio.

According to your Window Layout (for your Quad team), all game instances should be running at 1920x1080. You should not be changing this in game as it will make things go all wrong as you have noticed. ISBoxer normally asks to fix this stuff on export of your profile, and you should be answering Yes.

If you need to use different resolutions (for resource requirements), MiRai covers how to do this in this video. You have set your 3D Render size, with the same aspect ratio, you can use a scaled cursor positioning mode. This option can be found under Repeater Profile -> Default in your profile in ISBoxer Toolkit.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 07, 2016 11:17 pm

I'll also point out that in Diablo 3, if the resolution box is grayed out then it doesn't matter what is set in there, because it's grayed out and is not in effect. The only time you can change the resolution through that drop-down is when in true fullscreen mode, which is not what we normally recommend when playing this particular game. As bob already said, your Window Layout in ISBoxer dictates what your game clients are running at.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 07, 2016 11:46 pm

and, as mentioned in numerous other posts similar to you may need to switch the Window size in game, between Fullscreen and Windowed. You should set it back to what you start with initially as this is probably right (usually you end up on Windowed Fullscreen), but you need the game to do a reset, and this is the way to do it.

yep, I should have said this the first time round too... I forgot.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected